Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That's what I'm gonna be like in 10 years time

YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO ME ABOUT THE MOBILITY DATA BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Not to be that guy but. . .

You could only have made the observation about the mobility data after the mobility occurred and thus the spread had actually occurred. You needed to be more like a precog and make the prediction ahead of the increased movement and mingling occurring. :p

Listening to you would have accomplished little. :P
    (Apart from knocking several weeks off the current extreme lockdown duration)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

I don’t see someone’s death as a reason to joke.

But you also have no problem prying into something extremely private that is none of your business whatsoever, so perhaps your judgement is a little off today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Whooooosh.

The death wasn't the butt of the joke.

!#Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

HeyV wrote: »
    RIP Emer Holohan.

Am I missing something here? Tony Holohan has been probably the most mentioned person throughout the whole Covid thing in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The point -> .

(massive gap snipped>

<You are here>

• Advertisement

Turtwig wrote: »

You could only have made the observation about the mobility data after the mobility occurred and thus the spread had actually occurred. You needed to be more like a precog and make the prediction ahead of the increased movement and mingling occurring. :p

You don't know the half of it.

I was loading my jacket up with like 20 Android phones, and visiting rake loads of pubs and restaurants, just to get the mobility numbers up to present here 5 days later.

You can tell me I failed, but don't tell me I didn't try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭gw80

With restrictions still in place for April, I wonder will we see a repeat of the whole strawberry pickers debacle,
    Will keelings be paying for their 2 week stay in a hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,570 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I trust your stay on boards will be a long and uneventful one.

Looks like he's already been 'reset'...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

HeyV wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? Tony Holohan has been probably the most mentioned person throughout the whole Covid thing in Ireland...
    What are you looking for?
    It was mentioned earlier this evening, and also even earlier today, when a load of posts - including some very nasty ones - were deleted because it was unconfirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Is there a Cork variant?
    Yes, and Who just classified it as Covid Boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ironhead93

7 day average on cases 821 (it was 861 last Friday

7 day average on reported deaths 35 ( it was 39 last Friday)

Extremely slow progress given the level of restrictions, after the last lockdown we capped out at 300-400 i wonder with the variant is this as good as we'll get?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The point -> .

<gap snipped>

<You are here>

People have been giving background on Covid victims since it first started.

This isn’t a new concept.

Again there is no crime in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Diabhalta wrote: »
    that's today, around hundred people in a mosque. Cops called 12 times, nothing happened. What a sh1tshow.

https://www.facebook.com/linda.depaor/posts/3678293562292377

Disgraceful. Gardai wont tackle certain minority groups.

People have been giving background on Covid victims since it first started.

This isn’t a new concept.

Again there is no crime in asking.

Of course not, it's just rude and insensitive.

And even if it wasn't those things, I don't think anyone knows. Lets all just move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Diabhalta wrote: »
    that's today, around hundred people in a mosque. Cops called 12 times, nothing happened. What a sh1tshow.

https://www.facebook.com/linda.depaor/posts/3678293562292377
    While I didn't see a hundred people exiting the Mosque, there were enough leaving in close proximity that broke the rules. The Guards should visit their Imam and say "not again".
    Otherwise, it's a one rule for them and one rule for the rest of us. And we've seen that before and it did not turn out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Ficheall wrote: »
    What are you looking for?
    It was mentioned earlier this evening, and also even earlier today, when a load of posts - including some very nasty ones - were deleted because it was unconfirmed.

I just tuned in... thanks. I’m glad the nasty ones were deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

The mobility data was just highlighting the obvious anyway.

The bigger issue was that all the "Urgent, emergency" language was used up all throughout the year and there was no way to convey the gravity of the situation to the people when it started to get out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Of course not, it's just rude and insensitive.

And even if it wasn't those things, I don't think anyone knows. Lets all just move on.

I disagree, it’s relevant and current.

When a person in the North died a few months back of a similar age I found a lot of background information on the victim here, the other medical issues he had and an interview that was published with his father after his death.

It’s important because a media report of a 32 year old dying gives a message to people that in your thirties this is life threatening, but it lacks context and other facts which are as important or possibly more important in coming to a educated opinion of it.

If you don’t have any interest in it then feel free to mind your own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

So now there is a new brazilian variant

Hilarious

2023 we will still have no plan

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭rodders999

As a result of recent travel from Brazil.....now that’s great banter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,803 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Point being , .that person in the North, not in the Republic..Somebody gave details to the media and it was everywhere and the family chose to speak out about it as a result because they were upset by the coverage .
    Totally different situation .
    But reinforces why privacy for every individual and their families is important .
    End of. Please .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

So now there is a new brazilian variant

Hilarious

2023 we will still have no plan

If only there was some sort of mandatory hotel quarantine.. oh wait.. its just not implemented!

Yes theres the 14 day house quarantine "by law" but who knows what these people have been doing. Hopefully they tell the truth and have actually been staying at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Who in fu.cks name is travelling to Ireland from Brazil in this inclement environment. What a bunch of morons.

They are travelling over to work and staying in cramped accomodation

Honestly do people really think a variant isn't going to come along that evades vaccines

Naive

Tweaking vaccines isn't sustainable either

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Who in fu.cks name is travelling to Ireland from Brazil in this inclement environment. What a bunch of morons.

1500 arrived 2 weeks ago without any checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

And round and round we go

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

How are these mugs in Government getting away with this. A complete and utter clusterfcuk from the word go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If only there was some sort of mandatory hotel quarantine.. oh wait.. its just not implemented!

Yes theres the 14 day house quarantine "by law" but who knows what these people have been doing. Hopefully they tell the truth and have actually been staying at home!

They have been talking about the hotel quarantine for about a month. And it's still not done.
    Just lock everything down again instead.

• Advertisement

Labaik wrote: »
    How are these mugs in Government getting away with this. A complete and utter clusterfcuk from the word go.

At least approach NI for an all island approach . If they reject it at least they tried

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement