Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Accidentally

Bring them on. The sooner the better as far as I`m concerned.

Very edgy.

Congratulations. It's taken 20 years, but you're the first person I've ever put on Ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cork2021

jams100 wrote: »
    Getting a cold is a minor inconvenience though. I personally won't be wearing a mask as soon as this is over.
    Don't know how people can wear them for 8+ hours a day, thankful that I at least don't have to do that

You get used to it but it’s a serious hindrance! You can’t sit on the throne unless you’ve a mask on! Only off of eating straight back on once finished!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

It needs to be stated clearly for once and all what the actual goal is. A clear metric with no back tracking.

Is it to get to a point where the health service will not be overwhelmed?
    Is it herd immunity through vaccination/spread?
    Is it driving covid to zero?

We need to define and state the goal. This never ending 'we are concerned about this, we are worried about that, what if xyzzy happens' has to stop. If you dont know what your objective is well then you're never gonna achieve it. Whatever it is.

The first 2

+ Contain new variant outbreaks as they arise

The govt. is making a complete balls of the messaging

Its like we've got a bad committee running the country

Cork2021 wrote: »
    As much and I mean AS MUCH as I’d love a pint the one thing I want is to not have to wear a mask! I’ll be counting the days until I can burn the bastering things!!

Me too , but will they ever go

I'm thinking they're here to stay with the risk of variants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

bb1234567 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1354223766956437509
    This crazy idea is gaining some traction in US media lately..when will it be mandated in Ireland :D

Sure I never leave the house with less than 6 masks on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,546 ✭✭✭✭fits

I actually wore two masks to a hospital appointment three weeks ago. I had an ffp3 mask but it had a valve so I wore a cloth mask over it.

I *still* managed to pick up a slight cold either there or in supermarket. Haven’t been anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I have to say I thought I have low points throughout this whole mess but today with that woeful bunch of fu*k nuts taking away any hope, any ray of light spouting nothing but doom and gloom I just give up. What is the point anymore?

You can't travel, can't see family and friends, can't work, can't walk somewhere by yourself outside of 5k. I cannot walk around where I live anymore, its all grey, parks are packed and sometimes just not a place I want to be. They are grim sometimes, rubbish and roaming gangs of feral gremlins both young and old. The n'er do wells from a few doors up with their awful kids in the park smoking weed and drinking being their utter scummy selves. There is no space, urban areas that have a high population is forcing more people to spend time in a confined area. The thoughts of walking along the footpaths with traffic speeding past no wide open spaces to just walk and be alone is crushing.

Looking at a bank balance that gets smaller each week as bills have to be paid, trying to save a bit only for it to be wiped out once the utility bills come in. There is no joy left and then they say that even with vaccinations we will still be restricted.

And then that utter cretin Donnelly spouts that god awful word vomit. They are so out of touch, so untouched by the lives they have confined us to it would be laughable if it wasn't so depressing. If they spout any more of that drivel about us being together I will scream. Like another poster said (on either this or the restrictions thread) I actually tell my radio to fu*k off when it says Covid is still a problem. I turn the radio off. I have stopped watching RTE and am staying away from that other doom loving site The Journal.

They have utterly broken me tonight. There is just nothing to look forward to or hope for.
    Yeah, there is sense of endlessness to it. I wonder just how useful these marathon sessions are with everyone taking their turn at bad news. At a time when vaccine supplies look like going sideways it's almost enough to just get a news summary on the key points and move on with our limited lives. It just makes it look like they insist on communicating everything over how they deliver it and how much they share. I skimmed the RTE app last night and there must have been 10 stories on this before anything else. That is very tough to process even for the most resilient.

Malcomex wrote: »
    Me too , but will they ever go

I'm thinking they're here to stay with the risk of variants etc.
    They will, as a mandatory measure, but some will stick with them for a very long time.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1354223766956437509
    This crazy idea is gaining some traction in US media lately..when will it be mandated in Ireland :D
    Very doubtful. We favour the more effective distancing and it took us a long time to even talk about masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Almost a year into it now and what’s the solution?
    “Stay at home” says michealeen.
    A jokeshop of a set up run by overpaid fcukin gombeens.
    And the fcukin leak running his mouth in the background.
    2 bigger fcukin idiots you’d be hard pressed to find

• Advertisement

Almost a year into it now and what’s the solution?
    “Stay at home” says michealeen.
    A jokeshop of a set up run by overpaid fcukin gombeens.
    And the fcukin leak running his mouth in the background.
    2 bigger fcukin idiots you’d be hard pressed to find

I think you need to punch something!

Its a weird government setup atm, times like this needs 1 party and decisive leadership with vision.

MM - indecisive and uninspiring, seems to be more concerned with party and politics than leadership

LV- Bit of a narcissistic twang off him

SD and ER - Useless bluffers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Listening to the radio it seems to me that the Gardai believe they can’t police the travel measures

• Registered Users Posts: 24,415 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Its a weird government setup atm, times like this needs 1 party and decisive leadership with vision.

MM - indecisive and uninspiring, seems to be more concerned with party and politics than leadership

LV- Bit of a narcissistic twang off him

SD and ER - Useless bluffers

the previous minority FG government seemed to carry itself with more authority than this shower..

too many cooks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,546 ✭✭✭✭fits

He’s not on a rock solid footing in his own party which doesn’t help.

Not overly impressed with current government either.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

Golfman64 wrote: »
    In no particular order, likely next targets for the mob;

Joggers
    Cyclists
    Sea swimmers
    Coffee shops
    The border
    Bananas from South America

As I predicted just yesterday, the angry mob are moving on - https://www.thejournal.ie/should-joggers-wear-face-masks-5336544-Jan2021/

Enabled by the irresponsible media in Ireland.

Watch out Coffee Shops - your status as ‘essential’ is likely next!

Rte should be closed down when this is over and the licence fee scrapped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Good news!

A relative of mine has an in-law who contracted COVID last week at the age of 90.. he's asymptomatic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Good news!

A relative of mine has an in-law who contracted COVID last week at the age of 90.. he's asymptomatic :)

I genuinely believe my 87 yr old father had it after he got back from Cheltenham last year. He isolated when he got back. He was ill a week after. He described it as the worst flu he ever had. He wouldn't call the doc though. He recovered fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Golfman64 wrote: »
    As I predicted just yesterday, the angry mob are moving on - https://www.thejournal.ie/should-joggers-wear-face-masks-5336544-Jan2021/

Enabled by the irresponsible media in Ireland.

Watch out Coffee Shops - your status as ‘essential’ is likely next!

that's bait :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

I genuinely believe my 87 yr old father had it after he got back from Cheltenham last year. He isolated when he got back. He was ill a week after. He described it as the worst flu he ever had. He wouldn't call the doc though. He recovered fine.

So strange isn't it. This virus is a strange one. Delighted about your dad recovering from whatever it is. Even a flu is potentially very dangerous for an 87 year old!

Update: Mother tested negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭bloopy

Update: Mother tested negative!

Why does this keep happening?
    I know of two households where one member tested positive but not the others. These are families so social distancing would not have been strictly observed in the home.
    I keep seeing the same type comments pop up all over the place.

bloopy wrote: »
    I know of two households where one member tested positive but not the others. These are families so social distancing would not have been strictly observed in the home.

Oh no, the relative is in a different household. She had to get a test because she had a hospital appointment coming up and had a headache and a sore throat.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭bloopy

Oh no, the relative is in a different household. She had to get a test because she had a hospital appointment coming up and had a headache and a sore throat.

:)

Ah. My mistake.

Ah. My mistake.

All gravy!

It's still a bit of a mystery but often down to the levels of contact, the level of infectiousness and the amount of virus being shed. It could also be down to how individual immune systems deal with COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Why wait until then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Agree its too negative. People need to stop looking for bad news too tbf. Outraged by anything also which is a problem. Vaccine working very well in Israel and numbers are decreasing at a rapid rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Hi all,

I got a notification of being a close contact via the Covid app yesterday afternoon. It says I will hear from the HSE via a text but nothing yet. I'm aware that close contact testing is still off the table.

So for anyone who has received the notification, what did you do? I have to restrict movements for 14 days after the date on the notification that I was in close contact with this person but did anyone receive correspondence from the HSE after you got the notification?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement