Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I would give my eye teeth to walk on an empty beach instead of packed parks
    The parks here are so full in good weather that we wear a mask now going for a walk

Would be near enough to walk by the sea so sympathise .
    I have given up on the Parks as too packed .
    Would you be nearer to the countryside or mountains?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    At least you've got three parks. In many rural areas it's a matter of walking 5km down a road with cars, lorries etc, with no footpaths, turn and walk back.

This is what my sister has to endure when she wants to bring the kids for a walk. They’re like ducks in a row walking down rural roads that were never built for pedestrians. Tractors coming and going all day and cars coming around bends. She was saying it’s amazing nobody has been seriously injured yet or killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

Rip to Tony Holohans wife.

Awful news. May she rest in peace.

Do you know there are other medical conditions or are you just making that up?

Did you read his post ?
    Give it a rest will you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

quartz1 wrote: »
    They blew it at Christmas and are unable to recover the situation now. The new Government never took control of the Virus. Tourists were arriving here and driving rental cars through Kildare which was in lockdown at the time . Courted Lobby groups right through the second part of 2020 and a meaningful Christmas gave us 1000 dead. ..this is where 9 euro pizzas and parties in hotel rooms took us

Exactly, I know one 'journo' who was front and center of the cheerleading to reopen, and hes still has the nerve to pontificate on the issue in his columns and on twitter, when he has blood on his hands and absolutely no credibility on the matter. I hope that fg advisor job softens the blow when it arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Did you read his post ?
    Give it a rest will you :(

Why do I need to give it a rest?

I want to find out more about this particular case, it’s the youngest death I have head of in some time and I’m interested to know if there were complications or not in the case.

What’s wrong with that?

Is there something insensitive about finding out about what people died from or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    Slide3.jpg
    Slide4.jpg
    Slide5.jpg
    Slide6.jpg
    Slide7.jpg
    Slide8.jpg
    Slide9.jpg
    Slide10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Very sad news. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

wadacrack wrote: »
    GP data is not great sadly.

The referral data is fine. There are fewer GPs filling in the survey these days so it's bouncing around more from day to day.

The average numbers of referrals is at similar levels as at the end of November (when we had 300 cases per day) so I don't see a reason to be concerned.

Why do I need to give it a rest?

I want to find out more about this particular case, it’s the youngest death I have head of in some time and I’m interested to know if there were complications or not in the case.

What’s wrong with that?

Is there something insensitive about finding out about what people died from or something?

I don't think I need to answer that question. Self explanatory really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Do you know there are other medical conditions or are you just making that up?

Maybe i should correct myself and say I don't know for sure but based on what we have learned of the disease i would say it would be extremely likely that they had some other medical condition. Thankfully it is not killing healthy young people.

I don't think I need to answer that question. Self explanatory really

Maybe you have an issue with getting more information about something but I don’t. If you don’t want to read about it then feel free to ignore it, this is a thread about COVID.

I’m not looking for someone’s name or any personal details, just want to know about other factors that have or have not had a bearing on this death, because it’s pretty relevant to me if a 32 has passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,477 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Awful news. May she rest in peace.

Rip condolences to Dr Tony and family

Think Glynn should take the reigns full time now. Been there before and it's so hard to do a job at 100% when a close family member passes away

Akabusi wrote: »
    Maybe i should correct myself and say I don't know for sure but based on what we have learned of the disease i would say it would be extremely likely that they had some other medical condition. Thankfully it is not killing healthy young people.

I’m presuming there are additional factors as well, that has been the case in the past for many deaths of that age, but I’m interested to find out what if any they are.

Really is terrible that you were made to feel that you needed to justify your previous, totally appropriate response .
    It is the inappropriateness of the person quizzing the conditions of a young persons death on an internet forum that I find utterly distasteful .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

PTH2009 wrote: »

Think Glynn should take the reigns full time now. Been there before and it's so hard to do a job at 100% when a close family member passes away

It is. He has given a lot of time over the past year and will probably concentrate on his kids now.

Really is terrible that you were made to feel that you needed to justify your previous, totally appropriate response .
    It is the inappropriateness of the person quizzing the conditions of a young persons death on an internet forum that I find utterly distasteful .

I’m quizzing the conditions of a COVID victim on a COVID thread.

Feel free to ignore it if you find it distasteful.

Feel free to report it if you fell it shouldn’t be here.

Personally I think you should find something else to get offended about because this isn’t distasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Akabusi

No problem, I was caught in a bad moment and should have been clearer in my response. The news hasn't been great the last few days but it is Friday evening so I'm going to put on a Movie and have a few beers to forget about it for a while.

PTH2009 wrote: »

I think Glynn proved himself incapable of the making hard calls the last time he was in charge and his inaction forced Tony back to work to insist on the second (I think) lockdown.

Maybe I’m wrong but I felt Glynn was completely out of his depth the last time and let the government decide to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,756 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

paulie21 wrote: »
    763 cases 28 deaths

RIP those 28 and Tony's wife

• Advertisement

Feel free to ignore it if you find it distasteful.

Feel free to report it if you fell it shouldn’t be here.

Personally I think you should find something else to get offended about because this isn’t distasteful.

Taste and distaste are subjective , I agree , and fully dependant on the empathy and emotional and intellectual maturity of the persons involved .
    So that I am offended by your continued questions where there are no answers , in this situation, illustrates more about you than me .

Don't worry , I have "felt free" to do all above without your permission .
    Some of us have a bit more cop on than to use an internet forum to strive to learn every detail about a sensitive issue with no concern for the family involved .

Who is able to answer your questions on here , that just keep coming regardless ?
    How would anybody except family or the medical team know the answers?
    If you really are so much in dire need of this information , maybe you should try to track down the family and question them ?

I am sure the information will be forthcoming in time , when it is more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,531 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Our government and nphet should be thanking us all for our continued efforts to get the numbers down. Giving people a bit of credit helps the mood of those struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

So very sad, thoughts with him and his loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

RIP Dr. Emer Feely.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think Glynn proved himself incapable of the making hard calls the last time he was in charge and his inaction forced Tony back to work to insist on the second (I think) lockdown.

Maybe I’m wrong but I felt Glynn was completely out of his depth the last time and let the government decide to much.

On the flip side of that, Glynn was the only person back in July saying that this exact scenario would happen if the virus was let loose. He got a lot of flak when he was the only one talking any sense.

I don’t think he was afraid to make the hard calls at all. The only reason he didn’t call for Level 5 that time was because it was announced that week that Tony was coming back.

RIP Dr Emer Feely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    At least you've got three parks. In many rural areas it's a matter of walking 5km down a road with cars, lorries etc, with no footpaths, turn and walk back.

You’ve described where I live, except I can’t even go 5km due to narrow bends that would be suicidal to walk. I’ve been ignoring the rule all along for that reason. I’m not risking my life to pretend to be keeping anyone ‘safe’.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

If a 32 year old did die, then there will have been other medical conditions.
    You cannot assume that at all. No ones death can be explained away if they had some othe condition just because they were young.
    Yes it is insensitive. You dont have the right to any patients information just because it's the youngest person you've heard of and it interests you. Their medical history is none of your business.
    This person was not even the youngest death this month.
    Age ranges for deaths notified in February so far are
    Feb 19th 32-97
    Feb 18th 51-99
    Feb 17th 53-99
    Feb 16th 42-105
    Feb 15th no deaths reported
    Feb 14th 50-92
    Feb 13th 39-98
    Feb 12th 57-95
    Feb 11th 55-96
    Feb 10th 48-104
    Feb 9th 43-96
    Feb 8th 75-95
    Feb 7th 60-90
    Feb 6th 49-100
    Feb 5th 63-96
    Feb 4th 34-100
    Feb 3rd 36-100
    Feb 2nd 19-103
    Feb 1st 45-101
    Maybe i should correct myself and say I don't know for sure but based on what we have learned of the disease i would say it would be extremely likely that they had some other medical condition. Thankfully it is not killing healthy young people .
    Your comment is either naive or completely ignorant.

Anyone of any age with no condition can contract and die from Covid.

It is distasteful.

Taste and distaste are subjective , I agree , and fully dependant on the empathy and emotional and intellectual maturity of the persons involved .
    So that I am offended by your continued questions where there are no answers , in this situation, illustrates more about you than me .

Don't worry , I have "felt free" to do all above without your permission .
    Some of us have a bit more cop on than to use an internet forum to strive to learn every detail about a sensitive issue with no concern for the family involved .

Who is able to answer your questions on here , that just keep coming regardless ?
    How would anybody except family or the medical team know the answers?
    If you really are so much in dire need of this information , maybe you should try to track down the family and question them ?

I am sure the information will be forthcoming in time , when it is more appropriate.

There are answers. It’s happened plenty of times on here that people are able to give, without divulging personal details, factors which have or have not contributed to a case.

I’m not looking for every detail, just relevant medical ones.

Tracking down the family and asking them would actually be insensitive.

You may feel time makes this query appropriate, that’s your opinion and your fully entitled to it.

My opinion is that your either looking for things to cause you offence or have somehow set yourself up as the morality police so it’s the last interaction you will have from me.

You cannot assume that at all. No ones death can be explained away if they had some othe condition just because they were young.

Yes it is insensitive. You dont have the right to any patients information just because it's the youngest person you've heard of and it interests you. Their medical history is none of your business.
    This person was not even the youngest death this month.
    Age ranges for deaths notified in February so far are
    Feb 19th 32-97
    Feb 18th 51-99
    Feb 17th 53-99
    Feb 16th 42-105
    Feb 15th no deaths reported
    Feb 14th 50-92
    Feb 13th 39-98
    Feb 12th 57-95
    Feb 11th 55-96
    Feb 10th 48-104
    Feb 9th 43-96
    Feb 8th 75-95
    Feb 7th 60-90
    Feb 6th 49-100
    Feb 5th 63-96
    Feb 4th 34-100
    Feb 3rd 36-100
    Feb 2nd 19-103
    Feb 1st 45-101

Your comment is either naive or completely ignorant.

Anyone of any age with no condition can contract and die from Covid.

It is distasteful.

I’m well aware I don’t have a right to it.

I’m also aware that very often famalies have spoken about or allowed be published the story behind a persons death, and it may or may not be the case in this situation.

There is no crime in asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

People always seem very keen to come up with reasons to write off deaths. They're old, they actually died last week, they had underlying conditions...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement