Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

anything on schools yet ffs

Doesn't look like it. Can't see non special needs schools going back before February mid term at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

wadacrack wrote: »

I'm fairly sure this will not include EU travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

What vaccines are currently available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Eod100 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it. Can't see non special needs schools going back before February mid term at this stage.

Wish they would just be useful and give us a date until we review the situation, not knowing is absolute torture tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Pfeizer and Moderna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

redt0m wrote: »
    What vaccines are currently available in Ireland?
    polio

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I really think we need somebody in power to come out and say something positive.

I just don't get the overwhelming negativity of recent days.

We've had record Covid deaths within the past week and there's going to be another large amount today.

Our ICUs are maxed out and many healthcare specialities have shut down. If you have friends or family that need healthcare, or are working in healthcare, then thing are terrible right now.

We have another month at least of lockdown measures ahead of us.

There are positives, as you've listed, things are going in the right direction in cases and new hospitalisations. But expecting people to not be negative given the above is unreasonable. Many people are in a more difficult position than you right now.

Wish they would just be useful and give us a date until we review the situation, not knowing is absolute torture tbh

If they gave a date it's getting peoples hopes up again

Also gives the unions a target to avoid and talk down

Realistically nothing will happen until after midterm anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Eod100 wrote: »

More than likely they won`t reopen until after St Patrick`s Day.

• Advertisement

That's one of the many kites being floated but I think that was more about managing expectations. If they open before then, government can claim credit for schools opening ''early''. If they don;t they can say they warned the public and can blame the unions. So they're covering their bases there.

Or either between them they don't have more of a clue than the rest of us and are winging it..

You might be right

Long time inbetween midterm and St Patricks day though

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

gmisk wrote: »
    Friend of a friend of mine decided to take a jaunt to Brazil, he is a PT and has been working on the side the whole time....that's him stuck for two weeks in quarantine at his own expense when he is back....well deserved lol

PT?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Personal trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Personal trainer.

It's what the young folks call someone who works in a gym seemingly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Personal trainer I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

To change the letters of your name
    WHAT A ****!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So travel dealt with to a point, fast running out of scapegoats, I suppose back to blaming young people soon so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Personal trainer.

It's what the young folks call someone who works in a gym seemingly unemployed folks who spend all day in the gym call themselves :)

Fixed your post :pac:

So travel dealt with to a point, fast running out of scapegoats, I suppose back to blaming young people soon so.

I don't think trying to mitigate against the risk of importing new cases and variants is a scapegoat tbh. Think trying to make sure cases can decrease as much as possible to get back to some normality is fairly sensible under the circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I hear it's personal trainers you're after now, Father.

seamus wrote: »
    I hear it's personal trainers you're after now, Father.
    Naw you can just file him under travel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Cheltenham is coming up in 7 weeks. There's bound to be a few who'll swim over:D

Fixed your post :pac:
    So true lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

From what i have seen plenty of people deserve the blame.

Lets face i if we all followed the rules as is - it would be going down faster.

We may be able to vaccinate Covid but we will never get a vaccine for Stupid.

That said by the time the Gov get anything done the pandemic will be over haha.

From what i have seen plenty of people deserve the blame.

“I’m prefect, everyone else is the problem”.........

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Amirani wrote: »
    We've had record Covid deaths within the past week and there's going to be another large amount today.

Our ICUs are maxed out and many healthcare specialities have shut down. If you have friends or family that need healthcare, or are working in healthcare, then thing are terrible right now.

We have another month at least of lockdown measures ahead of us.

There are positives, as you've listed, things are going in the right direction in cases and new hospitalisations. But expecting people to not be negative given the above is unreasonable. Many people are in a more difficult position than you right now.

Out of interest, how do you know there will be a large amount of deaths today? There were just 7 yesterday. 7 too many but not near as bad as the 77 one day last week.

“I’m prefect, everyone else is the problem”.........
    Me fail english?! That's unpossible!

Me fail english?! That's unpossible!

Didn’t think anyone would get the joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Cats.

Tiddles is plotting yer downfall

"Those cats that were infected in the experiment?” Bosco-Lauth says to the New York Times. “You would never have known.” "

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/new-study-finds-dogs-dont-spread-covid-19-cats-can-pass-it-each-other-180975963/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement