Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

saabsaab wrote: »
    I hope you're wrong but you may not be. We're too slow, the vaccine to work needs to be rolled far faster. A race between new variants and the vaccines.

I hope so too, but I've been right so far, and I never wanted to be.
    This time last year, myself and a sibling purchased a load of PP3 masks, and were laughed at by the shop assistant. We were stared out of it wearing our masks too.
    We knew this was coming, others thought we were nuts. I've always thought that this would go crazy again during flu season (Oct to April) yet last year when I said that in the summer there were people on here telling me I was nuts.
    I dunno, this whole covid thing just doesn't auger well at all, and the shambles that is the "response" from Ireland and the EU leaves me cold.
    I'm utterly depressed with it at this stage, and I'd consider myself resilient and upbeat generally, but I don't know how much longer i can take the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Is there a Cork variant?

6 wrote: »
    Write off 2021? Maybe for you. Not for the vast majority of people.

Negativity is an awful thing. Stay positive.

Screamer is far too negative.

What he suggests will not come to pass. The virus is on its way out - slowly yes, but also surely.

The vaccines - plus any modified, future vaccine will be the fatal blow to this nefarious organism.

What he does have a right to be critical about, though, is the Irish Government - who are doing everything possible to assume that this infection is somehow the modern-day equivalent of the Black Death.

It isn't though, the Irish Government is wrong - but we should nonetheless remain hopeful that the last chapter of this awful saga has only just begun to be written.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

So your taking issue with me seeking facts, but your happy to make a joke out of someone’s death.

That’s mature.

I wasn't making a joke of his death. I was hoping you'd google trench foot

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Diabhalta wrote: »
    that's today, around hundred people in a mosque. Cops called 12 times, nothing happened. What a sh1tshow.

https://www.facebook.com/linda.depaor/posts/3678293562292377
    nothing will be done, gardai too afraid of being accused of racism. Sickening when you think churches are closed epecially for christmas and now easter, the 2 biggest events in the catholic calendar. I'd be raging if i couldn't attend a loved ones funeral ora wedding and I see this crap.
    BTW the 32 year old has the right to privacy as the other 27 who died today have along with their families. Have a bit of cop on and don't be asking if he/she had an underlying to prove a point ffs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The Brits get an awful lot of praise for rushing through vaccine approvals and buying more than their fair share.

They've been a complete shambles all year. They've cultivated their own variant ffs. And passed it on to us.

I've enormous sympathy for the British people. They've had a **** time and I'm glad things are looking up for them, but let's not forget so quickly that the liars they elected are hapless clowns.

I'm at a loss of how to account for the people of the UK for voting in these clowns, and even less so for their support in the polls.

Still, let's not blame anyone for the inevitable variants of the virus that arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Diabhalta wrote: »
    that's today, around hundred people in a mosque. Cops called 12 times, nothing happened. What a sh1tshow.

https://www.facebook.com/linda.depaor/posts/3678293562292377

Crap like that is why people are sick of it. Certain groups like above getting off with things others wouldn't cos they're a minority so the gardai are afraid of the sh1tstorm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I'm at a loss of how to account for the people of the UK for voting in these clowns, and even less so for their support in the polls.

Still, let's not blame anyone for the inevitable variants of the virus that arise.

I'm not blaming the British people. I don't blame the Brazilian people.
    I blame their governments.

How about we call them the tory strain and the bolsonarflu respectively?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Is there a Cork variant?

No thank God. Under control down to approx 20 cases per day.

How about we call them the tory strain and the bolsonarflu respectively?

That would be as ridiculous as Trump and the China Flu or the Kung Flu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

GreatReset wrote: »
    You people were TOLD 10 years ago by me
    On this very funking website about demographic replacement and the new world order
    Don't cry now that your under lock down

You voted for these traitorous scum

Take your punishment

Look at all the government paid shills on these threads sneering at you . The lefties

You made your bed. Lie in it

I trust your stay on boards will be a long and uneventful one.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brookers

screamer wrote: »
    I hope so too, but I've been right so far, and I never wanted to be.
    This time last year, myself and a sibling purchased a load of PP3 masks, and were laughed at by the shop assistant. We were stared out of it wearing our masks too.
    We knew this was coming, others thought we were nuts. I've always thought that this would go crazy again during flu season (Oct to April) yet last year when I said that in the summer there were people on here telling me I was nuts.
    I dunno, this whole covid thing just doesn't auger well at all, and the shambles that is the "response" from Ireland and the EU leaves me cold.
    I'm utterly depressed with it at this stage, and I'd consider myself resilient and upbeat generally, but I don't know how much longer i can take the restrictions.

My local Tesco had to put a security guard on the entrance because people were ignoring the automated stop/go, nobody hand sanitises now either I notice, a lot of shops are allowing a far greater amount of people in. I would imagine that outbreaks will now start happening in the supermarkets. There is a general air of apathy setting in and I just can't see the schools staying open for long. I know this sounds very depressing and I can totally understand how a person's mental health will be impacted but I think there is some merit in having a far stricter lockdown for two weeks to kill transmission and hopefully make the schools far safer. The way things are at the moment it will just drag on and actually make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

You people were TOLD 10 years ago by me
    On this very funking website about demographic replacement and the new world order
    Don't cry now that your under lock down

You voted for these traitorous scum

Take your punishment

Look at all the government paid shills on these threads sneering at you . The lefties

You made your bed. Lie in it

So your using your first post to tell us about your other post from ten years ago?

Call me a quack but I’m sceptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

That would be as ridiculous as Trump and the China Flu or the Kung Flu.

You'd swear from some of the nonsense being spouted here that the virus has only mutated a few times when in truth it has mutated many thousands of times.

brookers wrote: »
    My local Tesco had to put a security guard on the entrance because people were ignoring the automated stop/go, nobody hand sanitises now either I notice, a lot of shops are allowing a far greater amount of people in. I would imagine that outbreaks will now start happening in the supermarkets. There is a general air of apathy setting in and I just can't see the schools staying open for long. I know this sounds very depressing and I can totally understand how a person's mental health will be impacted but I think there is some merit in having a far stricter lockdown for two weeks to kill transmission and hopefully make the schools far safer. The way things are at the moment it will just drag on and actually make things worse.

Two weeks wouldn't be long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

20 cents deposited to your shill account

Excuse me. If I was getting paid to post on here I'd at least make sure it was a worthwhile amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

titan18 wrote: »
    Crap like that is why people are sick of it. Certain groups like above getting off with things others wouldn't cos they're a minority so the gardai are afraid of the sh1tstorm
    Wasn't the whole country shut down during Eid, and then completely opened up when we were in a worse state because people needed their meaningful Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

You'd swear from some of the nonsense being spouted here that the virus has only mutated a few times when in truth it has mutated many thousands of times.

Hence the terminology variant of concern.

The larger the reservoir of infection the more likely a variant will emerge. Every so often one of those will have to monitored carefully.

Excuse me. If I was getting paid to post on here I'd at least make sure it was a worthwhile amount.

We reached peak gibberish when it was suggested Covid and Ebola might join and form a Super Duper virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I think we should keep it. Might unite the forum a bit if everyone's just taking the piss out of their gibberish.

I agree it's kind of cute, it could be the thread mascot. We'd have to agree to feed it and train it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Turtwig wrote: »
    I agree it's kind of cute, it could be the thread mascot. We'd have to agree to feed it and train it.

Ah no. If we train it, it might lose its unique quirks

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

RIP Emer Holohan.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brookers

Two weeks wouldn't be long enough.

Probably wouldn't be enough alright......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,739 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And take it for walks.

It would be a mod in no time at all.

I think we should keep it. Might unite the forum a bit if everyone's just taking the piss out of their gibberish.

Nothing like a common advisory. I sense a boards plot to bring harmony to the forum. Hang on while I get my tin foil

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

So your taking issue with me seeking facts, but your happy to make a joke out of someone’s death.

That’s mature.

Would you let the matter go? The joke was at you looking for a reason for a death. Have some respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ficheall wrote: »
    Wasn't the whole country shut down during Eid, and then completely opened up when we were in a worse state because people needed their meaningful Christmas?

I remember them celebrating that in Croke Park.

And even if so, still wouldn't be acceptable for the gardai to ignore that today. Fine them all the 100 and 500 for the organiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,739 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It would be a mod in no time at all.

Joss Whedon subforum be perfect. Not too active for it.

• Advertisement

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Would you let the matter go? The joke was at you looking for a reason for a death. Have some respect.

I don’t see someone’s death as a reason to joke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement