Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Of course they have the right to cross the border, if they have no option but to do it for work.

I know quite a few folk who work in Derry in various companies who all live in Donegal and drive NI cars.

It's fine to argue with a guard that you work in NI and need to cross the border both ways when working, but it'll not be so easy to argue as to why you are driving an NI car.

The back roads will be seeing in increase in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Good numbers. Might be in a good place where we'll have several days this week with <1000 cases hopefully. That'll be good for us psychologically.
    Would be progress if the seven day average is 800 cases per day or under by this Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

eigrod wrote: »
    The % has consistently been between 5% and 6.8% or so for the last 10 days. Lowish, but stubbornly not dropping below 5% yet.

Still decent progress to have the weekly positivity in testing at 5.9% down from 7% ten days ago.

If I recall right it took 2 weeks for the weekly positivity to drop under 5% in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

6 deaths

829 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Benimar wrote: »
    6 deaths

829 cases

Where's the Monday death bump? Dare I be optimistic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Drexel_3

6 deaths

829 cases

Hopefully we get more days than not below 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

6 deaths

829 cases

Cases the last 5 Mondays.

2/2 - 1062
    25/1 - 1372
    18/1 - 2121
    11/1 - 4929
    4/1- 6110

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who is asking these questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

hynesie08 wrote: »

The bump day is Tuesday, so I wouldn’t be too optimistic yet.

There were 10 deaths reported last Monday, and 100 on Tuesday.

Sadly I think we will still be seeing some high deaths for another few weeks.

How are the hospital numbers looking ? I haven't been keeping up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Headline deaths are unpredictable because of how they can be reported but the general reduction in cases does suggest we should be down to a much lower level, hopefully zero sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

The number of people with coronavirus in ICU is 176 - two fewer than yesterday. There are 1,211 Covid patients in hospitals with 39 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.

Numbers will be updated later on

Drexel_3 wrote: »
    Sadly I think we will still be seeing some high deaths for another few weeks.

How are the hospital numbers looking ? I haven't been keeping up

1212 with 176 in ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Who is asking these questions?

What questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

It is absolutely astonishing to me that there is no discussion, not even the slightest interest to determine how exactly for months on end now there are few days without at least 1,000 transmissions per day - given that we are in a level 5 lockdown and even the schools are closed.

We're in endless devastating lockdown and there is virtually no interest from anyone about where the infections are coming from and how do we stop them. The news strictly reports the daily numbers and that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    What questions?

Who are you?

The bump day is Tuesday, so I wouldn’t be too optimistic yet.

There were 10 deaths reported last Monday, and 100 on Tuesday.

You are completely correct, I had it as Sunday low Monday high in my head......

I retract my statement and suspend my optimism......

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The number of people with coronavirus in ICU is 176 - two fewer than yesterday. There are 1,211 Covid patients in hospitals with 39 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.

Numbers will be updated later on

Seems to be going in the right direction. The last time I checked I think ICU numbers were in and around 200. Slow going but heading in the right direction

Eod100 wrote: »

Nearly 60% who've received a first dose are fully vaccinated? That is an astonishingly good number.

• Advertisement

The_Brood wrote: »
    It is absolutely astonishing to me that there is no discussion, not even the slightest interest to determine how exactly for months on end now there are few days without at least 1,000 transmissions per day - given that we are in a level 5 lockdown and even the schools are closed.

We're in endless devastating lockdown and there is virtually no interest from anyone about where the infections are coming from and how do we stop them. The news strictly reports the daily numbers and that's that.
    I've read this carefully with due attention to the details and I've no idea what you're on about! What exactly are you looking to see?

Massive grain of salt, but somebody told me that over 100k people came into Ireland through the airports in January.

If true...ah who gives a shoite about anything anymore, it's like watching a bunch of lobotomised chickens trying to run a nuclear reactor :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have always had a list of questions that never seem to get asked at the nphet briefing. Are questions even allowed at it , or is it a one way briefing?

Just guessing , I'd say the spread is still happening because too many people are still working at things that either aren't essential or could be done from home, and also many families and close friends are still meeting up for social events, cuppas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Gradius wrote: »
    Massive grain of salt, but somebody told me that over 100k people came into Ireland through the airports in January.

If true...ah who gives a shoite about anything anymore, it's like watching a bunch of lobotomised chickens trying to run a nuclear reactor :p

Nobody told you....you read it on boards...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

Gradius wrote: »
    Who are you?

Are you asking the person who's asking 'what questions ?' who they are ?

Nobody told you....you read it on boards...

No actually somebody said it to me today after they heard it on the radio.

It's gotten to the point that it's more or less in one ear and out the other now, if i was told that martians invaded Carlow last Wednesday it would barely register.

boardise wrote: »
    Are you asking the person who's asking 'what questions ?' who they are ?

Where are you, and what about that thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What is their current inventory of vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

I presume GPs charging Patients for covid referrala are effective charging on the double . Pretty poor form in fairness .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I’ve concluded that the only reason the Government won’t adopt a Zero Covid strategy is because its government run buildings that would be the only places Covid would still spread if it was eradicated from the community and then they would be proven beyond any doubt to be incompetent.

Hospitals & nursing homes.

Another few weeks of this lockdown and with travel finally - but not fully - getting curtailed we will see very low numbers within 2 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement