Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Basketball fans in america are allowed back in arenas now .

Fauci saying they've turned the corner

It will be over in UK and USA by summer

Doubt it will be Over by summer? in UK and States

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Igotadose wrote: »
    Wow. We haven't used up half of the AZ vaccine received on Saturday Feb 6. What a laughably slow rollout. 9 days around 1k per day.

And the vaccine centers are lagging, will be 'ready as needed' per the Minister.

Imagine if 500,000 vaccines showed up on Friday. We'd end up flushing the majority of them down the loo.

Why aren't the centers ready *today*. What is delaying getting the AZ vaccines used?

The sooner we're vaccinated, the sooner we can open up with some confidence it won't be a total disaster.
    But 500,000 vaccines won't be showing up on Friday so its completely irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Amanda Holden was reported to the police because she drove to Cornwall after receiving a distressing call from her elderly father . Seriousely why do people not understand that we are still human beings . She drove to her elderly dad to comfort him and suddenly people point the finger and she had to justify that. This inhumane judging of others is appalling in my opinion .

By that logic i should have gotten a free pass to fly to the uk on xmas day to be at my dads beside when he died from covid. Not seen him in person since my wedding in nov 2019.

"Inhumane judging of others" ? How about Holden's inhumane disregard for why everyone is in lock down to stop the spread of covid. She is no more special or entitled as anyone else and should have sucked it up like the rest of us have had to. Hope she gets a massive fine or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Igotadose wrote: »
    Wow. We haven't used up half of the AZ vaccine received on Saturday Feb 6. What a laughably slow rollout. 9 days around 1k per day.

And the vaccine centers are lagging, will be 'ready as needed' per the Minister.

Imagine if 500,000 vaccines showed up on Friday. We'd end up flushing the majority of them down the loo.

Why aren't the centers ready *today*. What is delaying getting the AZ vaccines used?

The sooner we're vaccinated, the sooner we can open up with some confidence it won't be a total disaster.

How do you know we havnt used them? The stats are only up to last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

AdamD wrote: »
    But 500,000 vaccines won't be showing up on Friday so its completely irrelevant

There are approximately 3500 practicing gp s in Ireland, I am sure they would give 140 jabs on average for a week no problem if the criteria were relaxed to ensure plenty of volunteers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭rooney30

Can some one please explain to me, why when the likes of Staines , Ryan and other zero covid zealots speak , that they make almost no reference to the fact that 3 very effective vaccines exist and soon to be 4 or 5 .
    It’s almost as if vaccination is as effective as taking vitamin d in preventing covid !!’

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

rooney30 wrote: »
    Can some one please explain to me, why when the likes of Staines , Ryan and other zero covid zealots speak , that they make almost no reference to the fact that 3 very effective vaccines exist and soon to be 4 or 5 .
    It’s almost as if vaccination is as effective as taking vitamin d in preventing covid !!’

Because vaccines are in the real world.

People talking about zero covid are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

You have added two and two and gotten five. Seamus was comparing scale, you have leaped to 'we don't have enough vaccinators'. We have been preparing to roll out 250k vaccines a week, i we need more vaccinators I am sure we will train people up.

Brilliant! And here was me all worried....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

"Inhumane judging of others" ? How about Holden's inhumane disregard for why everyone is in lock down to stop the spread of covid. She is no more special or entitled as anyone else and should have sucked it up like the rest of us have had to. Hope she gets a massive fine or worse.

Jesus. I can’t believe this is what humanity has come to. The vaccines are one cure but a cure for the rot that has effected our ability to be compassionate and show empathy is another thing. This virus has destroyed some people in more ways than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Exactly

There's managing expectations and giving people no hope

My friend hasn't seen his partner since 20th of December

No way are they waiting until intercounty travel comes back to see each other again as that could be 5-6 months the way Leo & Co are spinning

Do the government actually think it's reasonable to ask couples like that to keep apart for that length of time?

There might not be anything open but people won't blindly accept ongoing restrictions either

I’ll be going to see my parents after March 5th. I’ll take my chances with the fine for leaving the county if it’s still in effect.

• Advertisement

By that logic i should have gotten a free pass to fly to the uk on xmas day to be at my dads beside when he died from covid. Not seen him in person since my wedding in nov 2019.

i dont anyone,would begrudge yous going to see a dying parent tbh

Im sorry to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

There is a vaccine thread here for a reason. Bring the chat there please. Don't drag this one into a continuous discussion on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Edit wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

rooney30 wrote: »

Don’t forget Gabriel Scally. Heard him on Claire Byrne this morning trying to reference a study from the U.K. where he stated 1 in 8 young children get ‘long Covid’.
    According to a NPHET press conference last week, guess what the symptoms reported are of long Covid in the majority...anxiety and depression.
    And guess what causes that? Covid hysteria and lockdowns. You couldn’t make this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

h2005 wrote: »
    I’ll be going to see my parents after March 5th. I’ll take my chances with the fine for leaving the county if it’s still in effect.

Yeah I think there will be a lot more in the same boat too

March the 5th is three months of level 5+

People getting sick of not seeing friends, family, partners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Did Glynn really say another 6 months of level 5 restrictions ?

It's doing the rounds on twitter

I haven’t heard that, be shocked if even Ronan Glum came out with that

What time do the new hospital figures come out at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

False widow spider bites? You're going to have to spell it out for me, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

No he didn't.

Nolan said we're now at October levels and they took 6 weeks to get down to 200 cases a day.

Glynn said he sees some level of restrictions for the next 6 months, also said he didn't see the wearing of masks ending in that period.

I stress the "some level of restrictions" piece, its not as if it all goes away overnight and we lift every restriction in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Best of luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I liked the English Patient!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Glynn said 6 months of restrictions.

Which is correct. There won't be a full 3Arena or unconstrained flights to holiday destinations in the next 6 months.

However, we can be optimistic that it won't be a criminal offence to go more than 5.1km from your home.

No he didn't.

Nolan said we're now at October levels and they took 6 weeks to get down to 200 cases a day.

Glynn said he sees some level of restrictions for the next 6 months, also said he didn't see the wearing of masks ending in that period.

I stress the "some level of restrictions" piece, its not as if it all goes away overnight and we lift every restriction in one go

I think that’s actually very ambitious. I don’t see pub free for alls, nor Coppers open, in 6 months tbh. I think some degree of restrictions, especially on closely packed crowds, will last longer than that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I think that’s actually very ambitious. I don’t see pub free for alls, nor Coppers open, in 6 months tbh. I think some degree of restrictions, especially on closely packed crowds, will last longer than that

Hes not saying they end in 6 months.

At the end of the day we've no idea what things will look like in 2 months never mind anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

The next two weeks jokes got stale a long time ago & I can guarantee they won't be funny either now, or in two weeks time.

Can we shove them into the archives & drop it.

Posts deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,827 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

TheDoctor wrote: »
    I haven’t heard that, be shocked if even Ronan Glum came out with that

No . He didn't .

Goldengirl wrote: »
    No . He didn't .

Hence the word...... shocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Purple monkey dishwasher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement