Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

FTFY

Yes, the half that gives 94% protection from hospitalisation. Not bad, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

No leaks because they've had to completely redo their plan to keep somewhat in line with Boris :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

No leaks because they've had to completely redo their plan to keep somewhat in line with Boris :D

Wouldn’t surprise me at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

gutenberg wrote: »
    Daniel Defoe wrote Journal of the Plague Year.

Though Samuel Pepys also recorded entries about it in his diary (as well as the Great Fire of London, when he buried his Parmesan cheese in a friend’s garden to keep it safe!).

Pepys wrote works on 1665 plague, that's what I was thinking of. But yes your right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ficheall wrote: »
    Saw some principal in the UK on Channel 4 news complaining about the non-staggered re-opening. All pupils are supposed to be tested three times in the first week (which seems excessive), and she had 1800 pupils :eek:

Boris release a load of positive headlines without investigating the details of what'd be required to actually achieve them? That'd never happen surely :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I think I remember you saying at some point that you work in a supermarket, yes? So forgive me if I take your opinions on Boris with no more than a smirk.
    Well, if you can't trust supermarket workers and you can't trust the professionals on the national public health emergency team, who can you trust, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There will be a review on April 5, no major changes until at least then - cabinet tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

Ficheall wrote: »
    Well, if you can't trust supermarket workers and you can't trust the professionals on the national public health emergency team, who can you trust, eh?

I'd love to respond but - under threat of a ban - I have been ordered not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Most people think its to do with the spreading of the virus complete bullsh1t so -we are tied to 5km to help people not be evicted from their property ridiculous -their keeping this fairly quiet

Other way around, the eviction ban can only exist with a travel restriction. It was in the papers, it's not a secret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Other way around, the eviction ban can only exist with a travel restriction. It was in the papers, it's not a secret.

They can just change that.

There will be a review on April 5, no major changes until at least then - cabinet tonight.

Been reiterated again?
    That was the speculation earlier alright

It takes one change of regulation
    The same as moving between levels and enforcement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

So they still don't have any plan

Just kicking for touch again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It takes one change of regulation
    The same as moving between levels and enforcement

It's not easily done apparantly. The justification was based on health grounds, limited by peoples rights to property. The 5k limit has legal enforcement, they can't arbitrarily extend it, legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Kicking it out on the full more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Maybe they have, and the plan is phased school reopening and hold as we are on most things until the next review. A plan can be stagnant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

UK clubland has gone absolutely nuts... I know a few promoters and they are currently all ringing each other to make sure that events scheduled after their lockdown ends on the 21st June won't clash with each other. DJ bookings have gone ballistic all of a sudden.

I really hope it works for them but the country has gotten extremely excited extremely quickly and its going to be an absolute car crash if it goes wrong.

• Advertisement

It's not easily done apparantly. The justification was based on health grounds, limited by peoples rights to property. The 5k limit has legal enforcement, they can't arbitrarily extend it, legally.

Of course it is
    5k is an arbitrary choice in and of itself

Make the joint you can’t evict people until x amount are vaccinated
    Cute public health grounds

Although it’ll take us 6 weeks to pass quartile with this shambles of a cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Could they not just stop enforcing it with pointless money wasting checkpoints all over the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

hmmm wrote: »
    Interesting article on when we "return to normal". It's written from a US perspective, but still relevant to us:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2021/02/pandemic-daily-life-normal-summer-fall/618108/

That's article is exactly what we need more of. What is likely to happen, with a number of variables and strong caveats. I have no idea why so many journalists and public figures have preferred opaque prophecies like "the vaccine is just part of the solution" "the virus will be with us for some time.."

I swear if I hear another vague two word oxymoron; "new normal" "social distancing" "known unknowns" ill pull my hair out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

The are releasing a plan tomorrow. Noting major changed until April which we knew already but we will have some guidance as to what will happen after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

peterc1991 wrote: »
    The are releasing a plan tomorrow. Noting major changed until April which we knew already but we will have some guidance as to what will happen after.

I have zero faith that any roadmap for April onwards will be followed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Maybe they have, and the plan is q phased school reopening and hold as we are on most things until the next review. A plan can be stagnant. :)

Hmmm maybe

More likely they haven't made any decisions and are just buying time

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

peterc1991 wrote: »

We haven't even hit March yet and they're now saying April, clueless ****wits with zero plans and no brains.

The UK announcing their plans on their successes so far makes the Irish leadership look like an absolute pack of imbeciles

mcburns07 wrote: »
    I have zero faith that any roadmap for April onwards will be followed

Roadmap version 7.5.

Considering how many times they've changed it, its already a shambles you couldn't trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

UK clubland has gone absolutely nuts... I know a few promoters and they are currently all ringing each other to make sure that events scheduled after their lockdown ends on the 21st June won't clash with each other. DJ bookings have gone ballistic all of a sudden.

I really hope it works for them but the country has gotten extremely excited extremely quickly and its going to be an absolute car crash if it goes wrong.

It's amazing how many people are reading "at the earliest" as "this is definitely happening on this date"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'd love to respond but - under threat of a ban - I have been ordered not to.
    Glad to hear it. Arghus has been a good contributor to the threads throughout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement