Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

h2005 wrote: »
    What’s the reasoning behind banning vaccinations in churches/local halls?

Who has banned them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

What’s the reasoning behind banning vaccinations in churches/local halls?

I'm not saying I agree with them at all but their reasoning is in the article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Does it indicate that the European Commission's policy on Covid has failed?

If the lockdown in the Republic is still in place when restrictions in the UK are lifted then there may be unrest.

Lol. At this point the government can announce they are shipping us all on spaceships to Venus and there wont be any unrest. We have allowed them to do whatever utterly insane and crazy thing they want to do, take away any and all form of life, with absolutely 0 accountability ans responsibility. We don't deserve anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No point in going up north for the vaccine unless your over 70 or something, I mean the only reason I'll take the vaccine is to go back to normal but that means the majority around me getting it too. If your less than 40 and afraid of getting sick from this virus you need your head tested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I'm not saying I agree with them at all but their reasoning is in the article.

They state various reasons. I only see one in the article and that one is really questionable

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

niallo27 wrote: »
    No point in going up north for the vaccine unless your over 70 or something, I mean the only reason I'll take the vaccine is to go back to normal but that means the majority around me getting it too. If your less than 40 and afraid of getting sick from this virus you need your head tested.

What if you are under 40 with a very poor immune system ? Do you need you head tested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Parachutes wrote: »
    Australia had one of the most draconian and tightly restricted lockdowns in the world last year that lasted near on 6 months.

Melbourne in Victoria was in lockdown for 112 days and got it to zero, the other 75-80% of the population was fairly normal. Really if you closed your entire country for 112 days you make a complete sh!te of your economy.

and Melbourne lockdown aside the curfew wasn’t that much different to Irelands L5, all the same stuff closed and you could still leave the home for essential work, supplies, exercise 5km limit etc.

They state various reasons. I only see one in the article and that one is really questionable

Indemnity, security and storage were all mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    What if you are under 40 with a very poor immune system ? Do you need you head tested ?

Sorry should have said under 40 and in anyway healthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

To me, Paul Reid looks like he has aged about 5 years in the last 11 months. High pressure job and is going to remain so for the next year or so. Even then, there will be a huge backlog of issues to be dealt with. I wouldn't envy him his job even though he is well paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

blackcard wrote: »
    To me, Paul Reid looks like he has aged about 5 years in the last 11 months. High pressure job and is going to remain so for the next year or so. Even then, there will be a huge backlog of issues to be dealt with. I wouldn't envy him his job even though he is well paid for it

350k a year makes it easier

350k a year makes it easier
    I said that I didn't envy him his job even though he is well paid. I wouldn't swap for his job if I paid €1M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

blackcard wrote: »
    I said that I didn't envy him his job even though he is well paid. I wouldn't swap for his job if I paid €1M

Ah you would of course

Ah you would of course

Not a chance. 7 day a week job, having to live with life and death decisions, faced with criticism no matter what you do. I am very happy to live with my few bob for a 40 hour week

Apparently all the COVID in the world will fit inside a can of coke

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210210-why-the-entire-coronavirus-would-fit-in-a-can-of-coca-cola

Did any of our esteemed leaders ever think about gathering it all together in some kind of jar or coke can sized receptacle, and then just blasting it with a shotgun?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210210-why-the-entire-coronavirus-would-fit-in-a-can-of-coca-cola

Did any of our esteemed leaders ever think about gathering it all together in some kind of jar or coke can sized receptacle, and then just blasting it with a shotgun?

They should use a predator missile. Just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

niallo27 wrote: »

Absolutely ridiculous post. You seriously believe that nobody under the age of 40 has died or been seriously ill and/ or hospitalised as a result of catching Covid? Jesus wept.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

If Trump was still in residence in the White House I`m sure he or his band of loons would give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Absolutely ridiculous post. You seriously believe that nobody under the age of 40 has died or been seriously ill and/ or hospitalised as a result of catching Covid? Jesus wept.:rolleyes:

To be fair the poster did clarify that they meant to include don't have an underlying health issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Turtwig wrote: »
    To be fair the poster did clarify that they meant to include don't have an underlying health issue.

It's also fair to say that the vast vast majority of under 40s don't die or even end up in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Percentages isn't it, some people die crossing a road also.....the overwhelming majority don't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭mcburns07

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Percentages isn't it, some people die crossing a road also.....the overwhelming majority don't

Careful now, you're running the risk of being hit with the response "car crashes aren't contagious"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Careful now, you're running the risk of being hit with the response "car crashes aren't contagious"

No but mocking is catching :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

HSE hospital report:
    In Hospital: 928 (+46)
    In ICU: 157 (-10) Unfortunately 4 deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wolf359f wrote: »
    HSE hospital report:
    In Hospital: 928 (+46)
    In ICU: 157 (-10) Unfortunately 4 deaths

After days and days of steady decrese it goes up 46, thats a bit odd is it not? Or is it simply the weekend effect with reduced discharges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

prunudo wrote: »
    After days and days of steady decrese it goes up 46, thats a bit odd is it not? Or is it simply the weekend effect with reduced discharges.

Expect a big drop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Weekend effect, totally within line the past few weeks.
    It;s still making a very steady decline.
    Hospital.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Surely weekend effect,presume there is lower discharges on the weekends. No doubt it will be headline news in the morning on RTE that hospital numbers have increased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Maxface

Think there is gonna be some interesting dilemmas for the government ahead. Just looking at Donegal for example which was a basket case at one point. Cases seem to be well in control now and hospital cases have dramatically improved. I can't remember exact figures but it was around 120 at some point. I think a lot/not most of the cases in hospitals have been outbreaks and with staff now mostly vaccinated and hopefully that reduces spread and a reduction in local transmission then the case for easing of restrictions is gonna be hard to resist.

If Letterkenny hospital continues in the same way it could be down to single figures by the end of the week. If the county continues to show very small amounts of spread then it could be in a situation where for example say 5 or 6 in hospital with a low 7 day average by end of next week. All hypothetical of course. If that is the situation by the 21st of February what happens then? If by the end of the following week there is nobody in hospital and an even lower average then all this talk of level 5 until May is going to be very hard to justify I reckon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement