Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Keyzer wrote: »
    No, I'm not aware because there is no information available on the HSE website providing details on the ramp up plan...

Putting your text in bold does not mean it's right....

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout-covid-19-vaccines-ireland.html
    links to this
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/bf337-covid-19-vaccination-strategy-and-implementation-plan/

Now do your self a favour and try to get better informed before giving out to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

D.Q wrote: »
    You're aware there's a ramp up to this? As in the current rate is going to continue to rise.
    That will be nice to see. It's been pretty flat so far, with the exception of a big drop this week. Left to right, Jan to now, thousands of vaccines:
    35, 48, 47, 51, 46, 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ficheall wrote: »
    That will be nice to see. It's been pretty flat so far, with the exception of a big drop this week. Left to right, Jan to now, thousands of vaccines:
    35, 48, 47, 51, 46, 29.

That data was up to midnight Thursday, so you can tack on another 12-14k

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ficheall wrote: »
    35, 48, 47, 51, 46, 29.

Supply has been flat until now... It will ramp up towards end of q1 and more so in q2

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

eagle eye wrote: »
    So they haven't learned anything from opening up too early before Christmas. The lack of intelligence is startling.

Irony alert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

hynesie08 wrote: »
    That data was up to midnight Thursday, so you can tack on another 12-14k
    Have you a link to the more accurate/up-to-date numbers? I was only going off the HSE website, which has "we plan to distribute.." as opposed to the numbers actually distributed. TIA.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

So Stephen Donnelly is on Twitter last night giving himself a pat on the back:

https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1358840276392030210?s=20

We're in week 6 of the COVID vaccination programme:
      230,766 doses / 42 days = 5494 doses per day Population of Ireland = 4.9M Number of required doses = 9.8M (2 doses per person)

Based on the current rate, it will take 4.8 years to vaccinate the entire country.

The UK vaccinated over half a million people on Saturday (6 Feb). That's more in one day than we have achieved in 6 weeks.

Utterly pathetic....

It is 270km from my front door to Dublin Airport. It takes me 2.5 hours or so to complete that journey. At the beginning of my journey, I am driving through my estate at 25km/h. You don't see me giving out that it'll take me almost 11 hours to complete the journey do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Sconsey wrote: »
    Putting your text in bold does not mean it's right....

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout-covid-19-vaccines-ireland.html
    links to this
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/bf337-covid-19-vaccination-strategy-and-implementation-plan/

Now do your self a favour and try to get better informed before giving out to people.

I've read all that material and, as previously posted, the closest thing to a "plan" is the nondescript graph below. No specific dates included, no details on numbers vaccinated.

542690.JPG

Perhaps my expectations are higher than others - I'd have expected the government to be way ahead of the curve on vaccination program given its the only clear route on getting us out of this mess. And, most importantly, saving lives...

230K doses administered and only 80K people fully vaccinated in 6 weeks is nothing to be proud of.

Anyroads, given my original post went down like a wet fart so I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

Eod100 wrote: »
    Woman twice broke visitor ban at Cork Covid ward and took selfies with infectious patient

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40222808.html

Stop the lights! No hope for humanity really is there :eek:

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Construction and schools after 3 months of level 5 is hardly reopening too early

Considering both remained open during the Oct/Nov lockdown and cases still dropped..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

marno21 wrote: »
    It is 270km from my front door to Dublin Airport. It takes me 2.5 hours or so to complete that journey. At the beginning of my journey, I am driving through my estate at 25km/h. You don't see me giving out that it'll take me almost 11 hours to complete the journey do you?

Exactly, because you have a trajectory in terms of your increase of speed vs distance remaining. You can then estimate how long the entire journey will take with a certain level of accuracy.

BTW, I wouldn't advise going to the airport, you need to stay within your 5KM radius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I've read all that material and, as previously posted, the closest thing to a "plan" is the nondescript graph below. No specific dates included, no details on numbers vaccinated.

542690.JPG

Yeah the chart looks like trump got his sharpie out again. Would be great to know when the sharp increase in vaccines being available will materialise.

To use the "going to the airport analogy". If the plan was a 2 and a half hour drive but it took 4 hours due to unforeseen delays then nobody is to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

mloc123 wrote: »
    Considering both remained open during the Oct/Nov lockdown and cases still dropped..

100%

They're acting like this easing of restrictions is a hard thing for the government to give away in March

It's not

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its already allowed ? What is he on about ?

no visitors are permitted in private homes/gardens (except for essential family reasons such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, or as part of a support bubble)
    no social/family gatherings should take place in other settings
    people may meet with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/066ce-ireland-placed-on-full-level-5-restrictions-of-the-plan-for-living-with-covid-19/

Seems the updated version has

Social and family gatherings
    In your home or garden

No visitors are permitted in private homes or gardens except for essential family reasons such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, or as part of a support bubble.

Other settings outside your home or garden

No social or family gatherings should take place in other settings.

Last updated on 3 February 2021

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/

I still think allowing to meet up outdoors isn't a real easing of restrictions from Leo and Co

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

In your home or garden

No visitors are permitted in private homes or gardens except for essential family reasons such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, or as part of a support bubble.

I still think allowing to meet up outdoors isn't a real easing of restrictions from Leo and Co

Section 10 about exercise is where it says you can meet with another household

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

230K doses administered and only 80K people fully vaccinated in 6 weeks is nothing to be proud of.
    How many do you think it should be by now? And how do you propose it would be done?

Where would you get the extra doses from?

At the moment we're in the top ten globally for the number of people fully vaccinated and we're about 50% ahead of the EU average.

So what exactly is it that you propose should be done instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Interesting article by RTE investigates. Hospitals and those working in them have faced an unprecedented crisis.
    "I think, in many ways, hospitals have been overrun in recent weeks," Prof Ridgway, the lead clinical director of Tallaght University Hospital, told RTÉ Investigates.

https://twitter.com/Mark_Coughlan/status/1359112513334489091?s=20

Stheno wrote: »
    Section 10 about exercise is where it says you can meet with another household

Ah ok

I presume Leo is on about families meeting up outdoors so?

Not in the context of exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

In your home or garden

Level 5
    From Department of the Taoiseach

Published on 15 September 2020

Training

People may meet with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise.

No indoor or outdoor exercise group activities, including those involving children, should take place.

Outdoor golf and tennis are not permitted.

Individual training only. No exercise or dance classes. No indoor or outdoor gatherings involving “individual training” except for professional and elite sports.

Level 5
    From Department of the Taoiseach

Published on 15 September 2020

Training

People may meet with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise.

No indoor or outdoor exercise group activities, including those involving children, should take place.

Outdoor golf and tennis are not permitted.

Individual training only. No exercise or dance classes. No indoor or outdoor gatherings involving “individual training” except for professional and elite sports.

Yeah Stheno just pointed that out I'm wrong

I presume Varadkar is on about families meeting up in Gardens not indoors or else he doesn't know himself about exercise rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Bret Weinstein? Well respected?! Come on. This is supposed to be a serious thread.

Weinstein has more credibility than China and the WHO, that said Doctor Robotnik has more credibility than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yeah Stheno just pointed that out I'm wrong

I presume Varadkar is on about families meeting up in Gardens not indoors or else he doesn't know himself about exercise rules

Yeh he is either putting his foot in it again or he means in the garden
    Lets hope we dont all freeze to death !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

There's nothing stopping people meeting up outdoors atm. I see plenty doing it. Particularly if you're both within the 5k of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Bambi wrote: »
    Weinstein has more credibility than China and the WHO, that said Doctor Robotnik has more credibility than them.

He really doesn't though. He's a right-wing dip**** who whinges about cancel culture and tried to get Tulsi Gabbard and Dan Crenshaw to run as a unity ticket in the 2020 election. He's a moron. A well-read moron, but a moron none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Yeh he is either putting his foot in it again or he means in the garden
    Lets hope we dont all freeze to death !!!

Would that be a death caused by covid?

Elessar wrote: »
    I think March 5 will be level 4 with 'additional restrictions' i.e. 5KM travel limit will remain, only schools and construction will go back.

Remember when they announced the 5 level plan... and did't stick to it once since :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Hmob

Klonker wrote: »
    I think the level of lifting restrictions will depend on what the rest of Europe are doing. Ireland are not going to open up before most of Europe even if our numbers are better, not after what happened at Christmas anyway. If the rest of Europe are lifting restrictions with similar numbers to Ireland, then I think the government will follow suit, though with slightly harsher restrictions as that's the Irish way!

I don't think the public will put up with us under harsh restrictions while the rest of Europe opens up. Most of the people shouting for zero covid know what they're asking for. It would mean harsher restrictions than what we have now until probably July to get it down near zero. And then locking down again anytime again a few cases show up which will happen with Northern Ireland and lax travel restrictions.

Ya that's my thinking

Events in Europe will affect lifting of restrictions here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hmob wrote: »
    Ya that's my thinking

Events in Europe will affect lifting of restrictions here

A fair few countries have already starting to reduce restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Hmob

Yeah the chart looks like trump got his sharpie out again. Would be great to know when the sharp increase in vaccines being available will materialise.

To use the "going to the airport analogy". If the plan was a 2 and a half hour drive but it took 4 hours due to unforeseen delays then nobody is to blame.

I'll believe the ramp up in vaccinations when I see it

There was always going to be massive demand at the outset and vaccines seem to be diverted elsewhere whenever they are about to come onstream here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I remember your suggestion was to open up closer to Christmas , you think that would have been better?

Yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement