Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Well maybe you should log off for a while then. Its difficult enough to get through this bloody pandemic without misery-seeking doom merchants looking to nitpick every bit of positive information in a further attempt to wallow in bad news. Some people see to just want to drag everyone down into their own misery.

And some people just want to be really furious. That's the way of the world.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

_116937378_12feb-vaxmap-nc.png

Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Considering there is 300,000 plus British people living in Rep of Ireland, you'd think the UK would at least vaccinate them, that would help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

_116937378_12feb-vaxmap-nc.png

Sad
    Yep, our magic vaccine wand broke down again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭brickster69

Considering there is 300,000 plus British people living in Rep of Ireland, you'd think the UK would at least vaccinate them, that would help us.

How many Irish people are living and currently getting vaccinated in the UK ?

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

OK, it looks like there is a new variant, but only 32 cases of it in the UK. Tweaks to vaccines should cover it anyway.
    The variant, known as B1525, is the subject of a report by researchers at the University of Edinburgh, who say it has been detected through genome sequencing in 10 countries including Denmark, the US and Australia, with 32 cases found in the UK so far. The earliest sequences were dated to December and cropped up in the UK and Nigeria.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/15/32-cases-of-latest-covid-variant-of-concern-found-in-uk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

821 cases no deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

paulie21 wrote: »
    821 cases no deaths

THE VACCINES WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I know Monday deaths are usually low but still great to see 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

7 day average in cases the last 5 Mondays

15/2 - 862
    8/2 - 991
    1/2 - 1244
    25/1 - 2018
    18/1 - 3201

Good to see the continued progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Great to see no deaths again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Did I hear the reporter just say go on when Ronan Glynn said he would not make a statement that would get in the middle of the negotiations with the schools

If I did thats disgraceful

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Why are they still holding these press conferences so late in the evening and at a time when it clashes with 6.1.

A bit of a joke.

paulie21 wrote: »
    821 cases no deaths

Thoughts and prayers with Tony Maloney and the gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Why are they still holding these press conferences so late in the evening and at a time when it clashes with 6.1.

A bit of a joke.

You can watch the press conference then playback the news

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

A bit of a joke.

Why not.

Clashing with 6.1 isn't important to me.

All the NPHET work. They have meetings and other stuff to do. The time suits. There's no need to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

The 7-day moving average has almost halved in the past month from a peak near 750k to ~385k

543760.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Well maybe you should log off for a while then. Its difficult enough to get through this bloody pandemic without misery-seeking doom merchants looking to nitpick every bit of positive information in a further attempt to wallow in bad news. Some people see to just want to drag everyone down into their own misery.

Well aren't you charming

ShyMets wrote: »
    You can watch the press conference then playback the news

Or they could just hold the press conference earlier so we can watch it and evening bulletins can feature important lines from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

When was the last time 0 deaths were reported?

• Advertisement

E mac wrote: »

21 December.

Pressure will mount for the schools to reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

E mac wrote: »

December 21st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

21 December.

No on the basis of one day without deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

21 December.

Decision making can not be done on deaths reported on a given day.

We all know why.

I would imagine that a good few of those who have maintained ties (being registered with a GP, even if it’s historic) will be going back to get one. I still am registered with a GP in London so I for sure will be going back when it’s my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I would imagine that a good few of those who have maintained ties (being registered with a GP, even if it’s historic) will be going back to get one. I still am registered with a GP in London so I for sure will be going back when it’s my time.

Would you not have to prove residency ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

A bit of a joke.

Considering all the criticism of RTE's coverage of the pandemic, I'm surprised anybody would be concerned about that particular clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Can't blame you, will be bloody ages before getting it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Where did this come from? I'm from the UK and I'd hope that I am in line for the vaccine just like everyone else. I don't think it would make sense to leave people out as such a high ceiling is required to reach herd immunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Random and unrelated really,but....I’d love to tickle Prof Nolan....just to see how he’d react

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement