Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

AdamD wrote: »
    They were pretty sharp to write in laws with regards to 5km, not leaving your county, 'house parties' etc. etc.

Not forgetting the emergency legislation they tried to rush through the system to outlaw drinking takeaway pints outdoors on cold November nights.

They were fairly snappy when it came to trying to put a stop to that, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Who needs evidence when you have outrage?
    Can one die with or of outrage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

is_that_so wrote: »

There'll be more outrage if you can't do either......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    So like I said ban flights from these countries until it is up and running. They stopped flights from Britain after Christmas in an instant and CTA didn't matter at all. Austria only EU member on list. Just ban flights from these countries until its ready but they're too slow,thick and lack initiative.

Have you see the list of countries that have to quarantine?

Besides S.Africa, Austria, and Brazil, it's a load of remote sub saharan countries that has barely any travel infrastructure. It's a ****ing joke. More cute hoorism and pretence from those self serving charlatans.

They should be crucified in the media for this lark, but they dont seem to be held to account by any of our journalists, bar a few outliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Monday, February 22nd 2021
    609 positive swabs, 5.15% positivity on 11,828 tests.

Sunday, February 21st 2021
    764 positive swabs, 5.13% positivity on 14,901 tests.

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Not forgetting the emergency legislation they tried to rush through the system to outlaw drinking takeaway pints outdoors on cold November nights.

They were fairly snappy when it came to trying to put a stop to that, if I remember correctly.

they're probably terrified we'll lose our open arms, progressive, non discriminatory, cosmopolitan culture badge...we were it with such pride!!

They're dragging it out in the hopes a drop in cases will lessen the requirement for it's implementation, there's so many holes in it, it's doomed to failure, just one breach gets to the daily mirror and it's goodbye, everyone will loose the plot. they'll feck it up and just tack on another 9 weeks for joe public...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

is_that_so wrote: »

You could choke on outrage, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jhegarty wrote: »

how is this in comparison to other mondays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    They banned flights from Britain on the drop of a hat and they have a common travel area agreement. So it not difficult at all. They can do it in the click of a finger.

Can I ask what flights are they supposed to ban? Are there direct flights from red list countries? If there are flight from those countries are there passengers from those countries or is it connecting only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Ok numbers, would have hoped for 4 % positivity like one day last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

bennyl10 wrote: »

7 day average of swabs today: 797
    Last Monday's 7 day average: 888

Aye, selectively pushing through legislation in the blink of an eye yet bleating about "cívil liberties" when dragging out the hotel quarantine question for months. Meanwhile, if we're good lickle boys and girls the daily tallies will gradually taper off by mid summer. Some are pushing the "look at the cases, cases, cases" narrative to the exclusion of everything else. Newsflash, I ain't buying it. There is more nuance at play than that, some of us (shock horror) are capable of discerning the bigger picture. We're becoming the laggards of Europe with respect to administration of vaccines. ICU beds per capita? Shhhhhhhh...oh look over at there cases have fallen by a miniscule percentage this week. Have yourself a biccy look a good automaton. Some patronising waffle being dished out here day after day, and I wouldn't feed it to the dog.

easy now Bertie, any contrary view is likely to have you thrown in as an anti vax MMR=Autism and Homeopath lover!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

SusieBlue wrote: »

That legislation was quietly dropped. Like everything else, it was complicated. Instead the Taoiseach sought and received agreement on a voluntary approach for the current lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Russman

Aye, selectively pushing through certain legislation in the blink of an eye yet bleating about "civil liberties" when dragging out the hotel quarantine question for months. Meanwhile, if we're good lickle boys and girls the daily tallies will gradually taper off by mid summer. Some are pushing the "look at the cases, cases, cases" narrative to the exclusion of everything else. Newsflash, I ain't buying it. There is more nuance at play than that, some of us (shock horror) are capable of discerning the bigger picture. We're becoming the laggards of Europe with respect to administration of vaccines. ICU beds per capita? Shhhhhhhh...oh look over there cases have fallen by a miniscule percentage this week. Have yourself a biccy like a good automaton. Some patronising waffle being dished out here day after day, and I wouldn't feed it to the dog.

Any evidence of this ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

This is interesting.
    Sunglasses for all?

https://twitter.com/secupp/status/1363556542063214600?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

bennyl10 wrote: »

Feb 22 - 609
    Feb 15 - 645
    Feb 8 - 780
    Feb 1 - 831
    Jan 25 - 1085

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    This is interesting.
    Sunglasses for all?

swimming goggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

It’s quite comical that I type these words, but Micheal Martin could learn a lot from Boris Johnson in what the PM has just announced

Here’s some low or no risk activities we are permitting from now (most of which are being done already anyway like meeting up outdoors)

Here’s a date for other activities which are conditional but here’s the conditions.

Proper order. No information vacuums like the gigantic one here. Might be time to examine the 5km bull**** before there’s minority compliance with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That’s exactly what missing here . A clear precise message and a feeling of hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

That legislation was quietly dropped. Like everything else, it was complicated. Instead the Taoiseach sought and received agreement on a voluntary approach for the current lockdown.

There were people drinking pints outside a pub in Rathfarnham that I passed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

This is interesting.
    Sunglasses for all?

A Chinese study last April made the same suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I can't see level 4 happening without a few delays, but.... There is no reason why we can't have a similar timeline, 2-3 weeks behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I can't see level 4 happening without a few delays, but.... There is no reason why we can't have a similar timeline, 2-3 weeks behind them.

Level 4? Ah the mythical level that was never used.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

marno21 wrote: »
    It’s quite comical that I type these words, but Micheal Martin could learn a lot from Boris Johnson in what the PM has just announced

Here’s some low or no risk activities we are permitting from now (most of which are being done already anyway like meeting up outdoors)

Here’s a date for other activities which are conditional but here’s the conditions.

Proper order. No information vacuums like the gigantic one here. Might be time to examine the 5km bull**** before there’s minority compliance with it.

Fair point. It’s a sad day when BoJo makes you look bad! Also - I saw a couple of interviews over the weekend with other UK ministers and all refused to speculate on rules or timings and just said ‘wait until the announcement on Monday’

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mr zulu

Fair dues to the UK road map, listening to Boris giveing the English great hope, mean while in Ireland, Al we have is doom and gloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

This is interesting.
    Sunglasses for all?

people who wear glasses only got one third of the friends and social contacts of normal people, Coincidence?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

silverharp wrote: »
    people who wear glasses only got one third of the friends and social contacts of normal people, Coincidence?

Nerd immunity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Level 4? Ah the mythical level that was never used.

Step 4 sorry
    Step Four will begin no earlier than 21 June, at which point there will be no legal limits on social contact, enabling nightclubs to reopen and large events to go ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement