Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johndanielmoore

b0nk1e wrote: »
    And if Micheál Martin goes to the United States for a meeting which could quite easily be done over Zoom, public adherence to his restrictions will have crumbled by the time the Six One airs.
    That's the reason I hope he'll go. It'll put an end to this charade

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dear George Lee, a pin stripe suit does not go with a large pattern tie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Missed the end of the last few graphs on the briefing again...Phillip's head in the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I thought a pin stripe suit was associated with banks and Anglo in particular.

• Advertisement

big syke wrote: »
    How do you know this? Are you an expert and what are your qualifications?

Sorry but there is no qualification requirement at all to post here , as evidenced by the density of some comments :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Sorry but there is no qualification requirement at all to post here , as evidenced by the density of some comments :pac:

Exactly, that's my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Re: Presser

Ronan Glynn far far better than Tony Holohan.

Much clearer and far less rambling. Also more motivating which is important.

Any chance we could get rid of Tony Holohan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Vaccination centre at the Helix on the news now. Not starting till next Monday, to get a clear run of the week probably,.....!!!
    If they have supply, they will open from 8am-8pm. No mention of a night shift to speed things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

bikeman1 wrote: »

Nah, not for a decade or so! He's in his mid-fifties!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Yes he comes across a lot better.
    That's 2 in a row Tony hasn't been at, is something up or is he just taking a week off?

big syke wrote: »
    Exactly, that's my point.

Yes but the general contribution of that poster is a lot more informative than some others so we don't agree on that .

UsBus wrote: »
    Vaccination centre at the Helix on the news now. Not starting till next Monday, to get a clear run of the week probably,.....!!!
    If they have supply, they will open from 8am-8pm. No mention of a night shift to speed things up.

That's good news .
    Are you volunteering then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭bikeman1

That's 2 in a row Tony hasn't been at, is something up or is he just taking a week off?

I was wondering that. Probably just in a meeting about a meeting wondering how one can live with Covid while in Level 6 or 7.

Working on the new Living with COVID plan?

is_that_so wrote: »
    Working on the new Living with COVID plan?

Living with Covid?
    What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Did someone tell Richard Chambers to stop tweeting numbers? He used to be all over them, but hasn't posted any recently.

Living with Covid?
    What does that mean?
    Levels 3 & 5 revised! There might even be a real Level 4 in it.

Ronan Glynn reminds me of a school prefect.

But as soon as the school principal walks in (Holohan), Glynn goes back into retreat.

Professor Nolan, to complete the metaphor, is the supervising teacher we would have killed to avoid having to endure.

Ronan Glynn reminds me of a school prefect.

But as soon as the school principal walks in (Holohan), Glynn goes back into retreat.

Professor Nolan, to complete the metaphor, is the supervising teacher we would have killed to avoid having to endure.

He's Clark Kent but Tony is Superman :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭mcburns07

redt0m wrote: »
    Did someone tell Richard Chambers to stop tweeting numbers? He used to be all over them, but hasn't posted any recently.

I’d imagine he’s bored and sick of it like the rest of us at this stage, no end in sight. I’m so disillusioned it’s difficult to care about any of the news about it anymore good bad or indifferent.

mcburns07 wrote: »
    I’d imagine he’s bored and sick of it like the rest of us at this stage, no end in sight. I’m so disillusioned it’s difficult to care about any of the news about it anymore good bad or indifferent.

Exactly, surprised it took him this long. He was 24/7 on twitter. It would not be good for you.
    So I take it the 5k rule is not going to be adjusted in March..?? Haven't heard it mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Exactly, surprised it took him this long. He was 24/7 on twitter. It would not be good for you.
    So I take it the 5k rule is not going to be adjusted in March..?? Haven't heard it mentioned

If you're a smoker you'll be allowed go 6k as Leo is very worried about their rights.

Sequencing 10% of all confirmed cases.
    Now if the government could do their job and finally sort those travelling into the country we might be getting somewhere.
    Bit like trying to catch 10% of water leaking from a sieve atm..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Turtwig wrote: »
    You really have no idea of our health care systems work do you? I actually envy you.

So long covid is a chronic illness now is it, I envy you that you have so much knowledge on a disease that is not even a year old. My original point was in reply to the poster who says long covid cases are not going to hospital so maybe save your smart replies for that poster not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭mcburns07

No it’s not being changed apparently, I can appreciate that restrictions will continue to be required for a while yet but some of them such as the 5km limit and closing 1000s of non essential retail businesses seem over bearing. Neither of these makes any significant difference to the trajectory of the virus.

I know people keep saying this but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if compliance really started to slip when an extension to April is officially announced, it’s like going on a strict diet, maintaining it for a while is possible but eventually most people revert to old habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I was wondering that. Probably just in a meeting about a meeting wondering how one can live with Covid while in Level 6 or 7.

His wife is terminally ill. That’s reason enough to take the odd evening off.

mcburns07 wrote: »

I know people keep saying this but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if compliance really started to slip when an extension to April is officially announced, it’s like going on a strict diet, maintaining it for a while is possible but eventually most people revert to old habits.

Yeah, it's ready to fall apart I think. You can't have a policy of telling people 'just another 6 weeks lads' when they have been all over the place from the start.

I was all for following every restriction from the start with the sole purpose of protecting my parents. The reality of this situation is that until a high percentage of countries are vaccinated, things aren't going to change. We have absolutely no control over what these countries do. Future generations will not be able to fathom the soft handed approach to handling this for the first year. It's too late for endless lockdowns now, the damage this is doing will put 2008 in the shadows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Akabusi

All the sound bites M Martin is making about opening up very cautiously this time sounds very last summer. I can see us again lagging months behind other countries in opening things up. No wonder people go half mad when they get the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

His wife is terminally ill. That’s reason enough to take the odd evening off.

Sounds like enough of a reason to step down completely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement