Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

Luke O'Neill is a pest.

It's a combination of his very weird and off-putting features, him saying not to wear masks on TV at the start, his creepy grin and inappropriate smiling and chuckling. It's a reflex the way I detest him, he's abhorrent.

I do listen to his Pat Kenny segment occasionally when I'm out for a walk in the mornings and I've never learned anything from it, it's for dopes who are clueless about everything and gullible enough to believe that things will be grand even in the face of all reasonable evidence.

But of course I see the appeal of somebody with a science background going "things are fine". I just don't buy in to the self-deception. The irony of how unsettling-looking the person selected to deliver these falsehoods is isn't lost on me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not sure if has this already been posted. Could be about managing expectations. Hopefully J and J gets approved soon so can things ramped up.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40217156.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not sure if has this already been posted. Could be about managing expectations. Hopefully J and J gets approved soon so can things ramped up.

So 300,000 doses will cause a three month delay?

No doubt that delay will be used for more restrictions

Martins managing expectations recently is more like hitting hope over the head with a sledgehammer

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Wow.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-daughter-of-first-uk-victim-questions-when-coronavirus-arrived-in-the-country-12203040

I have had my suspicions for months now and the more research i look at the more convinced i am lots of people had this virus last Xmas (2019) Our workplace was absolutely ravaged with people out sick around the turn of the year 2019-2020 one of them being myself with several of the symptoms present. Honestly never been that sick in my life and had issues with by breathing for the whole of January.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Luke O'Neill is a pest.

It's a combination of his very weird and off-putting features, him saying not to wear masks on TV at the start, his creepy grin and inappropriate smiling and chuckling. It's a reflex the way I detest him, he's abhorrent.

I do listen to his Pat Kenny segment occasionally when I'm out for a walk in the mornings and I've never learned anything from it, it's for dopes who are clueless about everything and gullible enough to believe that things will be grand even in the face of all reasonable evidence.

But of course I see the appeal of somebody with a science background going "things are fine". I just don't buy in to the self-deception. The irony of how unsettling-looking the person selected to deliver these falsehoods is isn't lost on me either.

Luke O'Neill is glib, talks with a perma smirk, 'it'll be grand attitude', loves the limelight. Him singing and having a ball on NYE tv when 1,000 deaths were coming and the virus rampant was nauseating. Of course he has a book to plug too.

2 people few new pre pandemic were O'Neill and Holohan. Holohan has been consistent and shows genuine concern for public health.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

frank8211 wrote: »

No it doesn't and it never really has.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

lol Luke O'Neil shows a semblance of positivity and gets abused on here. Back to **** over RTE's indefinite misery so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9203279/Government-estimates-220-000-true-death-toll-pandemic.html

UK is now predicted to see 46,000 excess non-covid deaths due to pressure on healthcare system from COVID, this is exactly the kind of knock on effect of uncontrolled covid transmission that experts have long warned of which the 'muh low death rate' crowd have always brushed off

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

frank8211 wrote: »

What exactly are they doing wrong in that clip ? I see people spread out along the path clapping and a bride and groom in a carraige and two cars behind that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    So 300,000 doses will cause a three month delay?

No doubt that delay will be used for more restrictions

Martins managing expectations recently is more like hitting hope over the head with a sledgehammer

Kinda funny when I think Denmark announced they would have a certain % vaccinated at a specific time and the government here indicated it would be a slower/cautious roll out, so many were giving out.
    So looking back the government were right to temper expectations as any roll out plan can be severely hampered by production delays.

Just because a country says they will have x vaccinated by a certain date, doesn't mean they will. I think the government here had been more modest from the start with the rollout expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Wow.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-daughter-of-first-uk-victim-questions-when-coronavirus-arrived-in-the-country-12203040

I have had my suspicions for months now and the more research i look at the more convinced i am lots of people had this virus last Xmas (2019) Our workplace was absolutely ravaged with people out sick around the turn of the year 2019-2020 one of them being myself with several of the symptoms present. Honestly never been that sick in my life and had issues with by breathing for the whole of January.

You think Luke O'Neill is a nutty professor yet you're convinced by what Jane Buckland has to say.:rolleyes:

AdamD wrote: »
    lol Luke O'Neil shows a semblance of positivity and gets abused on here. Back to **** over RTE's indefinite misery so

It's not positivity.. he bullsh*ts us with a smirk. I'm very positive but can't stand him!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Eivor

Arduach wrote: »
    Holohan has been consistent and shows genuine concern for public health.

Just not when the public health concern is cervical cancer

Eivor wrote: »

I'm discussing Covid here, and his performance on that, that's the thread.

Cervical cancer is another topic and yes he has questions to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I have seen it done, making cultures.

Use a safety cabinet you don't smell anything, as it sucks sucks the smell into the filter. Just a bit unsightly.

Biological-Safety-Cabinet.jpg

Still its a crap job no matter how you look at it.

Looks like a load of shyte to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

seamus wrote: »
    It's pretty clear I'm only talking about people who refuse it and would otherwise have no medical reason to.
    Where being vaccinated is a requirement for someone's job and they are unable to obtain the vaccine, they will at least need to tell their employer of this fact. They don't have to disclose specifically what the issue is, but they will need to confirm their medical exemption.

Privacy is not absolute. There always has to be balance between the privacy of the individual and the safety of others.

The broader issue of Privacy,and one's entitlement to it will shortly be brought to the fore in the Courts.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/state-set-to-lose-european-court-case-over-graham-dwyer-s-mobile-phone-records-1.4410016
    The rulings have led to concern among Irish prosecutors. “It seems the European Court of Justice has decided that retention of data must only take place in very considered circumstances and only where there is a level of proof already,”

One thing is now certain,the deciding of the issues will NOT be taking place on Boards.ie.....:(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Eod100 wrote: »

Ah the usual under promise and over delvier, big pat on the back when its done before then.

Sure not long ago only in November he said there wouldn't be a vaccine potentially until late 2021, so yeah truck load of salt

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Eivor wrote: »
    Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

1387 swabs
    6.64% positivity rate

• Advertisement

1387 swabs
    6.64% positivity rate

Decent figure and good positivity rate

Last Saturday was 1926

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Another day of downward trajectory positives and positivity rate on those swabs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

polesheep wrote: »
    You think Luke O'Neill is a nutty professor yet you're convinced by what Jane Buckland has to say.:rolleyes:
    That sky article raised a point that IS fact - earliest covid death found in the UK occured on January 30th. China notifying the WHO earlier in the month that it was not responsible for human-to-human transmission was grossly negligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ongarite

Has close contact testing resumed and reflected in today's figures?

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Another day of downward trajectory positives and positivity rate on those swabs

Great to see

Lets keep it going

Had to pick up some stuff from work at passed Galway test centre at Carnmore airport. In the past few days they have removed all traffic bollards being used to control the queues of traffic going for test. Taking it as a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ongarite wrote: »
    Has close contact testing resumed and reflected in today's figures?
    It only started back yesterday, so probably no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

541486.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Great to see

Lets keep it going
    At this downward rate in a week cases/swabs below 1000 and positivity rate below 5% I think at that threshold genuine optimism can kick in that we will get this virus to low levels again

• Advertisement

Ohmeha wrote: »
    At this downward rate in a week cases/swabs below 1000 and positivity rate below 5% I think at that threshold genuine optimism can kick in that we will get this virus to low levels again

That would be great to see :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement