Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

big syke wrote: »
    Are you for real?

They usually are in school as normal and have planned summer/esater/xmas/mid term holidays.

now they have had these holidays and no classroom teaching because of a pandemic.

Do you undestand?

Looks what's happening in Italy

Bug outbreaks in school settings . Bring it back to parents and grandparents

Schools should not be back until there is mass vaccinations

Parents (like me) should be able to keep their kids ticking over until then . And their workplaces should be accommodating

It does show people have too many kids . Maybe they should have been happy with their lot and not kept going until they had that boy / girl . But that's a debate that will come up in around 10 years when the climate crisis hits . We will be looking back at this period thinking we didn't know how lucky we had it

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

It does show people have too many kids . Maybe they should have been happy with their lot and not kept going until they had that boy / girl

You should try talking out of your mouth instead of your arse. You'll be surprised at how much more effective it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

You know the thread has reached a new low when you get a reference to Salazar and the suggestion that Irish parents have too many kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Parents (like me) should be able to keep their kids ticking over until then . And their workplaces should be accommodating

It does show people have too many kids . Maybe they should have been happy with their lot and not kept going until they had that boy / girl . But that's a debate that will come up in around 10 years when the climate crisis hits . We will be looking back at this period thinking we didn't know how lucky we had it

I am not sure what all that nonsense has to do with what you said originally about them having months off and no-one questioning it then :confused:

But good stuff you managed to hit climate change, mass vaccinations and having too many kids after your original post was questioned.

Incredible goalpost movement 8.5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

5km limit for 5 months is obscene. Sleepwalked into a police state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

People living alone have to deal with loneliness on top of all the other restrictions on everyone else.

People with sick relatives they can't see have to deal with the stress of that on top of everything else.

Everyone's circumstances are different.

I'm not arguing for schools to be kept closed or be made less of a priority. I hope the opening goes ahead as planned. I was sceptical about keeping them open before but it's been too long now. I'm just trying to point out why people feel frustrated.

Yeah I wasn't trying to make it a competition

It was the "X get this - what about the rest of us" line of thinking that I was responding to

It's circular and ultimately self defeating

Time to take a break I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Kha1993

AdamD wrote: »
    5km limit for 5 months is obscene. Sleepwalked into a police state.

And a convenient excuse to keep it. “Well if you want it gone, it means you want evictions”. It’d be sinister if you didn’t know how incompetent our government are.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Time to take a break I'd say

Nothing can be disputed in what i said. Continue to bury your head in the sand

You should try talking out of your mouth instead of your arse. You'll be surprised at how much more effective it is.

Come back to me in the 10-15 yrs . There will be a limit on how many kids you can have .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Come back to me in the 10-15 yrs . There will be a limit on how many kids you can have .

Interesting, and do you see this human rights violation taking place everywhere or just ireland?

Did we repeal the 8th for forced population control? That wasn't in the booklet.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Interesting, and do you see this human rights violation taking place everywhere or just ireland?

Did we repeal the 8th for forced population control? That wasn't in the booklet.

Mike Ryan said the same . Also , have you not been around the last 12 months re population control

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

NPHET and the government are already talking in an echo chamber, i suspect that they will announce they are even more concerned about the figures and once the weather starts getting better the 5km will be effectively out of the window.

just look at last sunday best day in months loads of traffic out (funny the guards put out a checkpoint on sunday 1st one ive seen)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Friends of mine had a daughter (10) complaining About pains in her legs- sounded like typical growing pains to me. Rand doc- straight in for PCR.
    Nephew had a headache and hypochondriac sister in law rang doc- straight in for PCR. Is every call to the doctors surgery responded to with PCR now I wonder?
    People need to stop getting tested for no reason- and even if people have symptoms but aren’t unwell they need to isolate themselves and their families. It’s the numbers that are being used to retain lockdown, it’s about time we started living our lives according to what’s safe rather than what’s allowed again.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭spakman

Friends of mine had a daughter (10) complaining About pains in her legs- sounded like typical growing pains to me. Rand doc- straight in for PCR.
    Nephew had a headache and hypochondriac sister in law rang doc- straight in for PCR. Is every call to the doctors surgery responded to with PCR now I wonder?
    People need to stop getting tested for no reason- and even if people have symptoms but aren’t unwell they need to isolate themselves and their families. It’s the numbers that are being used to retain lockdown, it’s about time we started living our lives according to what’s safe rather than what’s allowed again.

But if their test comes back negative, then it doesn't impact thr numbers being used to justify lockdown.
    Are you suggesting people with symptoms shouldn't get tested!?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Quite a lot of them would be tbh. The logic is that if it's serious enough to contact the GP, then there's a possibility it's an illness caused by a pathogen. And there's so little in circulation at the moment except Covid, that a Covid test is worth doing.
    People need to stop getting tested for no reason- and even if people have symptoms but aren’t unwell they need to isolate themselves and their families. It’s the numbers that are being used to retain lockdown,
    So stop testing people to bring the numbers down? Genius :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

spakman wrote: »
    But if their test comes back negative, then it doesn't impact thr numbers being used to justify lockdown.
    Are you suggesting people with symptoms shouldn't get tested!?

Tbf, there's a difference between being tested with clear symptoms of covid and being tested with no clear symptoms like the two cases in that post. If everyone with a headache got tested, you'd be testing thousands for no reason imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I'm not sure you have thought about this at all. You could as easily argue that everybody should get a test to bring up the number of tests and reduce the positivity rate, which is one of the key markers in how widespread the virus is in the community. But either way it is just nonsense, if a doctor sends you for a test it is for your good and possible your loved ones good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    But they could then increase to 20k as that is also a restriction ?

The 5k restriction is on shaky enough grounds around how much of an improvement in the public health it can bring. 20k wouldn't pass the bar I would say.

They could try to uncouple the eviction ban from the travel restriction, but then they may run foul of property rights and laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

It didn't take long for further communist China social policies to be brought up. Potential correlation between the 'shut it down' crowd and the communist party of China?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The thing with the 5km limit is that its tied to the laws against rent increases and evictions. They really should come up with a fix for that by now though.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1362142113513631746

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Cork2021 wrote: »

She's a quack.

She's retweeting the likes of Ivor Cummins. She's a sham, a bad actor, and filling people's heads full of nonsense.
    Her timeline is full of complete horse****.

Eod100 wrote: »
    The thing with the 5km limit is that its tied to the laws against rent increases and evictions. They really should come up with a fix for that by now though.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1362142113513631746

The elected legislators will just have to sit down with the elected legislators and provide a solution to this legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

Eod100 wrote: »

Well, it's tied to level 5 restrictions. But the eviction ban expires next week anyway, so changes/extensions are likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So the entire country is imprisoned at 5k because people can be evicted from their homes if they change it? Why not just draft new emergency legislation, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

She's a quack.

She's retweeting the likes of Ivor Cummins. She's a sham, a bad actor, and filling people's heads full of nonsense.
    Her timeline is full of complete horse****.

And Staines isn’t a quack? Good one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

It’s the numbers that are being used to retain lockdown, it’s about time we started living our lives according to what’s safe rather than what’s allowed again.

If you catch covid, but don't tell anyone - you didn't really catch covid?

I'm waiting for the pandemic to end, but I was expecting a different ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

So the entire country is imprisoned at 5k because people can be evicted from their homes if they change it? Why not just draft new emergency legislation, FFS.

Thats the line they are feeding us, but lets face it, they are not going to do anything about it because it suits them to keep us restricted to 5k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

Many are ignoring it thankfully, and many more will start ignoring it if this is to go on for another couple of months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement