Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

JoChervil wrote: »
    I know I will be "eaten alive" after saying that, but astrologers all over the world believed that this pandemic was caused by Jupiter Pluto conjunction in Capricorn, sign of seniors. There were three conjunctions. On the 4th April, 29th June (but this time both planets were retrograde) and the last one on November 13th. So now it will all fizzle out without vaccine. Since January 12th both planets are in different signs now and more then 10 degrees apart, so this energy is fading.

But the next Jupiter Pluto conjunction will be in 12 years but this time in Aquarius, sign of young people, mainly teenagers. So it would be good to figure out how to fight it then.

That's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Christ, they need to start setting a goal, some optimism. Dr Holohan actually stating that even after vaccinations we need to sit tight with 'public health measures' while they study the disease further for long term implications... This doom and gloom is just going to have people revolt against the current restrictions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

Happy to see that Professor Nolan has taken my advice on board - reducing his speech from an average length of around 22-minutes to today's briefing lecture of 6-minutes.

Send him another sh1t email

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I know I will be "eaten alive" after saying that, but astrologers all over the world believed that this pandemic was caused by Jupiter Pluto conjunction in Capricorn, sign of seniors. There were three conjunctions. On the 4th April, 29th June (but this time both planets were retrograde) and the last one on November 13th. So now it will all fizzle out without vaccine. Since January 12th both planets are in different signs now and more then 10 degrees apart, so this energy is fading.

But the next Jupiter Pluto conjunction will be in 12 years but this time in Aquarius, sign of young people, mainly teenagers. So it would be good to figure out how to fight it then.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy5QB0CXAixocEQ_LxxfX8yEQMqDcPI9YGwQ&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

They always find new ways

Yup unfortunately

Always something new to be worried about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Christ, they need to start setting a goal, some optimism. Dr Holohan actually stating that even after vaccinations we need to sit tight with 'public health measures' while they study the disease further for long term implications... This doom and gloom is just going to have people revolt against the current restrictions

Its gonna be another cruel summer!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Happy to see that Professor Nolan has taken my advice on board - reducing his speech from an average length of around 22-minutes to today's briefing lecture of 6-minutes.

Surely that sh1te email is a pisstake, or else deliberately was absent of any emotional intelligence?

;)

I really hope not! Dr Holohan suggesting that the only beach you'd get to this summer is one in your own 'locality'. That doesn't even sound promising for Staycations, etc. They're far too negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Did he actually say that? If so, he'll be sitting tight by himself while the rest of the world gets on with living.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Surely that sh1te email is a pisstake, or else deliberately was absent of any emotional intelligence?

Neither - it's a legitimate email that underscored a very real and legitimate problem in these briefings each week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I really hope not! Dr Holohan suggesting that the only beach you'd get to this summer is one in your own 'locality'. That doesn't even sound promising for Staycations, etc. They're far too negative.

The only thing worse than no hope is false hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Obviously doesn't watch enough Monday briefings. Nolans speech is shorter in them.

Either he knows something that no one else on the planet knows or he's losing the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

;)

The vaccinated will be leaving us here on our own.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭appledrop

I've stopped watching news , all rte programmes etc for exactly this reason. Can't be dealing with all the negativety. If we got down to 200 cases there would still be a negative spin on it. We are doing well down to 1000 at last.

I obviously check daily stats but thats it.

I'm in much better form because of it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Disappointed with Prof Nolan’s approach tonight. Just over 24 hours ago he was saying this:

https://twitter.com/president_mu/status/1355863200353427457?s=21

Yet this evening he’s coming across as disheartened and distracted by the apparent plateauing of the 5 day average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

polesheep wrote: »
    Either he knows something that no one else on the planet knows or he's losing the plot.

Its going to be hard to enforce any new restrictions after vaccination and hospital numbers drop

They have to keep the Doom and Gloom going this time while we're on level 5

Arghus wrote: »
    The only thing worse than no hope is false hope.

I think a bit of false hope or perhaps optimism looking forward is better than no hope myself :) But it is a difficult balancing act.

Obviously doesn't watch enough Monday briefings. Nolans speech is shorter in them.

My only regret is that he hasn't listened to my advice to up the energy/charisma level.

Listening to Professor Nolan now makes watching paint dry a socially acceptable activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

TBF to them they are usually responding to the inane journalist questions and what their readers desperately need to know. Hospitals, cases, deaths all going in the right direction and the vaccination programme is ticking along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Jeez he's really painting a positive summer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

is_that_so wrote: »
    TBF to them they are usually responding to the inane journalist questions and what their readers desperately need to know. Hospitals, cases, deaths all going in the right direction and the vaccination programme is ticking along.

Be better if they said they can't say now or don't know at this time tbh

is_that_so wrote: »

A simple "It's too early to say." would be a better response than being negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Well it's quite obvious isn't it? We blow up Pluto

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think it meant more in terms of travelling abroad and differentiating between that and poorly phrased. Well I hope at least..

The vaccinated will be leaving us here on our own.

When the spaceship comes to collect them. (I read it on facebook, it must be true)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

541757.JPG

Seems more like the curve of exponential decay + testing of close contacts now. No reason for any sort of concern at all imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I think a bit of false hope or perhaps optimism looking forward is better than no hope myself :) But it is a difficult balancing act.

It is a difficult balancing act alright. Do you remember in March when people were saying "it'll be grand" . I wish we would have had less hope then because we might have more hope now as a result of actions taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

We'll see.

I know what you mean by the way - it's hard to stay motivated with no definitive plan or date.

But, I think, at the moment there's just far too much unknowns right now to be making guarantees that have no certainty of being met, in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement