Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,850 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

1,388 in hospital

207 in ICU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    1,388 in hospital

207 in ICU

Close to a 700 drop in a week re hospitalizations ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

And meanwhile the pond rats will continue to pond while the rest of us will stay at home.
    What a fcukin time to be alive

I think id prefer this time to be alive than the famine years. Or be a jew in ww2. Or living in impoverished conditions 100s of years ago with no medicine etc . The future may well be horrendous with climate change. So in short, be grateful for what we have. We are not entitled to have a life that we choose, thats a first world recent concept. IMO
    That said, I'm not denying this is really tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

seefin wrote: »
    I think id prefer this time to be alive than the famine years. Or be a jew in ww2. Or living in impoverished conditions 100s of years ago with no medicine etc . The future may well be horrendous with climate change. So in short, be grateful for what we have. We are not entitled to have a life that we choose, thats a first world recent concept. IMO

What the **** am I after reading here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Close to a 700 drop in a week re hospitalizations ?

How can they drop so many in a week, or are these people that caught covid in hospital and now recovered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

niallo27 wrote: »
    How can they drop so many in a week, or are these people that caught covid in hospital and now recovered.

Who knows . I still don't know how we have a thousand cases a day . No clue where they could be coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

niallo27 wrote: »

We had a ton of cases and hospitalisations in a short time period, it follows that we will see steep discharges. Unfortunately ICU cases are slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Who knows . I still don't know how we have a thousand cases a day . No clue where they could be coming from

People with covid. They come from people with covid. Have you heard of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

So now the mutated variants are mutating... Worrying considering scientists see this as a virus that doesn't mutate that often.

I'm starting to think I'm not gonna see a tan line for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Threadbanned for completely disingenuous posting

Not directly related to the cases in Cork/Kerry but the Astrazeneca vaccine is not approved for use in over 65s in Sweden and Germany.

I think these things should be open for debate. Thread banning is not the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

recyclebin wrote: »
    Not directly related to the cases in Cork/Kerry but the Astrazeneca vaccine is not approved for use in over 65s in Sweden and Germany.

I think these things should be open for debate. Thread banning is not the way to go.

Mod:

Nowhere in that article does it state that those people died as a direct result of receiving the vaccine, which is what the other poster was insinuating in their post.

Any other questions, my PM inbox is open, do not respond to this on thread

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

recyclebin wrote: »

The rationale for Germany not approving for over 65s is not in anyway related to safety. To try to conflate the two represents either a gross misunderstanding or a blatant and deliberate misrepresentation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Heard a good song about lockdown..quite catchy actually :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZgeF5SrCAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

It seems that the strategy at this point is not going to change. No plan for strict measures that have worked in other countries. Eternall lockdowns is the plan, vaccines here and there. Maybe the next generation will see a world without restrictions. We are dumped in the garbage and it has been set on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The_Brood wrote: »
    It seems that the strategy at this point is not going to change. No plan for strict measures that have worked in other countries. Eternall lockdowns is the plan, vaccines here and there. Maybe the next generation will see a world without restrictions. We are dumped in the garbage and it has been set on fire.

What other countries ? do tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

What other countries ? do tell.

Not gonna respond to daft questions. Read the news. Europe has failed and destroyed the lives of its residents. Because "the people will never accept temporary short authorotative measures" but they will apparently accept endless lockdowns and misery. Sure.

Not gonna respond to daft questions. Read the news. Europe has failed and destroyed the lives of its residents. Because "the people will never accept temporary short authorotative measures" but they will apparently accept endless lockdowns and misery. Sure.

You're the one that mentioned other countries if you don't want to say which ones that's fine although I suspect there's a reason you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

Massive inconvenience the past year

But we're moving from being restricted to being vaccinated and next up is excluding new variants from entry and booster jabs

It hasn't gone smoothly but it's been a predictable enough path from the time the virus appeared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

If you are genuine in this, you need to relax. It's simply not true, not even close to true.

There may be minor restrictions here and there by the end of the year but by and large this is almost over. Come September 70% of the population will be vaccinated. Restrictions will ease gradually from March on. The nightmare is almost over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hopefully cases continue to decrease at this rate and I think they'll find it hard to not reopen some things in march. I doubt hospitality will but others should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

titan18 wrote: »
    Hopefully cases continue to decrease at this rate and I think they'll find it hard to not reopen some things in march. I doubt hospitality will but others should.

I think it will be a while yet for hospitality to open. But schools, construction, click and collect, non essential retail etc will open ip gradually when numbers are below 200 - 300 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think it will be a while yet for hospitality to open. But schools, construction, click and collect, non essential retail etc will open ip gradually when numbers are below 200 - 300 a day.

I'd hope so. I can't see hospitality opening til April at the least and maybe post May bank holiday, but if we're at 2-300 in 3-4 weeks and hospital numbers keep on decreasing at the current rate, they'll hopefully open non essential retail, gyms, hairdressers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,914 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

This is going to happen in about 3 weeks - and it will be a real crisis for government - because deaths and cases will be low - and we will be all locked down for no reason.

The deaths announcement today was a disgrace. As it was to try make things look worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Erra they'll still be far too slow and cautious

Painfully slow opening again they're promising no matter the cost to the economy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

I'm seeing conflict between government and nphet in my crystal ball

Those lily livered leaders will want to jump the gun when they see which way the wind is blowing

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

This is going to happen in about 3 weeks - and it will be a real crisis for government - because deaths and cases will be low - and we will be all locked down for no reason.

The deaths announcement today was a disgrace. As it was to try make things look worse.

You do realize that you have 3 months to register a death in Ireland? Do you seriously think that Government are massaging numbers for effect?

JMJ

• Advertisement

Malcomex wrote: »
    I'm seeing conflict between government and nphet in my crystal ball

Those lily livered leaders will want to jump the gun when they see which way the wind is blowing

Why would you see conflict between government and Nphet? The government is elected to run the country, Nphets job is to advise government and can be disbanded by the health minister .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement