Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Double the price is better than 4 times the price i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

Last 5 Sunday's

January 10th - 4842
    January 17th - 3231
    January 24th - 1910
    January 31st - 1414
    February 7th - 1024
    Thats very encouraging. Approx 30% drop week on week over 5 weeks. Especially good this week as close contacts back being tested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭BrianD3

So 60 euros per person here, about 100-200 million then. That's what happens when you have a shambolic health service that relies on private sector, for profit contractors for essential functions. It's also what happens when you leave it late to plan a mass vaccination rollout.

100-200 million would have paid for a lot of mass vaccination centres, mobile units etc. and the staffing of same.

Could be worse though, if the GPs had demanded 120 euro per person they'd likely have gotten it, they have the state over a barrel as they are the ones with the precious data on patients.

As an aside, GPs are obviously not the cause of our dysfunctional health service but they are a contributory factor. Not available at weekends or outside of normal office hours, contributing to the yearly trolley crisis by referring people to A&E rather than deal with them and so that the GPs ass is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭spookwoman

No HSE operations report last night so short report tonight

07-02-2021-p1.jpg
    07-02-2021-p2.jpg
    07-02-2021-p3.jpg
    07-02-2021-p4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Hmob

Covid has been a bonanza for the GPs

First they got the phone consultations and now they're moving on to the 60 euro jabs

I don't begrude as they had a role to fulfill and they did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

£12GBP or €13.80 over the border...perhaps they have less admin.

They do, the GPs are not doing any real admin or scheduling, NHS is looking after that. They also have lower cost of living and wages too. Ireland is expensive, has been for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

They do, the GPs are not doing any real admin or scheduling, NHS is looking after that. They also have lower cost of living and wages too. Ireland is expensive, has been for ages.

Well medical expenses are certainly higher down here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Well medical expenses are certainly higher down here :pac:

Yup, cost of living is 20-25% cheaper in the UK. On the flip side average wage is more than 25% higher here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

As a consequence of emerging variants we seem to be gravitating towards an annual Covid jab for the vulnerable and the cautious. It therefore makes sense that we open up without delay once these groups have had their initial vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ireland is expensive, has been for ages.

Oh boy it sure is, dosnt mean we have to like being gouged. Won't be retiring here if i can at all avoid it.

• Advertisement

polesheep wrote: »
    As a consequence of emerging variants we seem to be gravitating towards an annual Covid jab for the vulnerable and the cautious. It therefore makes sense that we open up without delay once these groups have had their initial vaccination.

Don't understand this?

Also on the booster jabs , don't we need everyone getting them

Hmob wrote: »
    Don't understand this?

Also on the booster jabs , don't we need everyone getting them

The initial buy in will be high but annual jabs will be a different matter. The uptake is likely to be little better than the flu. If we are unlikely to get everyone to take a vaccine next year and every year, why wait until everyone is vaccinated now to start opening up?

The initial buy in will be high but annual jabs will be a different matter. The uptake is likely to be little better than the flu. If we are unlikely to get everyone to take a vaccine next year and every year, why wait until everyone is vaccinated now to start opening up?

Not sure you have a clue what you're talking about tbh

But sure I suppose that's why we're here

Honestly? Do you believe that the whole population will take an annual vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Gael23 wrote: »
    Death figures on weekends are rarely accurate.
    Rarely accurate figures any day. The daily reported spikes are consistent though.

Are you fully clued in yourself?

https://www.ft.com/content/26b256d0-d021-46ac-ae3d-e3ea823c033d

Keep posting that paywalled link lol

No I don't know it all, I actually don't understand your logic

Keep posting that paywalled link lol

No I don't know it all, I actually don't understand your logic

The headline is sufficient to explain. As I already asked you, do you believe that the entire population will take an annual vaccination?

The headline is sufficient to explain. As I already asked you, do you believe that the entire population will take an annual vaccination?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭jackboy

They won’t unless forced so the annual vaccines may have to be mandated.

We saw the same with masks. Most people wouldn’t wear them until forced.

We will see in time what the new normal looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

It will be far higher than the flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

jackboy wrote: »
    They won’t unless forced so the annual vaccines may have to be mandated.

We saw the same with masks. Most people wouldn’t wear them until forced.

We will see in time what the new normal looks like.

You think vaccination will become mandatory, yet despite the inherent benefits of various vaccinations for measles, flu, etc non mandatory ? Hilarious the nonsense some people come out with.
    Huge difference between wearing a mask and an injection .

wadacrack wrote: »
    It will be far higher than the flu.

For an annual vaccine? For a vaccine this year it will be huge, but annually, I very much doubt it.

No

Then what's so difficult to understand about my post?

You think vaccination will become mandatory, yet despite the inherent benefits of various vaccinations for measles, flu, etc non mandatory ? Hilarious the nonsense some people come out with.
    Huge difference between wearing a mask and an injection .

The uptake of the flu vaccine is poor resulting in the hospitals being overrun every winter. We can’t allow that to happen with covid as it is more infectious. We couldn’t even get most of the nurses to take the flu vaccine.

The uptake of the flu vaccine is poor resulting in the hospitals being overrun every winter. We can’t allow that to happen with covid as it is more infectious. We couldn’t even get most of the nurses to take the flu vaccine.

So how will you get the population to take an annual vaccine?

So how will you get the population to take an annual vaccine?

The only way is vaccine passports where those not vaccinated are denied access to a variety of events and establishments.

The only way is vaccine passports where those not vaccinated are denied access to a variety of events and establishments.

That won't happen.

So you want to take away the right to body autonomy? Almost like the recent referendum never happened.
    I will be taking the vaccine when available if it means my life gets back to normal, but I respect the right of others to decide for themselves.
    Perhaps change your name to Jack Boot, it would reflect your attitude better.

• Advertisement

That won't happen.

A vaccination passport has already been ruled out by the UK authorities.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement