Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

They are finding cases of Covid being imported through foods and frozen foods. NZ are now finding cases coming out of nowhere. Completely unexplained cases. Once the virus is in, its going to spread silently.

The likes of NZ are also banking on their population to have a near 100% uptake on vaccines. It's not going to happen.

The polls in NZ are saying 70% are willing to take the vaccine. With 30% left over, that's 1.5m people. A small country.
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/sunday/audio/2018783487/covid-19-nz-females-more-likely-not-to-get-vaccinated

Drinking the Beijing Politburo's Kool-Aid? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Parachutes wrote: »
    I wonder if Victoria will extend lockdown past the initial 5 days? I'd say the likelihood is strong.

My God, do you think they might go to 6 days, 7 even ! :eek: The inhumanity!

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not about to do that numpty Internet thing of demanding an answer but you really don't seem to understand the need to give people a timeline and hope. You may be able to face unending and unpredictable measures into the future but many others cannot. Politically it has been deemed unviable and that will inform what happens.

Exactly, I completely agree. But that is the exact situation we are in here in Ireland. A review in three weeks isn't even close to an endpoint or a solid timeline. We're getting leaks today that no gatherings of over 50 people until at least 7 months away. That is insanity.

Another summer with no people at sporting events, no concerts, no festivals.

Entire industries being put on hold for years in the hope we might get a beer garden by June. If that's the timeline then it is rubbish. That's not giving people hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Exactly, I completely agree. But that is the exact situation we are in here in Ireland. A review in three weeks isn't even close to an endpoint or a solid timeline. We're getting leaks today that no gatherings of over 50 people until at least 7 months away. That is insanity.

Another summer with no people at sporting events, no concerts, no festivals.

Entire industries being put on hold for years in the hope we might get a beer garden by June. If that's the timeline then it is rubbish. That's not giving people hope.
    The difference is the underlying aim is to reopen things as soon as it is seen as feasible not until some undetermined "low level" is achieved. Using Staines as an example that is at least September. There'll be a lot more doing by then, our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

Not about to do that numpty Internet thing of demanding an answer but you really don't seem to understand the need to give people a timeline and hope. You may be able to face unending and unpredictable measures into the future but many others cannot. Politically it has been deemed unviable and that will inform what happens.

And if they get a timeline they don't like, they'll whinge and moan on boards all day an night about it. No winning with some people.

• Advertisement

Gruffalux wrote: »
    My God, do you think they might go to 6 days, 7 even ! :eek: The inhumanity!
    I think the point is they are still at these sudden lockdowns. They could well be at it again when life here is more normal!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

scamalert wrote: »
    Same BS 0 covid doesnt exist, would you preffered to have everything closed as in all the airports fairies etc, for entire year and everyone getting 350e in the mean time, fckn hell some people are brain dead beyond belief at this stage with hysteria.
    There's no need to be so aggressive in your reply. Has Australia and New Zealand shut down for the year? No they haven't, so people won't be out on the PUP. Get a grip with your aggressive reply.

If the pair of you are incapable of being civil then don't bother posting

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So there has been leaks that restrictions on gatherings will be in place until Autumn . Which is then peak season for hospitals being overrun so won't be relaxed then

So we are really looking at late spring start of summer 2022

Yeah seems to tally near enough with this vaccination graph here, it says Ireland will achieve full vaccination in about two and a half years.

543499.jpeg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

And if they get a timeline they don't like, they'll whinge and moan on boards all day an night about it. No winning with some people.
    Our timeline has always been that godforsaken 3-4 weeks, not months on end. I expect a relaxing of restrictions in April but am hopeful we might see some in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah seems to tally near enough with this vaccination graph here, it says Ireland will achieve full vaccination in about two and a half years.

543499.jpeg

People still don't believe these terrible graph projections do they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

543499.jpeg

When was this graph made and does it allow for multiple vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

hynesie08 wrote: »

The likelihood that vaccination continues at this slow rate is highly unlikely. Likely to be much better in a month or two

wadacrack wrote: »
    The likelihood that vaccination continues at this slow rate is highly unlikely. Likely to be much better in a month or two

Unlikely is being very generous, the rate is ramping up by over 60% this week, they're saying a million by the end of March.....

Believing those graphs is like believing it'd take 3 days to fly to New York because the bus to the airport only went 50kph........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Unlikely is being very generous, the rate is ramping up by over 60% this week, they're saying a million by the end of March.....

Believing those graphs is like believing it'd take 3 days to fly to New York because the bus to the airport only went 50kph........
    Whoever is coming up with this sort of stuff is just creating propaganda to get people angry. They know full well that supply would be ramping up in Q2, but they're pushing this bull**** narrative that vaccines will be rolled out extremely slowly.

There's many that wish to promote this rubbish and downplay the vaccines as evidenced on this thread many times.

I think the point is they are still at these sudden lockdowns. They could well be at it again when life here is more normal!

We will judge that if it happens - for now let us look on in horror at their 5 day lockdown!!!

The difference is the underlying aim is to reopen things as soon as it is seen as feasible not until some undetermined "low level" is achieved. Using Staines as an example that is at least September. There'll be a lot more doing by then, our way.

That's some stretch to find a difference. Opening when "feasible" is more vague than when cases are at a "low level". You can define one (10 per 100,000 population 14 day rate, low community transmission), not the other - what does feasible really mean?

If you keep opening when you think it's "feasible" you are in truth just condemning yourself to another lockdown once it is no longer "feasible". You are still arguing that there is some kind of mystical balance that can be struck and maintained. And this is the preferable approach somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

We will judge that if it happens - for now let us look on in horror at their 5 day lockdown!!!

5 days turns into 2 weeks, 2 weeks into 2 months. We all know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Have you a link for the rate ramping up? I'd like to see an updated version of the rollout plan, but all I can find is yon month-old Fine Gael tweet chart which suggests they're starting to vaccinate cohorts 4-12 at the beginning of April.

5 days turns into 2 weeks, 2 weeks into 2 months. We all know how it goes.

So far in New Zealand or Australia this has not been the case. I think you are mixing up our infinite unending lockdowns with what has happened elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

So far in New Zealand or Australia this has not been the case. I think you are mixing up our infinite unending lockdowns with what has happened elsewhere.

Australia had one of the most draconian and tightly restricted lockdowns in the world last year that lasted near on 6 months.

When was this graph made and does it allow for multiple vaccines?

Don't know, I got it from the When will it all end thread yesterday.

Don't know, I got it from the When will it all end thread yesterday.

So you post something you have little to no information about? WHY???

Australia had one of the most draconian and tightly restricted lockdowns in the world last year that lasted near on 6 months.

This Australia lockdown has gone from 3 months to 5 months to 6 months on this thread...

Few of you seemed to notice it was only a lengthy lockdown in one state in Australia, 75% of the country was open most of the time.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Have you a link for the rate ramping up? I'd like to see an updated version of the rollout plan, but all I can find is yon month-old Fine Gael tweet chart which suggests they're starting to vaccinate cohorts 4-12 at the beginning of April.

Not to hand but I'll have a quick dig around. It's gonna be 40,000 pfizer/moderna and then 35000 az.

So you post something you have little to no information about? WHY???

What does it matter, it tallied with what Sweet Science was saying about summer 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

This Australia lockdown has gone from 3 months to 5 months to 6 months on this thread...

Few of you seemed to notice it was only a lengthy lockdown in one state in Australia, 75% of the country was open most of the time.

It wouldn't be hard to have 75% of there country open when no one lives in it.

What does it matter, it tallied with what Sweet Science was saying about summer 2022.

Actually it doesn't tally. What you posted suggests vaccination will only be completed in 2+ years. You can't say when the graph was produced , you can't say did it take into consideration the presence of serval vaccines. I personally believe posting stuff you have no information about is irresponsible.
    What does it matter? Are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ficheall wrote: »

Pfizer should start upping production around now. They announced last week they had cut production time by almost 50% and new facilities are coming online now. They have more production facilities coming onboard in april

Not sure when AZ will organise themselves, they should be able to double production rates in the next few weeks.

Moderna should ramp up next month.

HSE website has the current rollout plan, no predicted numbers as it's all up in the air until the manufacturers commit to secure delivery numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm holding my belief that:

1) Govt. haven't a clue as it's all down to the manufacturers
    2) Manufacturers will get their acts together in the next month or so
    3) Piles of vaccines will become available
    4) Vaccines to everyone that wants one (75-80% of people?) by June/July.
    5) April/May - outdoor dining/drinks
    6) June/July, open the pubs.
    7) August/September, foreign holidays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement