Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He's moved on from ladder fallers. He would do well do look a few people in the eye.

https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1352722710984585216?s=20

Ah spare these bull**** videos. He talked about mental health the other day and how nphet never once discussed it. Do you think that is right. He is asking the questions that increasing number of people want answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales now have the highest and best vaccination numbers in Europe! Scotland with it terrible weather, huge number of rural dwellers and multitude of islands...............is light years ahead of Ireland................and so is Northern Ireland. https://www.thenational.scot/news/19...-leads-europe/

This is beyond depressing for us stuck here in the Republic !!

Your link shows a rugby story, nothing about UK vaccination results. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Very rough calculation and could be completely wrong, UK 2nd dose vaccine administered, ie fully vaccinated verses ireland. UK pop 66,000,000 , 500,000 second doses equals very approx. 0.75% population covered. Ireland 5,000,000 with 90000 second dose equals 1.7%. So we are actually ahead of UK if maths are correct???

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

I really don't think people should be too worried about the speed of the roll out there compared to here just yet. I think you'll find we are all still living under the same restrictions. I'd expect our roll out to speed up significantly once the J&J gets going. We will also have the added pfizer vaccines (being made by sanofi) coming online at the end of April.
    So the UK is going along 100kph at the moment and its going to stay that pace.
    We are going at 30kph pace but by time J&J and the rest come on we will be at 120kph and catch up. Maybe not fully but by time restrictions are lifted I can't see there being much difference between us give or take 2 or 3 weeks..a month at worst.

That’s an excellent post - very measured and puts things into perspective.

D

Your link shows a rugby story, nothing about UK vaccination results.

sorry.................here's another, scroll down page to Vaccinations link. Over 1 million have received their first dose of vaccine.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah spare these bull**** videos. He talked about mental health the other day and how nphet never once discussed it. Do you think that is right. He is asking the questions that increasing number of people want answered.

You may think of them as bull**** but I've two sisters working on those wards. What about their mental health? It's all me me me with you.

You may think of them as bull**** but I've two sisters working on those wards. What about their mental health? It's all me me me with you.

this is a post on a different forum about how a young mother is suffering with depression because of lockdown..........stuck at home, new baby, her family all abroad, no support, nothing...........an awful lot of people out there are in a bad way.

"...Motherhood is not easy and in the lockdown..uff. there are good days and bad..
    Unfortunately i had to go to doctor for antidepresant tablets as i can not cope with Level 5 anymore. Missing my family abroad, cant do anything. So there I am... 34th birthday locked in the house with tablets. I hope Goverment will wake up soon..as mental health of people is a really big problem. Majority of my friends now are on the pills. Crazy"

Society and the Irish Government need to wake up quickly to what's going on inside most houses in the country, in one way or another!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Jaysus can we get down from 1k daily cases. This will never fckiing end at the rate we're going.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

1078 cases
    66 deaths

this is a post on a different forum about how a young mother is suffering with depression because of lockdown..........stuck at home, her family all abroad, no support, nothing...........an awful lot of people out there are in a bad way.

"...Motherhood is not easy and in the lockdown..uff. there are good days and bad..
    Unfortunately i had to go to doctor for antidepresant tablets as i can not cope with Level 5 anymore. Missing my family abroad, cant do anything. So there I am... 34th birthday locked in the house with tablets. I hope Goverment will wake up soon..as mental health of people is a really big problem. Majority of my friends now are on the pills. Crazy"

That's terrible. What about all of the mental health of kids who can't go to school etc. Unfortunately we need to allow inward immigration to flow so that the rental prices are kept high so that we can repay the bad loans from the 2007 boom bust bull****.

They are sacrifices that they are willing to make unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Is it not bit hypocritical of you do mention your only personal reasons for posting the video and then say its all me me me when referring to my reasons for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

There needs to be a discussion about mental health. An honest one.

Not hyperbole and lies.

Not I want to gargle a big black creamy pint for my mental health bull****.

Most people talking about mental health are talking bull**** here. There's definitely a mental health issue at the moment but how big a problem is it. I honestly don't know.

That's terrible. What about all of the mental health of kids who can't go to school etc. Unfortunately we need to allow inward immigration to flow so that the rental prices are kept high so that we can repay the bad loans from the 2007 boom bust bull****.

They are sacrifices that they are willing to make unfortunately.

There is a thread for conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Really hard to stomach recent numbers. The trend of new cases has been going down ever so slowly but it’s hard to feel any sort of hope at the moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Jaysus can we get down from 1k daily cases. This will never fckiing end at the rate we're going.

We need to know how many of those cases are as a result of community transmission and how many are as a result of those contracting the disease in healthcare settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

There needs to be a discussion about mental health. An honest one.

Not hyperbole and lies.

Not I want to gargle a big black creamy pint for my mental health bull****.

Most people talking about mental health are talking bull**** here. There's definitely a mental health issue at the moment but how big a problem is it. I honestly don't know.

There'd be plenty of people who a pint of the black stuff in their local is the only thing they live for. Its not a great existence but it is what it is and yes their mental health is suffering because of this. Whether you agree or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Important thing to remember that while cases are high, hospitalisation is going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    1078 cases
    66 deaths

Disappointing, especially in Dublin. Very hard to keep going with the restrictions when you see this.......and no doubt we'll be told we're not trying hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Oymyakon wrote: »
    Really hard to stomach recent numbers. The trend of new cases has been going down ever so slowly but it’s hard to feel any sort of hope at the moment. :(

Well said. That's exactly how I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Oymyakon wrote: »

Philip Nolan said the close contacts being tested again would plateau the numbers so this is to be expected. Hopefully they start dropping again next week, if not we’d be in trouble.

• Advertisement

Is it not bit hypocritical of you do mention your only personal reasons for posting the video and then say its all me me me when referring to my reasons for replying.

Let's think about that Niallo. My personal reason? I have a personal insight to a problem alright. Who are they helping anyway? Who do you help? They are but 2 of many in the same situation facing burn out and exhaustion, seeing horrific life changing experiences on daily basis and being asked to work crazy hours under intense pressure where one mistake could result in someones death. All the while worrying if they'll contract it and end up as a statistic. In effect they are being asked to deal with the consequences of our governments bad decisions.

By all means question stuff but me worrying about the plight of health care workers is personal but it's also a national issue. They are vastly understaffed and they are leaving in their droves. Who could blame them. We won't have many left at this rate.

There are over 800,000 people on waiting lists because of covid.

https://twitter.com/theseant/status/1360140454482894852?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Philip Nolan said the close contacts being tested again would plateau the numbers so this is to be expected. Hopefully they start dropping again next week, if not we’d be in trouble.

Next week will tell alot, one way to look at it is that we are breaking more chains of transmission. Should help lower the r rate

Let's think about that Niallo. My personal reason? I have a personal insight to a problem alright. Who are they helping anyway? Who do you help? They are but 2 of many in the same situation facing burn out and exhaustion, seeing horrific life changing experiences on daily basis and being asked to work crazy hours under intense pressure where one mistake could result in someones death. All the while worrying if they'll contract it and end up as a statistic. In effect they are being asked to deal with the consequences of our governments bad decisions.

By all means question stuff but me worrying about the plight of health care workers is personal but it's also a national issue. They are vastly understaffed and they are leaving in their droves. Who could blame them. We won't have many left at this rate.

There are over 800,000 people on waiting lists because of covid.

https://twitter.com/theseant/status/1360140454482894852?s=20

I respect everything you posted there, I know these people are suffering. But to just dismiss everything mcmamara said is wrong, there are a hell of a lot of people suffering out there not in the health service and they are being completely ignored so calls for nphet to at least discuss it, is a very fair ask would you not agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

7 day average in cases is 897 last Saturday it was 1056.

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    1078 cases
    66 deaths

UK are overtaking us, and have a steeper downward curve. And surge testing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

300 house parties stopped by Gardai and 10,500 people arrived back from holidays the last 2 weeks.

These numbers aren't surprising at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭prunudo

7 day average in cases is 897 last Saturday it was 1056.

I suppose that, and hospital numbers declining are the important numbers to keep an eye on.

300 house parties stopped by Gardai and 10,500 people arrived back from holidays the last 2 weeks.

These numbers aren't surprising at all.

Why would holidays be such a big deal, they are probably going to places with lower transmission rates or similar restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Why would holidays be such a big deal, they are probably going to places with lower transmission rates or similar restrictions.

Canaries definitely don't have similar restrictions.

Plenty of social mixing opportunities there that isn't here.

And we all know what happens with that opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭prunudo

And you need a negative test to fly now. I don't get the hate for people travelling. Is it a fear of them spreading the virus or a jealousy thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement