Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Compared to previous Thursdays one can see the progress made.

21/1 - 11.8%
    14/1 - 16%
    7/1 - 22.7%

Yup still very good progress in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

we're doing fine.

541213.JPG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Documents need to be signed in person apparently. Also trying to get it signed asap, so didn't ask about getting them couriered, as it would add a few days onto it. Will see if the bank can give me confirmation of the requirement, and if not, hope the guards are reasonable (which they usually are tbf).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    NPHET concerns over maintaining level of virus suppression

NPHET has told the Government that it will become increasingly difficult to maintain the level of suppression of Covid-19 that has been achieved since the New Year.

In its letter to Stephen Donnelly on 21 January, NPHET said the country remains in a very vulnerable position despite great progress in recent weeks.

It warned that "we will all find it challenging to maintain the very low levels of social contact and adherence to social distancing and hygiene measures required to maintain suppression".

The letter said it is likely that the effective reproduction number will drift upwards in the coming weeks.

It also forecast that the variant will become increasingly dominant over the next 3-6 weeks and this will drive up the reproduction number.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0128/1193658-nphet-letter/

That's part of the reason why lockdowns are meant to be short term not months and months

Very hard to maintain

What's the hidden message here?

Reading between the lines, restrictions at this level won't work long term...so no further restrictions but no letting up of restrictions either?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Elessar wrote: »
    What's the hidden message here?

Reading between the lines, restrictions at this level won't work long term...so no further restrictions but no letting up of restrictions either?
    There is none. It's just informational and a very predictable scenario which should inform the 4-6 week review. The government will be hoping for cases in the low 100s so that we can get Level 4. whatever in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Kiith wrote: »
    Documents need to be signed in person apparently. Also trying to get it signed asap, so didn't ask about getting them couriered, as it would add a few days onto it. Will see if the bank can give me confirmation of the requirement, and if not, hope the guards are reasonable (which they usually are tbf).

Get the request in an email from the bank and then explain to Gardai. You will have absolutely no problem. Show the email if pushed. The Gardai are looking for the obvious messers and those folks tend to be fairly obvious. Don't bring the wife and kids ;) Or the skis/fishing rods.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

1586 positive swabs, 7.3% positivity on 21,712 tests

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    1586 positive swabs, 7.3% positivity on 21,712 tests

Still very high :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I see mention of a target of 700k vaccines administered by end of March, and that opposition are concerned that won't be met.

But wasn't it previously said that we would be administering 100k per week starting in beginning of Feb?
    That should result in at least 960k done by end of March since we've already done 160k so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

accensi0n wrote: »
    I see mention of a target of 700k vaccines administered by end of March, and that opposition are concerned that won't be met.

But wasn't it previously said that we would be administering 100k per week starting in beginning of Feb?
    That should result in at least 960k done by end of March since we've already done 160k so far.

We won't have 700k vaccinated in q1. No where close. Astra Zenaca problems.

The target was 700k people or 1.4 million doses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

And this is not going to help at all! https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0128/1193545-virus-vaccine/

Will be interesting what the EMA has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

The 700,000 target is heavily reliant on the previously confirmed numbers of the AZ vaccine coming through (due middle of Feb). Negotiations are ongoing as to the amount we'll actually receive!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Accidentally

tigger123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can form a support bubble with someone in another county? Am thinking of elder parents.

Yes you can, as long as you meet the criteria.

The recommendation is to try to have the bubble within 5k, but the law will allow you to travel as far as you need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The year is 2121, Ireland finally emerges from lockdown after a successful rollout of the vaccine program but some restrictions remain incase of new variants. ;-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Get the request in an email from the bank and then explain to Gardai. You will have absolutely no problem. Show the email if pushed. The Gardai are looking for the obvious messers and those folks tend to be fairly obvious. Don't bring the wife and kids ;) Or the skis/fishing rods.

Called the Garda station there, and was told that it should...but only should...be fine. He said he wouldn't stop me if it was him, but someone else might turn around...so kind of helpful i guess. I can't get anything to say specifically i need to sign the loan documents before i have to leave in the morning, but said i'd be able to show other email correspondence to show the application is approved.

I'll leave the clubs at home as well :)

The year is 2121, Ireland finally emerges from lockdown after a successful rollout of the vaccine program but some restrictions remain incase of new variants. ;-)

We wont be able to say that we are done with restrictions until Coppers is open. I don't see that this year tbh

(I wouldn’t be even 100% sure about 2022 given how expectations are constantly pushed back)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭accensi0n

The target was 700k people or 1.4 million doses.

I have another question then. Why did we have a target of 1.4 million doses, when it was reported that we would be administering just 100k per week... ?

I guess the plan was to ramp up even further from 100k? But don't remember reading that.

I have another question then. Why did we have a target of 1.4 million doses, when it was reported that we would be administering just 100k per week... ?

I guess the plan was to ramp up even further from 100k? But don't remember reading that.

The Plan was based on getting about 850,000 doses of AZ, Combined with around 480,000 Pfizer and about 120,000 Moderna. We were meant to be at 200k doses a week by March.

The plan was 600k doses of Oxford Astra Zenaca and 800k of Pfizer and Moderna doses.

So the Astra Zenaca would have grown from 50k a week in early February to about 150k in late March.

I know Moderna is supposed to ramp up at some point. Atm we are getting about 6k doses a week but it's supposed to get a lot higher. I think I saw 30k a week by March.

We got very little Pfizer this week so production could be increased. Not sure how high it was to get to.

What's the plan with press briefing today? Is it scheduled for 5:30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭techdiver

What amazes me is we heard all the platitudes that the vaccine was being manufactured in parallel to the trials to we would be able to "hit the ground running" once approvals happened. Seems this was complete bull**** and never happened. Considering the cost to the global economy I can't fathom how governments of the world did nothing to address this over the last year. There should have been an unlimited war chest of money available to aid the manufacturing. If complete facilities needed to be built then so be it. Astonishing ineptitude. The cost would have been a drop in the ocean compared to the economic damage being done.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What's the plan with press briefing today?

Generally....concern....that's the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Kiith wrote: »
    Called the Garda station there, and was told that it should...but only should...be fine. He said he wouldn't stop me if it was him, but someone else might turn around...so kind of helpful i guess. I can't get anything to say specifically i need to sign the loan documents before i have to leave in the morning, but said i'd be able to show other email correspondence to show the application is approved.

I'll leave the clubs at home as well :)

Your bank doesn't have a branch in Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,798 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

What's the plan with press briefing today? Is it scheduled for 5:30?

Yup

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

techdiver wrote: »
    What amazes me is we heard all the platitudes that the vaccine was being manufactured in parallel to the trials to we would be able to "hit the ground running" once approvals happened. Seems this was complete bull**** and never happened. Considering the cost to the global economy I can't fathom how governments of the world did nothing to address this over the last year. There should have been an unlimited war chest of money available to aid the manufacturing. If complete facilities needed to be built then so be it. Astonishing ineptitude. The cost would have been a drop in the ocean compared to the economic damage being done.

Indeed. If half the money invested in paying people to sit at home and gaze at the walls endlessly we could have quite a lot of vaccines made before approval/completion of trials.

AstraZeneca said 100m before end of 2020 - appears to have been complete horseshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

Second dose vaccine received. Exactly to schedule. Virtual cartwheel!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,798 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

1466 cases
    47 deaths

TV3 going on about an increase in cases again

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

majcos wrote: »
    Second dose vaccine received. Exactly to schedule. Virtual cartwheel!

Fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,420 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    1466 cases
    47 deaths

TV3 going on about an increase in cases again

was reading one of the donegal local rags yesterday and cases went from 38 to 48 and was reported as "sharp rise on yesterday"

despite the fact that the 14 day for donegal is 656.4, below the national average and probably half what it was a week ago.

to be honest i cant watch the news anymore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement