Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Yes, you're not reading it right, what I meant is guards should take action and if they get it they've only themselves to blame, you can only go so far with retards of this magnitude, maybe I didn't make my post clear enough, I'll edit to clarify
    Well, you're a rather obnoxious specimen, aren't you. Combined with the mental health posts this morning, hopefully you're just a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Hardyn wrote: »
    Not really. We know the vaccines work against the UK variant. Look at Israel for proof. If it's able to dominate the other variants and prevent them taking over that's actually a good thing.

Bizarre comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Hardyn wrote: »
    Not really. We know the vaccines work against the UK variant. Look at Israel for proof. If it's able to dominate the other variants and prevent them taking over that's actually a good thing.

I know. That's what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

b0nk1e wrote: »
    There are people on this forum who get down on their knees every morning and evening to pray to every god they can think of for a variant which can defeat the vaccine.

They will be disappointed, because science will always prevail.

Thank god.

I just read the comments earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

€500 fine for a house party and €150 fine for every attendee. Another few months of this and it might start looking like good value.

• Advertisement

There are people on this forum who get down on their knees every morning and evening to pray to every god they can think of for a variant which can defeat the vaccine.
    Like the posters who want the restrictions eased in the hopes that more vulnerable people will die? I'm not sure why they would, of course, but I'm sure whatever bs you're peddling applies equally there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Bizarre comment.

Not really. All our vaccines work against the British variant. If that remains dominant then we can be confident the vaccines will work. Very similar to the flu vaccine in a way. For that the vaccine is designed for the strain that is predicted to become the dominant strain. For coronavirus we have a vaccine and it may favour us more if one variant is dominant.

Leaving aside the huge elephant that the vaccines still offer protection against the other variants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

A bad day all round for the government and, as a consequence, the entire population.

Another sly leak from the weasel Martin has caused fury amongst the people. Now 3 new cases of the Brazilian variant associated with f*cking travel from BRAZIL! I can’t even go for a p*ss without a restriction and there’s people flying in from Brazil. Turns out the last month b*locks acting over mandatory hotel quarantine is gonna bite all of us in the arse. Should have been done months ago.

Can this crowd get anything right? Just for once. Desperate.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Would you have some cop on? What universe are you living in? Absolutely absurd notion.

There are three or four posters on this thread who absolutely rejoice in high numbers.
    Ficheall wrote: »
    Like the posters who want the restrictions eased in the hopes that more vulnerable people will die? I'm not sure why they would, of course, but I'm sure whatever bs you're peddling applies equally there.

All vulnerable people who haven't yet been vaccinated are absolutely at liberty to cocoon themselves if they're scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Where there’s 3 cases of the Brazilian variant there are more, guaranteed

• Advertisement

There are three or four posters on this thread who absolutely rejoice in high numbers.
    Presumably you could list a couple of them, if you weren't talking out your hoop?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

screamer wrote: »

3 they've caught. Guaranteed there's more.

Problem is there's very little data on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

screamer wrote: »

Absolutely. They hardly came in on a plane on their own

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

All vulnerable people who haven't yet been vaccinated are absolutely at liberty to cocoon themselves if they're scared.

Right show some evidence of people wanting vaccines to fail. Show where they rejoice in high case numbers ( not people who are scared by the high numbers, people concerned by them, or who may feel they are too high or may get higher).

So simple enough: Where are people praying the vaccines are a failure and who actually said they were happy case numbers were high?

Not necessarily, if its similar to the SA strain then the vaccines, while possibly less efficient, still work at around 64% efficacy, which is still above the flu vaccine... And Pfizer and Moderna are already working on updating the vaccine for these variants... Gotta try and see hope somewhere... right? :(:)

And are still incredibly efficient at preventing severe disease irrespective of the strain

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Right show some evidence of people wanting vaccines to fail. Show where they rejoice in high case numbers ( not people who are scared by the high numbers, people concerned by them, or who may feel they are too high or may get higher).

So simple enough: Where are people praying the vaccines are a failure and who actually said they were happy case numbers were high?

You're wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Is that a fact? In reality it`s not but if you still delusionally believe there are then name them with evidence to back up your claim if you can. Time for you to **** or get off the pot old buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Turtwig wrote: »
    You're wasting your time.

I know but cr@p like that actually gets thanked!! If he's posting something he should be able to stand over it. Of course he won't but it took no effort to ask. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Hospital operations update

In hospital 703 (a decrease of 49 from than last night)

In ICU 151 (increase of 3 but thankfully zero deaths in the last 24 hours)

Last Friday we had 959 in hospital and 169 in ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Said this the other day.

Have been working in a lot of different companies the last few weeks and mask wearing and social distancing is out the window.

Seems people WFH etc don't realise how a lot of places other than retail that they don't see, are really not bothered anymore.

Ronan Glynn saying a lot of cases are workplace related this week makes sense to me now.

Then I'm thinking is it a case of people who have had covid already think they are OK and don't need to stick to the guidelines anymore????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    A bad day all round for the government and, as a consequence, the entire population.

Another sly leak from the weasel Martin has caused fury amongst the people. Now 3 new cases of the Brazilian variant associated with f*cking travel from BRAZIL! I can’t even go for a p*ss without a restriction and there’s people flying in from Brazil. Turns out the last month b*locks acting over mandatory hotel quarantine is gonna bite all of us in the arse. Should have been done months ago.

Can this crowd get anything right? Just for once. Desperate.

It's always a bad sign when they have to send Varadker out to clean up the mess. Martin is way out of his depth and has been since day one. He might be alright under normal circumstances but I always get a sense of weakness from him.

MadYaker wrote: »
    It's always a bad sign when they have to send Varadker out to clean up the mess. Martin is way out of his depth and has been since day one. He might be alright under normal circumstances but I always get a sense of weakness from him.
    They're both pretty awful. At least Martin has the decency to come across as incompetent, whereas Leo pretends he knows what he's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Ficheall wrote: »
    They're both pretty awful. At least Martin has the decency to come across as incompetent, whereas Leo pretends he knows what he's doing.

Yeah, but you see him. I see him.

Leo is apprenticeship level Machiavellian.

Yeah, but you see him. I see him.

Leo is apprenticeship level Machiavellian.

Apprentice Sugar's TV show?
    Apprentice Palpatine?
    Apprentice Apprentice?
    Apprentice other?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

If only there was some sort of mandatory hotel quarantine.. oh wait.. its just not implemented!

Yes theres the 14 day house quarantine "by law" but who knows what these people have been doing. Hopefully they tell the truth and have actually been staying at home!

But they need milk and bread and other bits from the shop after coming back from Brazil? If they can ignore the travel advice, they can also ignore the self isolation part as well because it's just the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Are we currently testing at airports? Is that where the 3 Brazilian cases came from, airport tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Are we currently testing at airports? Is that where the 3 Brazilian cases came from, airport tests?

No. We are not testing at the airport for arrivals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

If we do end up with the Brazilian variant becoming established here we aren't going to be travelling anywhere or having any tourism for a long time as there's a vaccine resistance issue.

The Government would really, really, really want to get their act together on this rather quickly as this lax approach could result in huge problems here, and if they are looking at it from a pro-business or economic point of view, it could do enormous damage to the economy to end up with those variants here. It's rather short sighted to assume that being more easy going with these things is going to somehow be an economic benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

If only there was some sort of mandatory hotel quarantine.. oh wait.. its just not implemented!

Yes theres the 14 day house quarantine "by law" but who knows what these people have been doing. Hopefully they tell the truth and have actually been staying at home!
    But they need milk and bread and other bits from the shop after coming back from Brazil? If they can ignore the travel advice, they can also ignore the self isolation part as well because it's just the shop.

If/When they implement mandatory hotel quarantine, it will not be the guards policing it, so whose to stop them walking out of the hotel?
    If the guards are called, would they be arrested or just a fine?
    If they are arrested, it begs the question, would a judge grand bail?
    If people want to break "the law" they will break it.

A half arsed quarantine won't stop a new strain from spreading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Originally Posted by Diabhalta View Post
    that's today, around hundred people in a mosque. Cops called 12 times, nothing happened. What a sh1tshow.

https://www.facebook.com/linda.depao...78293562292377
    I must admit that I am disappointed that an event like this is glossed over. Are people afraid to speak up as a result of an obvious violation, when hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) of our fellow citizens avoid practicing their religion for the greater good of the whole?
    The rules need to apply to all of us, and not just to those who follow them unreservedly.

God/Allah forbid that government officials may denounce such a violation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement