Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

prunudo wrote: »
    And you need a negative test to fly now. I don't get the hate for people travelling. Is it a fear of them spreading the virus or a jealousy thing.
    People largely looking for someone to blame for the continued levels of cases, despite it being predominantly community driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And you need a negative test to fly now. I don't get the hate for people travelling. Is it a fear of them spreading the virus or a jealousy thing.

Negative test means nothing.

You could still have the virus but the test won't show it up for a few days after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

An awful lot of deaths, isn't there?

We're at a thousand cases per day or less some days. So why are deaths so high?

Or it seems very high to me. Even if you make excuses that some of the deaths occurred in November, December and January. 41 of those deaths occurred in February. That seems very high to me. I don't remember deaths being that high when we had 1000 cases back in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

In Longford during the week:

Dozens of people are to be prosecuted under the State's Covid-19 legislation after gardai broke up a house party in Longford town last night where at least 70 revellers were in attendance.

The incident, which occurred at a residence in the Palace Crescent area of Longford, took place at around 9:30pm.

Covid-19 latest: More new cases in Longford as transmission of disease remains extremely high

A garda spokesperson said officers arrived at the property after receiving 'countless' telephone calls from concerned local residents.

Upon arrival, officers found several cars, jeeps and other vehicles parked along the footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Or it seems very high to me. Even if you make excuses that some of the deaths occurred in November, December and January. 41 of those deaths occurred in February. That seems very high to me. I don't remember deaths being that high when we had 1000 cases back in October.

Deaths are a lag from higher cases 3 or more weeks ago. The UK variant does seem to be a more serious virus however. EU need to approve more vaccines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

I doubt many people are envious of people who buy a Ryanair ticket and travel to Tenerife during a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Shocking amount of deaths every day.. case numbers remain stubbornly around 1000 per day...
    A setback today

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

wadacrack wrote: »
    Deaths are a lag from higher cases 3 or more weeks ago. The UK variant does seem to be a more serious virus however. EU need to approve more vaccines
    When vaccine manufacturers get around to applying!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

UK are overtaking us, and have a steeper downward curve. And surge testing

and a faster vaccine rollout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It feels embedded and not knowing the circumstances and settings in real detail adds to the frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭billyhead

and a faster vaccine rollout

You have to always be mindful that the HSE are as useful as a condom in a convent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

billyhead wrote: »
    You have to always be mindful that the HSE are as useful as a condom in a convent.

They literally cannot go any faster. They are vaccinating as many per day as they have doses. Very little is being held back. The delay does not lay the the HSE, despite people expecting the HSE to **** up the rollout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Any change of strategy regarding getting the virus under control-why dont they put extra restrictions in the hot spot areas and less where theres fcuk all happening ,Surely they know which parts of the country are hotspots for it intstead of the whole place being locked down

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭poppers

And yet they have used up more or less all of of the vaccines they received during the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭fits

We are actually one of the fastest in world in terms of rollout. As soon as the vaccines arrive they are in arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The deaths are of people who became sick weeks ago.

1.3m flu jabs done last year doesn't sound that useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Wolf359f wrote: »
    They literally cannot go any faster. They are vaccinating as many per day as they have doses. Very little is being held back. The delay does not lay the the HSE, despite people expecting the HSE to **** up the rollout.

Yeah usually works out well for manager's families.
    • "We ordered a bit too much"
    • "It would have gone off"
    • "now you can understand why I vaccinated my 18 year old son"

Yeah usually works out well for manager's families.
    • "We ordered a bit too much"
    • "It would have gone off"
    • "now you can understand why I vaccinated my 18 year old son"
    That was in hospitals, the HSE are running the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Taking out Dublin the figures are not too bad

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    I respect everything you posted there, I know these people are suffering. But to just dismiss everything mcmamara said is wrong, there are a hell of a lot of people suffering out there not in the health service and they are being completely ignored so calls for nphet to at least discuss it, is a very fair ask would you not agree.

Thanks. For sure everyone is suffering. ?Everyone is suffering in different ways that we can't comprehend. We are all dealing with our own **** that it's hard to have time to empathise with anyone else. I don't know what you or people you know are going through.

Either way it's up to the government to find the best solution for everyone.

I don't think that's happening tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Gael23 wrote: »

? Why don't we remove the worst figures each day and it'll look rosy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If you only count the aran islands we're doing amazingly......

Yeah perhaps we should take out Dublin tax take also. That'll make the regional budgets look lovely.
    Or take out the hospital capacity in Dublin and see how the rest of the country fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

I suppose that, and hospital numbers declining are the important numbers to keep an eye on.
    301 less in hospital than last Saturday.

That's that sorted then.

Lockdown Dublin for 5-months, and open the pubs elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Philip Nolan said the close contacts being tested again would plateau the numbers so this is to be expected. Hopefully they start dropping again next week, if not we’d be in trouble.

Am I the only one starting to not care about the numbers? We’re stuck in level 5 til at least mid April anyway.

Dublin consistently poor too even taking into account the population there. Cork has gone from one of the worst to one of the best in 6 weeks, I’m not surprised, compliance has always seemed high to me down here .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Am I the only one starting to not care about the numbers? We’re stuck in level 5 til at least mid April anyway.

Dublin consistently poor too even taking into account the population there. Cork has gone from one of the worst to one of the best in 6 weeks, I’m not surprised, compliance has always seemed high to me down here .

Google mobility data suggests Cork is nice and compliant, but nowhere near as compliant as Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Google mobility data suggests Cork is nice and compliant, but nowhere near as compliant as Dublin.

Really? What’s going wrong for Dublin so? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Really? What’s going wrong for Dublin so? :)

Population size

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement