Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

shamco wrote: »
    Loads of teenagers playing football in the AUl all weather pitches in Lucan just now

Preferably outside in the air than stuck inside a room playing xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Arghus wrote: »
    I know this has been going on too long when I find myself agreeing with you plumb.

Console yourself in the knowledge it most likely won't happen too often. I believe this is only the second occasion. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

darem93 wrote: »
    This is some serious snobbery right here. Those of us employed in hospitality and in retail pay our taxes just like everyone else in the State.

Typical, attack the messenger when you can't handle the message.

Typical, attack the messenger when you can't handle the message.
    It was you who suggested businesses that are presently closed are unproductive . So can't see how one can separate the nonsense you spouted from you as the person who spouted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

It was you who suggested businesses that are presently closed are unproductive . So can't see how one can separate the nonsense you spouted from you as the person who spouted it.

They are relatively unproductive, this is just a fact. They have relatively low barriers to entry. How many restaurants start up and fail every year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭brickster69

12,000 over 85's due to be vaccinated in Ireland next week.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

snowgal wrote: »
    was just thinking, do yee think maybe, just maybe, we will never see daily cases of covid over 1000 in Ireland again?? Just think its a potential positive to think of during all this sh*te

It’s a nice thought but very unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

TheDoctor wrote: »
    It’s a nice thought but very unlikely

Barring the next week or two, why do you figure this?

They are relatively unproductive, this is just a fact. They have relatively low barriers to entry. How many restaurants start up and fail every year?

Stop digging you're only making it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

12,000 over 85's due to be vaccinated in Ireland next week.

Where's the info from? Is there more info on what's planned for the next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭brickster69

Sanjuro wrote: »

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/status/1360295105731518466

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Many thanks. I thought for a second it was ONLY 12,000 vaccines next week. Outrage fading... fading
    ... gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Sanjuro wrote: »

The HSE have it all laid out here - https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout-covid-19-vaccines-ireland.html

Next group to be vaccinated
    The next group to be vaccinated will be people aged 85 and older. This will start on 15 February and will continue as supplies of vaccines are available.

If you are aged 85 or older, you don't need to register in advance. Your GP will contact you when your vaccine is available.

COVID-19 vaccination will be offered to more groups as soon as possible.

Supplies of vaccines are limited at this time. Vaccines will be given as the supply arrives in Ireland. There will be no build-up of stock. The rollout of vaccines will only be limited by supply.

They also have a dashboard here which is now updated daily with the vaccination numbers

https://covid-19.geohive.ie/pages/vaccinations

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

12-02-2021-p1.jpg
    12-02-2021-p2.jpg
    12-02-2021-p3.jpg
    12-02-2021-p4.jpg
    12-02-2021-p5.jpg
    12-02-2021-p6.jpg
    12-02-2021-p7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Can someone please tell me when an 84 year old can expect vaccination?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah here. I'm the google mobility data guy. I probably have more of an idea of that then anyone else here.
    We have neither the strictest lockdown nor the longest running in the EU.

We had the longest and most restrictive lockdown in Europe, you can not dispute this fact and we both know we will have the longest most drawn out lockdown in Europe once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

There are several euro countries that have been in lockdown for quite a bit longer than us. Denmark, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands to name some of them.

All of these countries locked down prior to Christmas.

So you're dead wrong.

I don't know about the others but Germany entered their lockdown in November. So automatically your list screams **** to me.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/28/germany-to-begin-partial-lockdown-from-november-2-says-angela-merkel

Also the Dutch lockdown is nowhere near as isolating as our lockdown. You can visit one new household each day, you can even travel anywhere you like because there is no 5km limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

blade1 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me when an 84 year old can expect vaccination?

Depends on the vaccine producers getting their shops in order. Up until this week Pfizer was the only one really supplying us. If we get decent supply then they will be vaccinated in parallel with the over 85s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

niallo27 wrote: »
    We had the longest and most restrictive lockdown in Europe, you can not dispute this fact and we both know we will have the longest most drawn out lockdown in Europe once again.

We also have people calling dentists in Spain to get email confirmations of appointments and then not showing up........so swings and roundabouts really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

We also have people calling dentists in Spain to get email confirmations of appointments and then not showing up........so swings and roundabouts really.

Each and everyone of those are patriots

• Advertisement

What's your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Niall, we're talking about the current lockdown.

This one might well go on to be longest in Europe, who knows. But as of now there are many countries that have been in lockdown for longer.

You cannot dispute this either I'm afraid

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    I don't know about the others but Germany entered their lockdown in November. So automatically your list screams **** to me.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/28/germany-to-begin-partial-lockdown-from-november-2-says-angela-merkel

Also the Dutch lockdown is nowhere near as isolating as our lockdown. You can visit one new household each day, you can even travel anywhere you like because there is no 5km limit.

November comes before Christmas traditionally, rugbylad.

I didn't say anything about dutch restrictions, only that they came in before ours.

It's gas watching people like these empty posts.

I mean Niall and your man completely got the wrong end of the stick, and you little people liked their posts anyways :)

It's gas watching people like these empty posts.

I mean Niall and your man completely got the wrong end of the stick, and you little people liked their posts anyways :)

Little people, where did that come from.

Little people, where did that come from.

I'd ignore him. You can tell what someone is up to when they are deliberately trying to bait other posters. Let the Mods deal with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Must have had a bad week ransacking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

What's your point.

You can have all the public health measures in the world but when you have such obtuse rebels sorry I mean patriots then endless lockdowns are inescapable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

You can have all the public health measures in the world but when you have such obtuse rebels sorry I mean patriots then endless lockdowns are inescapable.

That’s irrelevant really. There will always be people like that. The only countries that have done a good job are the ones who have had enforcement. A lot of our restrictions are more like suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

November comes before Christmas traditionally, rugbylad.

I didn't say anything about dutch restrictions, only that they came in before ours.

The current lockdown started in October, and September for Dublin. The week or two break we had for Christmas is meaningless.

If you're dating girl for a few months and then you have a short break for 1 week, do you reset the counter back to zero?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement