Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

ZX7R wrote: »
    Depends on how you view what a lockdown is these countries.
    Even at there peak of infection over Christmas they still had more of there economy open than Ireland have now .
    To be honest I don't think you realise how much is actually open in other eu countries compared to Ireland.

Ah here. I'm the google mobility data guy. I probably have more of an idea of that then anyone else here.
    We have neither the strictest lockdown nor the longest running in the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

shamco wrote: »
    Loads of teenagers playing football in the AUl all weather pitches in Lucan just now

And???

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

Didnt think groups were allowed to congregate in level 5

Didnt think groups were allowed to congregate in level 5

Just tell them to do the Jerusalem dance, that seems to be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

Just tell them to do the Jerusalem dance, that seems to be allowed.

🀣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Ah here. I'm the google mobility data guy. I probably have more of an idea of that then anyone else here.

You might want to update your goggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Noice I knew I've seen you around. Keep up the good work. :pac:

543253.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

fits wrote: »
    That’s a little disappointing. Was hoping to see lower numbers than that this week

This week compared to last has seen 1,292 less positive swabs. The 7 positivity rate in testing is at 5.6% from 6.1% last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

This week compared to last has seen 1,292 less positive swabs. The 7 positivity rate in testing is at 5.6% from 6.1% last Friday.

Then again Friday last week was better than today who h isn't ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Loads of teenagers playing football in the AUl all weather pitches in Lucan just now

Are you watching that through the gap in your curtains?

• Advertisement

I saw five kids outside SuperValu today as I went into the shop. Clearly not form the same family. Is there a confidential hotline I can ring to report them or should I wait till Monday and Talk to Joe about it or maybe Claire?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

lawred2 wrote: »
    Are you watching that through the gap in your curtains?

b7d6a6b35dd081d3f24748bc6126fa69.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭redarmy

23 additional deaths.

921 new cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭prunudo

Heading the right direction which is the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I saw five kids outside SuperValu today as I went into the shop. Clearly not form the same family. Is there a confidential hotline I can ring to report them or should I wait till Monday and Talk to Joe about it or maybe Claire?

You've shared it here, your job for the day is done,take the rest of the night off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

921 cases. Sadly 23 deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

7 day average in cases the last 5 Fridays

12/2 - 861
    5/2 - 1140
    29/1 - 1378
    22/1 - 2538
    15/1 - 4395

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

921 cases. Sadly 23 deaths.

Four days of falling numbers ahead, we'll not see 1,000 cases in a day again, until we next decide we need to stupidly prop up low barrier to entry business again.

Four days of falling numbers ahead, we'll not see 1,000 cases in a day again, until we next decide we need to stupidly prop up low barrier to entry business again.

Deadright lockdown forever. It's not important for businesses to make money and employ people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

And the 100% bloody right to be out in the fresh air doing what children should be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Deadright lockdown forever. It's not important for businesses to make money and employ people.

Only the unproductive low barrier sectors are closed, the important parts are open

Only the unproductive low barrier sectors are closed, the important parts are open

Unproductive? The hospitality sector alone employs in excess of 120,000 people generating billions for the state coffers.
    Any industry that employs people is productive. I thought the nonsense stopped earlier on this thread clearly I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

The tourism sector is absolutely vital for the country going forward. None of the jobs in the multinational companies are reliable in the long term. It is so important to protect the indigenous industries that are being heaviest hit by the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

:/

Yeah because screw non-essential retail, they're COVID super spreaders. Never mind the people who need money and a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭prunudo

Unproductive? The hospitality sector alone employs in excess of 120,000 people generating billions for the state coffers.
    Any industry that employs people is productive. I thought the nonsense stopped earlier on this thread clearly I was wrong.

Not sure if its an ignorant snobby comment or another wum.

Imagine being like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I know this has been going on too long when I find myself agreeing with you plumb.

prunudo wrote: »
    Not sure if its an ignorant snobby comment or another wum.

I would say ignorant as in the meaning of the word ie. hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭snowgal

was just thinking, do yee think maybe, just maybe, we will never see daily cases of covid over 1000 in Ireland again?? Just think its a potential positive to think of during all this sh*te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

This is some serious snobbery right here. Those of us employed in hospitality and in retail pay our taxes just like everyone else in the State.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement