Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I presume those originally in group 5 with health issue will be prioritised and go in the group who are in group 7
    That would be my understanding anyway

This would be my understanding also makes the most sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Not sure where else to post this but what is a follow up Covid test, had a test this morning and just got a voicemail to say that I have follow up test tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

hairyslug wrote: »
    Not sure where else to post this but what is a follow up Covid test, had a test this morning and just got a voicemail to say that I have follow up test tomorrow

Guessing result was indeterminate, or corrupted

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

hairyslug wrote: »

Are you a close contact?

The first test, even if negative, may have been too early to detect the virus, so a second follow up test is needed just to be sure.

Edit: wait, that interval is too short. Perhaps the previous poster is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

boardise wrote: »
    Could never understand why golf was closed-made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    People can walk around my course for exercise -but members can't with a bag of clubs In addition ,golf last summer was strictly controlled as to timings and groupings with two stewards on duty at all times. Did anyone provide evidence that they were sources of infection ?
    Another puzzle to me was (outdoor) garden centres being closed . People can shop indoors at a Co-Op I know of but can't enter their garden centre yards away outdoors -where numbers are always small anyway and could be controlled if need be.
    These activities are maximally safe and should have continued to function with benefit to people's health and wellbeing.

Totally agree. Such mean spirited people making these arbitrary decisions. If I have to look at Micheal Martins woebegone face one more time, I am going to scream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Breathe of fresh air thread from the states

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1363147813538975749?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Downward case trends continue globally. Very significant global case drops over recent weeks. The global position is greatly improving.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1363141659349852167

Cork2021 wrote: »

Yeah, at this stage, in the US.

Once vaccination changes the hospitalisation and mortality rate of the virus to be something comparable to the flu, then we can open. But until we reach that stage, we are still dealing with the same nasty thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Are you a close contact?

The first test, even if negative, may have been too early to detect the virus, so a second follow up test is needed just to be sure.

Edit: wait, that interval is too short. Perhaps the previous poster is correct.

Nothing as dramatic as that, my son has an appointment in temple Street next week and need it before we go in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

So I'm pretty sure I qualify for group seven but I don't think anyone in the HSE would be aware of that as my previous treatments were when I lived in England and I don't think it's ever come up here since moving home. I guess I need to call my GP to see if I'm on the list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Cork2021

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

quokula wrote: »
    So I'm pretty sure I qualify for group seven but I don't think anyone in the HSE would be aware of that as my previous treatments were when I lived in England and I don't think it's ever come up here since moving home. I guess I need to call my GP to see if I'm on the list?

Here is the list

* *Chronic heart disease, including hypertension with cardiac involvement; chronic respiratory disease, including asthma requiring continuous or repeated use of systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission; Type 1 and 2 diabetes; chronic neurological disease; chronic kidney disease; body mass index >40; immunosuppression due to disease or treatment; chronic liver disease; cancer; down syndrome; history of organ transplant; sickle cell disease.

Definitely call your GP and make sure you are on the list! Without hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Here is the list

* *Chronic heart disease, including hypertension with cardiac involvement; chronic respiratory disease, including asthma requiring continuous or repeated use of systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission; Type 1 and 2 diabetes; chronic neurological disease; chronic kidney disease; body mass index >40; immunosuppression due to disease or treatment; chronic liver disease; cancer; down syndrome; history of organ transplant; sickle cell disease.

Yeah I know I qualify (previously hospitalised for repiratory exacerbation), but I don't think any health professional in Ireland is aware of this, so not sure how to go about ensuring I'm on the list. I guess it's just a matter of calling my GP to try to clear it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

Does anyone have insight on what happened in Portugal? Just a few weeks ago they had 10-15k daily cases, but now they're down to fewer than 2k. Just the usual lockdown, or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Polar101 wrote: »
    Does anyone have insight on what happened in Portugal? Just a few weeks ago they had 10-15k daily cases, but now they're down to fewer than 2k. Just the usual lockdown, or something else?

Strictest lockdown in Europe since early last year. Beaches and parks shut. Stay the **** home.

At least it seems to be working well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

UrbanFret wrote: »
    supermarkets, carparks of supermarkets seem a great place for a natter. parks , walks, theres even a walk beside me which is not completed or hasnt been officialy opened yet. there was that many people using it they've had to mound up the soil at the entrance and put up signage in an attempt to stop people acessing it.
    The roads are thick with cars. 5km restriction is purely cosmetic.

Agree with a lot of this. See people are meeting in gardens for drinks etc. Have they lost the dressing room?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Some counties incidence rate increasing atm

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1363177706830069760

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

26 deaths
    988 cases

90 less cases today than this day last week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

On last check I was in group 14.... of 15 total.

2022 vaccine so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Excellent.

Is there any data from people who have been vaccinated longer? i.e. people who were vaccinated in December/early Jan?
    iirc, they say it's two weeks after second dose that vaccine is fully effective, so maybe people are being extra cautious for those two weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

Agree with a lot of this. See people are meeting in gardens for drinks etc. Have they lost the dressing room?

Weather getting warmer, people meeting more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, at this stage, in the US.

Once vaccination changes the hospitalisation and mortality rate of the virus to be something comparable to the flu, then we can open. But until we reach that stage, we are still dealing with the same nasty thing.

In the US they are far from being told to travel only 5km. From what I gather they can travel cross state no problems. Figures still dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Ficheall wrote: »
    Excellent.

Is there any data from people who have been vaccinated longer? i.e. people who were vaccinated in December/early Jan?
    iirc, they say it's two weeks after second dose that vaccine is fully effective, so maybe people are being extra cautious for those two weeks?

Seems like it is the exact opposite, with ine incidence rate doubling after the first shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

brookers wrote: »
    You would have to laugh when you hear about a NI poll....Irish people in their thousands have been vaccinated in the UK.

The U.K. vaccine rollout has been a great success, but every other aspect of their response has been absolutely disastrous, managing to achieve one of the highest death rates in the developed world.

They got extremely lucky with the success of the AstraZeneca vaccine primarily. Had it gone a different way - like the GSK vaccine for example, the story would have been very different.

I would be hugely thankful to the scientists and the NHS who’ve achieved this despite of the Tory Government, not because of them.

I wouldn’t get too smug about it given who’s in charge right now.

The EU vaccine programme will end up completing very rapidly once the bandwidth for the manufacturers gets there, but what is annoying me with the Irish response has we were in an extremely good position before Christmas, one of the lowest case numbers per capita in Europe.

We could have comfortably sailed along into the vaccines this year, possibly even opening up to some degree now but instead we threw it all away on a fiasco of public policy that put Christmas ahead of all else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭prunudo

TheDoctor wrote: »
    On last check I was in group 14.... of 15 total.

2022 vaccine so!

As a matter of interest, how do the authorities know what category I'm in. I'm way down the list but how do they know. It is a matter of ringing gp and telling them your current job then they combine it with your medical history and age?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

prunudo wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, how do the authorities know what category I'm in. I'm way down the list but how do they know. It is a matter of ringing gp and telling them your current job then they combine it with your medical history and age?

I assume since all the early categories are based on location (nursing homes), jobs (frontline staff), age, underlying health issues etc. All this information should be readily available.

I fall into the "leftovers". So assuming you want to be sure you're moved up, just make sure the reason is known to your GP etc if not obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

prunudo wrote: »

I'd say you'll be registering online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'd say you'll be registering online.

It seems to be a registration system that works much like the NCT or any other of those state services.

Login, register, tick various boxes. Appointment happens electronically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭prunudo

It seems to be a registration system that works much like the NCT or any other of those state services.

Login, register, tick various boxes. Appointment happens electronically.

Ah right, will keep an eye on it in a few months time so. No point worrying about it yet. Cheers for the answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement