Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So will there be no changes at all tomorrow? Golf and tennis usually gets back first.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

We haven't even hit March yet and they're now saying April, clueless ****wits with zero plans and no brains.

The UK announcing their plans on their successes so far makes the Irish leadership look like an absolute pack of imbeciles

What do you want? They are ahead in vaccinations and are setting targets based on that. Many vulnerable people won't get their first vaccine dose until April. Anyone who expected things to be opening up to any significant degree before then, hasn't been paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

What do you want? They are ahead in vaccinations and are setting targets based on that. Many vulnerable people won't get their first vaccine dose until April. Anyone who expected things to be opening up to any significant degree before then, hasn't been paying attention.

I think its clear what I want... progress, so far what I have seen is pitiful and I still see no coherence in the messaging. I am paying plenty of attention...

Vulnerable... in April, what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

This will be hard to take tomorrow!!

“ The Government’s new Living with Covid-19 Plan is expected to contain very little good news for the public with ministers and their advisers insisting they will not offer any clarity on when restrictions will be ease”

What an absolutely galling thing to say!

https://m.independent.ie/news/level-5-restrictions-until-at-least-april-5-under-governments-new-living-with-covid-19-plan-40121193.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=seeding&fbclid=IwAR2QyrVSBzOPA0tmZogbxLPQJdM8VylWIpHvQPx4T7lTx6UfTYPLFJ_uPYs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Cork2021 wrote: »

“ The Government’s new Living with Covid-19 Plan is expected to contain very little good news for the public with ministers and their advisers insisting they will not offer any clarity on when restrictions will be ease”

https://m.independent.ie/news/level-5-restrictions-until-at-least-april-5-under-governments-new-living-with-covid-19-plan-40121193.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=seeding&fbclid=IwAR2QyrVSBzOPA0tmZogbxLPQJdM8VylWIpHvQPx4T7lTx6UfTYPLFJ_uPYs

What in the actual ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

There is going to be absolute uproar tomorrow and rightfully so at this point.

What an utterly depressing state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

I'm DELIGHTED the UK have made them look so poor.... awful bunch of ****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

No dates given

No metrics

No plan at all

Just an extension of restrictions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

I feel come The first week of March, Many within the public and business will lift the restrictions themselves. I don’t blame them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

The government can announce their new road map as much as they want tomorrow. People have stopped listening and have decided they'll do what they deem is the best way for their own individual needs to live with covid.

Obviously they can't go to closed businesses, but they'll call to family members, friends and go to beaches/ forests etc beyond 5km.

• Advertisement

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Could they not just stop enforcing it with pointless money wasting checkpoints all over the country?
    UK clubland has gone absolutely nuts... I know a few promoters and they are currently all ringing each other to make sure that events scheduled after their lockdown ends on the 21st June won't clash with each other. DJ bookings have gone ballistic all of a sudden.

I really hope it works for them but the country has gotten extremely excited extremely quickly and its going to be an absolute car crash if it goes wrong.

I think that the plan looks really sensible. Ambitious but not overly so, with plenty of time in between phases, underpinned by the vaccination programme. You can clearly see the scientists’ fingerprints all over it

EXCEPT, for the nightclubs bit. Why that had to be tagged on to the end is beyond me. You go from 6 people from 2 households sitting in a pub in May (which seems sensible and cautious) to nightclubs in June?!?!?

I supposed that given that all adults will have had at least one dose by then, and it’s increasingly clear that negative test and vaccination certs will form part of the plan, it would be hard for Boris to tell his backbenchers that he still does not plan to open certain things. So probably had no choice but to put it in. But it won’t happen and most commentators I have read agree (while also acknowledging that most of the plan is cautious and sensible)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

If you were to set out to annoy people rather than to get cases down you'd probably arrive at something along the lines of the Irish government's plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

prunudo wrote: »
    The government can announce their new road map as much as they want tomorrow. People have stopped listening and have decided they'll do what they deem is the best way for their own individual needs to live with covid.

Yep, you can see it happening all around now. I don't see any businesses reopening against restrictions but anywhere there's a grey area it will likely be taken advantage of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Yep, you can see it happening all around now. I don't see any businesses reopening against restrictions but anywhere there's a grey area it will likely be taken advantage of.

And unfortunately its the household meet ups that can lead to the virus spreading not the likes of non essential retail and hairdressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Are they keeping click and collect closed? Sure that’s great for Irish businesses vs Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

nj27 wrote: »
    If you were to set out to annoy people rather than to get cases down you'd probably arrive at something along the lines of the Irish government's plan.

Well in that regard you have to admire the consistency in their desire to piss off the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The people running this country, High level health Officials, Government, Media are reprehensible. All sociopaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I would caution ppl to be very very wary when it comes to anything Johnson says

If something he says sounds too good to be true, then...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

If you read the whole article it says exactly what I have repeatedly posted on this thread. The giving of dates as targets has been shown to cause adherence to the restrictions to fall.

They are not fully to give dates if by giving them out sets the plan back. It's that simple. Politically it would be appealing if they could, but at least they are mature enough to recognise they can't.

If the population wasn't collectively so stupid and selfish they might be able to give us a timeline.

Well in that regard you have to admire the consistency in their desire to piss off the public.

Donnelly is a muppet! They’ve set out no plan, none whatsoever!!! NONE!!! Imbeciles!!!

• Advertisement

darem93 wrote: »
    There is going to be absolute uproar tomorrow and rightfully so at this point.

What an utterly depressing state of affairs.

Why is there going to be “absolute uproar” tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Donnelly is a muppet! They’ve set out no plan, none whatsoever!!! NONE!!! Imbeciles!!!

And now the schools might not be opening next Monday!!!!

If you read the whole article it says exactly what I have repeatedly posted on this thread. The giving of dates as targets has been shown to cause adherence to the restrictions to fall.

They are not fully to give dates if by giving them out sets the plan back. It's that simple. Politically it would be appealing if they could, but at least they are mature enough to recognise they can't.

If the population wasn't collectively so stupid and selfish they might be able to give us a timeline.

Ah come off it!! So you think the population is stupid? Off with you! Shocking statement

And all they needed to do was to dust down last year’s opening up plan...throw in dates. Caveat them with vaccination metrics, daily cases, hospital numbers etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If the vaccine effectiveness is to be believed, in the next few weeks the hospitals will be empty, the case numbers will be in double digits.

Why not just say we'll preliminary add a week onto March 8th and see what happens over the next couple of weeks. No. Mid April. And we'll tell the media first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

We are an embarrassment of a nation. The plan is........ No plan.

UK clubland has gone absolutely nuts... I know a few promoters and they are currently all ringing each other to make sure that events scheduled after their lockdown ends on the 21st June won't clash with each other. DJ bookings have gone ballistic all of a sudden.

I really hope it works for them but the country has gotten extremely excited extremely quickly and its going to be an absolute car crash if it goes wrong.

Don’t put anything past boris....

Loves to BS and make false promises for a bit of short term popularity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Will you be emigrating when travel restrictions are lifted , although I believe emigration is deemed essential travel. It must be soul destroying for you to be the only intelligent person in the country. Pray tell where will you go?

Last May the cases continued to go down. I disagree with that assertion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The people running this country, High level health Officials, Government, Media are reprehensible. All sociopaths.
    I don't think you know what a sociopath is, but it sounds edgy, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement