Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

Hold on a sec. I didnt mean from/with in a covid-denier kind of way.

I do understand with covid. When you have someone very old and/or with co-morbidities there probably is no clear cut death cause. So they decided to overreport rather than underreport. No issue with that.

But within all that how do you keep it all apart and make any kind of interpolations from the death numbers? I know mentioning from/with is frowned upon but it is a very real thing all the same and it has an influence on your numbers and statistics. Again then there is the disappearance of the flu.

So many factors at play...

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick.

We must be thankful that the Covid measures had such an impact on flu. Imagine a normal winter flu season with the levels of hospitalisations on top of what we already have, along with people catching flu after Covid and Covid after flu or even both simultaneously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Wolf359f wrote: »

Thanks for this Wolf.

So the just of it is they compared close contacts of VOC202012/01 (British Variant) with close contacts of everything else. And they found that close contacts of VOC became positives at a rate of 15% vs 11% with the others. Do I have that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You shouldn’t even have to defend yourself sweetmaggie. It’s actually shocking that you feel you have to and I think most reasonable people will agree. I actually feel like screenshotting your post just to show people in a few years time the lengths people had to go to in order to defend such natural behaviours. The post your quoting and the lengths you’ve gone to defend yourself will serve as evidence of how people completely lost their minds when it came to this.
    I'd agree the accusation was unreasonable, but I don't see why you're trying to blame covid for it - posters have been unreasonable long before it was around.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Does this person ever stop with with the hospital acquired numbers? It's the same answers over and over and the same question over and over. Surely the time could be spent on much better questions. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Turtwig wrote: »
    Does this person ever stop with with the hospital acquired numbers? It's the same answers over and over and the same question over and over. Surely the time could be spent on much better questions. :confused:

Same questions each time.

Ronan Glynn doing his best here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,752 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How are they not barred from entry for time wasting?

Give me a break lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Arghus wrote: »
    Same questions each time.

Ronan Glynn doing his best here.

He is so much better than Tony at handling this sort of this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭alentejo

Level 5 till September at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

So again no covid checkpoints today. Not even a squad car in sight in Cork. I guess it's level 3 now.

Nice to be able to travel without being harassed.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

alentejo wrote: »
    Level 5 till September at this rate.

it's currently level 3, you are allowed to travel anywhere, and visit anyone. No questions asked on the way.

He is so much better than Tony at handling this sort of this thing.

I would agree that Ronan is better in situations like this.

He's very close to losing his patience here - she's butting in trying to get his temper up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Thanks for this Wolf.

So the just of it is they compared close contacts of VOC202012/01 (British Variant) with close contacts of everything else. And they found that close contacts of VOC became positives at a rate of 15% vs 11% with the others. Do I have that right?

Someone else did post it weeks ago here and that was the jist of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

peasant wrote: »
    last week: British variant B.1.1.7 at 70% of cases
    this week: B.1.1.7at 90%

Variant B.1.1.7 potentially 56% more infective and 65% more deadly than the the initial form of the virus.

Make another mistake of opening too much / too soon like at Christmas (where B.1.1.7. was estimated to be at < 20%) and we could be in big trouble.

Loads of mixing and people letting their guards down over the Christmas and New year period was the main reason for the 3rd wave surge. What happened then will have decision makers more cautious than ever. It will be a phase reopening now compared to December. March was probably earmarked for that but I think it will be April before that happens now especially as they will want as many of vulnerable people as possible vaccinated by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

GP data from 9 Feb-17 does appear quite flat .

https://twitter.com/gpbuddy/status/1362506481464193028

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Diabhalta wrote: »
    So again no covid checkpoints today. Not even a squad car in sight in Cork. I guess it's level 3 now.

giphy.gif
    it's currently level 3, you are allowed to travel anywhere, and visit anyone. No questions asked on the way.

It might be in your alternative dimension of reality but in the one that most of us live in it`s Level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Russman

Arghus wrote: »
    I would agree that Ronan is better in situations like this.

He's very close to losing his patience here - she's butting in trying to get his temper up.

I thought he handled her as well as could be done. To me, he seemed to cover a lot of the questions/rumours/ideas that crop up here and in other places regularly, esp re antigen, Vit D etc etc.
    That’s said, I’m sure she’ll be back next week with more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭gw80

giphy.gif

One on the bandon road roundabout and another just as yo come out of cork on the n25 every day.

gw80 wrote: »
    One on the bandon road roundabout and another just as yo come out of cork on the n25 every day.

every day? There was absolutely none for good few days in a row during that stormy weather last week. And with more storms coming there will be none again for a good few days.

It might be in your alternative dimension of reality but in the one that most of us live in it`s Level 5.

You live in a level they want you to live. I don't live in any of their levels. To me all I see is closed shops, other than that not much changed in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

every day? There was absolutely none for good few days in a row during that stormy weather last week. And with more storms coming there will be none again for a good few days.

You live in a level they want you to live. I don't live in any of their levels. To me all I see is closed shops, other than that not much changed in my life.

Enjoy your stormy little drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭gw80

Their not there every hour of the day but drive out the bandon road at about 4 and I guarantee you will meet them, I have met them there at that time every day this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

There's another at the end of the N40 in Ovens everyday too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

You live in a level they want you to live. I don't live in any of their levels.

giphy.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭feelings

"cause for concern" jaysus... say it again lads, haven't heard it enough already.

Their not there every hour of the day but drive out the bandon road at about 4 and I guarantee you will meet them, I have met them there at that time every day this week.

well they are definitely not there at 2am. Or in the middle of a storm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Level 5 til early May it seems.

Shocking and depressing for so many people.

How much more of this can people take?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

They are loosing the people now . I see it all around me , people wont comply until May . They just have had enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Level 5 til early May it seems.

Shocking and depressing for so many people.

How much more of this can people take?

If May then why not June. Still no plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Stheno wrote: »

While other sources tell other journalists no dates were mentioned.

This is the issue with leaks, its like Chinese whispers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement