Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Stheno wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly also said everyone over the age of 70 is set to have received their first dose of the vaccine by the end of March, with most also getting their second dose by that date.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/everyone-over-70-will-get-first-covid-19-vaccine-dose-within-next-11-weeks-donnelly-1134120

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I know of a hairdresser who is doing nothing due to the lockdown, I know of a young lad (friend of my son )who is flat out cutting hair.
    Majority following restrictions many with no choice but to try and make money pup doesn't cover all the bills.

The four I know thankfully have partners still working so they are ok for now
    I know its a huge struggle for so many of them and mortgage and rent to pay
    Its truly not easy for so many and I guess they have to do what is needed to keep their heads above water

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

tigger123 wrote: »
    Clear how? By the consistent reduction in numbers of new cases?

Passed the tattoo shop in my town today, I could hear the distinctive buzzing of a tattoo gun.

Not that I care too much, if both are wearing a mask and neither have symptoms it's probably grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,819 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gael23 wrote: »
    1006 cases
    54 deaths
    Benimar wrote: »
    54 deaths

1,006 cases

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Wombatman wrote: »

That changed last week to mid April with the reworking of the plan around vacination to just moderna and Pfizer. Was confirmed by the HSE only a few days ago.

Anecdotally my own GP today said by end of April she'll be finished 2 doses for all over 70s in her practice and its a large practise & allowing extra time if needed

https://www.thejournal.ie/paul-reid-vaccines-5347674-Feb2021/

“Thankfully, it’s not a significant impact on the completion of the first doses,” Reid said. “We were looking at the end of March, now it looks like probably the middle of April.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The four I know thankfully have partners still working so they are ok for now
    I know its a huge struggle for so many of them and mortgage and rent to pay
    Its truly not easy for so many and I guess they have to do what is needed to keep their heads above water

That's the thing, those that the use the pharse 'just stay at home' have no interest or empathy for the situation of others.
    A balanced response btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's clear now compliance is dropping fast. Barbers and hairdressers are doing house calls, sun bed places open by the back door, gyms busy and house parties still happening.

Where is this, because I can tell you there is next to **** all happening where I'm living in clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

niallo27 wrote: »
    Where is this, because I can tell you there is next to **** all happening where I'm living in clare.
    Go into any business park round my way plenty non essential businesses open and busy including where i work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Passed the tattoo shop in my town today, I could hear the distinctive buzzing of a tattoo gun.

Not that I care too much, if both are wearing a mask and neither have symptoms it's probably grand.

Maybe he was tattooing himself/herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stheno wrote: »
    He's getting a lot of pushback on that, GPs saying he's talking rubbish. He must have misspoken or be referring to the very tail end of the over-70s group, like those in very isolated rural settings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

seamus wrote: »
    He's getting a lot of pushback on that, GPs saying he's talking rubbish. He must have misspoken or be referring to the very tail end of the over-70s group, like those in very isolated rural settings.

Yes it came from the Vice President of the college of GPs

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

With the new reported that AZ ok for over 65’s that might speed up think he again especially for older age groups

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

10-02-2021-p1.jpg
    10-02-2021-p2.jpg
    10-02-2021-p3.jpg
    10-02-2021-p4.jpg
    10-02-2021-p5.jpg
    10-02-2021-p6.jpg
    10-02-2021-p7.jpg

Vaccine data now in tables 2 above testing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

GAA no longer considered elite for level 5 exemption

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1359585929258807299?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

pc7 wrote: »
    With the new reported that AZ ok for over 65’s that might speed up think he again especially for older age groups

The WHO are recommending it for emergency use.
    They are basing that on the very same data from the clinical trials, so there's been no new data for countries who have restricted the age range to consider.
    "However, the results of the efficacy estimate for persons up to 65 and older had a wide confidence interval. And therefore we feel that the response of this group cannot be any different to groups that are of a younger age.

"Since we have identified 'people over 65' was one of our priority groups in the prioritisation roadmap... looking at the safety and immunogenicity data... we recommend for the vaccine to be used in people 18 years and above, without an upper age limit.
    Almost sounds like any vaccine is better than no vaccine, which of course is true.

For countries who have supplies of Pfizer, it would make sense to use the most efficient vaccine on the most vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Thats good, GAA games caused a lot of cases last year. They should be hanging their heads and staying quiet for the next few months anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

frank8211 wrote: »
    Thats good, GAA games caused a lot of cases last year. They should be hanging their heads and staying quiet for the next few months anyway

I truly despise what has become of a lot of people in this country.

And then people wonder why some are so hesitant to come forward with symptoms. This vilification of people who catch a respitory virus is rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Whatever about "elite" level adults. I think its a disgrace that kids can't train outdoors until after this date. Young kids needs the outlet and any risk from outdoor training in small groups must be absolutely tiny.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

frank8211 wrote: »
    Those cases were caused by pissups in local pubs, not matches.

Anyway, club GAA activity has been suspended since October. It's intercounty competition which has been the focus since, which has not been responsible for outbreaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Perhaps if Tony Holohan had not decided that he knew better than NIAC and now the WHO we could have faster progress.

That man is an absolute ego-tripping disgrace.

NIAC made 2 recommendations around vaccination of over 70+.
    The CMO recommend one of those to the Health Minister.
    He didn't know know any better than NIAC, he just read their report and done his job and advised the Minister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,819 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought all over 65 would be vaccinated by April at the latest in the ROI

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wolf359f wrote: »
    The WHO are recommending it for emergency use.
    They are basing that on the very same data from the clinical trials, so there's been no new data for countries who have restricted the age range to consider.

Almost sounds like any vaccine is better than no vaccine, which of course is true.

For countries who have supplies of Pfizer, it would make sense to use the most efficient vaccine on the most vulnerable.

I’m sure LON said new data of a big study was due this week too though, hopefully he’s right and it shows it can be used and we can go back to original gp plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought all over 65 would be vaccinated by April at the latest in the ROI

Apparently not

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1359579758267424769

• Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

niallo27 wrote: »

I thankfully built a full gym out my back years ago so I haven't been tempted. But I'd still know a fair few into the power lifting and body building from the gyms i used to go to. And there are definitely a few gyms open around Dublin. Not your bigger commercial ones sneaking people in. But the smaller more niche ones. I'm in groups where pictures have been shared. A lot are in industrial estates and would only have a small door in with no windows.

My barber text recently about me dropping by if interested. Have heard the same from mates lately too. Anf the wife's hairdresser salon has been doing house calls. Some even doing nails through a letter box.

Wouldn't say it's rampant or nothing. But i think it would be foolish to think there aren't a percentage willing to risk whatever fines they may get by operating behind closed doors.

I'd say January was fine for a lot of people. It's usually a month people essentially lock themselves down anyways. But along comes February and no clear road map for how things will open back up or restrictions will lift. I can see why those with bills that are dependent on their business to pay them are tempted to open on the sly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

I thankfully built a full gym out my back years ago so I haven't been tempted. But I'd still know a fair few into the power lifting and body building from the gyms i used to go to. And there are definitely a few gyms open around Dublin. Not your bigger commercial ones sneaking people in. But the smaller more niche ones. I'm in groups where pictures have been shared. A lot are in industrial estates and would only have a small door in with no windows.

My barber text recently about me dropping by if interested. Have heard the same from mates lately too. Anf the wife's hairdresser salon has been doing house calls. Some even doing nails through a letter box.

Wouldn't say it's rampant or nothing. But i think it would be foolish to think there aren't a percentage willing to risk whatever fines they may get by operating behind closed doors.

I'd say January was fine for a lot of people. It's usually a month people essentially lock themselves down anyways. But along comes February and no clear road map for how things will open back up or restrictions will lift. I can see why those with bills that are dependent on their business to pay them are tempted to open on the sly.

Some day in the future, when I'm in my dotage and remembering the restrictions, I'll think of this and laugh heartily.
    "Some even doing nails through a letter box."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭jackboy

the wife's hairdresser salon has been doing house calls. Some even doing nails through a letter box.

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Like even Germany who are coming across as very cautious when extending their lockdown said some things can reopen 1st March like hairdressers. Our government are just cowards in comparison. We'll be the slowest again to reopen most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

"Some even doing nails through a letter box."

Well glory be.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Maybe, just maybe that'd give them the motivation to professionalise. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

It's clear now compliance is dropping fast. Barbers and hairdressers are doing house calls, sun bed places open by the back door, gyms busy and house parties still happening.

Social distancing has gone out the window. These covidiots will have bodies piled up in the street thanks to their covidiocy. Next 2 weeks are crucial.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement