Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

petes wrote: »
    You think there was 79 deaths in ICU in the last 24 hours?

Did you do set theory at school?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

It's been reported that numbers are down in ICU. Yeah, with 79 deaths, that was kind of expected.

Numbers in icu this morning is 2 up on yesterday.

213 in icu this morning. 211 yesterday morning.

Numbers in icu are up atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Numbers in icu this morning is 2 up on yesterday.

213 in icu this morning. 211 yesterday morning.

Numbers in icu are up atm.

RTE said the numbers were slightly down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

30-01-2021-p1.jpg
    30-01-2021-p2.jpg
    30-01-2021-p3.jpg
    30-01-2021-p4.jpg
    30-01-2021-p5.jpg
    30-01-2021-p6.jpg
    30-01-2021-p7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭StevenToast

petes wrote: »
    How many cases were reported last Saturday?

Do you honestly have a clue as to what's going on or do you just post this ****e to antagonise people?

Not trying to antagonise people but ive clearly annoyed you!

Very sad to see so many deaths every day and case numbers remaining static over the last week...

No end in sight to this...maybe i should just go away and pretend everything is ok.....

Would that make you feel better?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

Very sad to see so many deaths every day and case numbers remaining static over the last week...

No end in sight to this...maybe i should just away and pretend everything is ok.....

Numbers are not static though - maybe if you stated facts that would be a starting point..

Compare 7 day average today to last week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Numbers not improving....a long february and march ahead...

Crazy stuff out and about in fairness. Loads of people meeting up and on the move. Enforcement a joke as per its been since day one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

Are close contacts who are asymptomatic getting tested yet?

Numbers are thoroughly inaccurate and basically pointless as an indicator of the spread of this without testing people who are likely to have been exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Are close contacts who are asymptomatic getting tested yet?

Numbers are thoroughly inaccurate and basically pointless as an indicator of the spread of this without testing people who are likely to have been exposed.

They are being tested from today on, so won't be reflected in the numbers yet

When you say the numbers are "thoroughly inaccurate", can you back that up with any Maths?

By my reckoning, with 15% of close contacts testing positive, 2.5 close contacts per person, and 30% of close contacts being asymptomatic, that's about 150 extra cases. And that ignores the fact that GPs are referring anyone who asks for a test. So it's extra cases but not dramatically more.

If you're comparing our rates of infection with other countries in the EU, I can't establish what other countries do in relation to testing asymptomatic close contacts. But the UK, for example, do not test asymptomatic close contacts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I know it only seems like numbers on a screen but if you visualise 79 people standing in front of you or even worse a 1000 it would be shocking to see they all died today and over the month because of this

RIP to them all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I know some people don't mind them but I found the nasal swab extremely difficult.
    If given the choice I'd probably give the anal one a shot.

I know it only seems like numbers on a screen but if you visualise 79 people standing in front of you or even worse a 1000 it would be shocking to see they all died today and over the month because of this

RIP to them all

6 weeks ago,people would have been horrified at 1400 cases a day

No mind a 1000 deaths in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

RTE said the numbers were slightly down.

Well they were wrong.

Or they were looking at some other time period.

Or maybe talking about total (Including non covid) icu numbers.

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/hospitals-icu--testing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

No end in sight to this...maybe i should just go away and pretend everything is ok.....

Take a lot more to annoy me. You still have no clue as to what's currently happening. Numbers are not static.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

blade1 wrote: »
    I know some people don't mind them but I found the nasal swab extremely difficult.
    If given the choice I'd probably give the anal one a shot.

Not sure I'd ever get over the embarrassment of an anal swab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Well they were wrong.

Or they were looking at some other time period.

Or maybe talking about total (Including non covid) icu numbers.

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/hospitals-icu--testing

In fairness I can forgive them a bit when you're talking about 1 or 2 ICU cases across every hospital in Ireland, especially given that the information can change at any given moment. In the time it takes for the information to be gathered and published it could already be inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Not sure I'd ever get over the embarrassment of an anal swab.

Embarrassed?
    Why at all?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

blade1 wrote: »
    Embarrassed?
    Why at all?

I suppose it depends what you have up your bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

RIP to them all

At this stage I have detached from this, I do and did everything that was required, I did not cause or influence this so no... I am not shocked. None of my family or friends (who all did the right thing ) have been sick,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Aw seriously, as bad as the nasal swab is (I didn’t find it that bad), but 2021 can fook right off of I’m dropping my knickers in a test center for an anal swab!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭political analyst

Polar101 wrote: »
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Nothing was known about the virus at first. And it doesn't help if the first source of information was the Chinese government.

But it was known at that stage that it was a coronavirus, wasn't it? :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I am not shocked. None of my family or friends (who all did the right thing ) have been sick,

Point of order. Many/most people who have been sick, or have died, did not do the 'wrong thing'! Your post is a little sanctimonious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

pc7 wrote: »
    Aw seriously, as bad as the nasal swab is (I didn’t find it that bad), but 2021 can fook right off of I’m dropping my knickers in a test center for an anal swab!!

Lol can just imagine asking our staff to do just that and then having to go back to work with them all as normal:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

RIP to them all

Its very sad. Think in a way we have become a bit desensitized to the high level of deaths over last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Sat 30 - 1414
    Fri 29 - 1247
    Thr 28 - 1463
    Wed 27 - 1331
    Tue 26 - 926
    Mon 25 - 1396
    Sun 24 - 1370
    7 day average 1302

Sat 23 - 1905
    Fri 22 - 2357
    Thr 21 - 2598
    Wed 20 - 2485
    Tue 19 - 1996
    Mon 18 - 2117
    Sun 17 - 2946
    7 day average 2343

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Kind regards,
    Ben Dover.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

At this stage I have detached from this, I do and did everything that was required, I did not cause or influence this so no... I am not shocked. None of my family or friends (who all did the right thing ) have been sick,

You do realise that even people who did the "right" things can still be infected by an airborne virus, right?

The moralising and judgement around this virus from some is ridiculous. Its almost as bad as AIDS was at the time. Some people should be ashamed of themselves tbh

That's the bottom line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Polar101

Maybe the new form of testing could be reserved for the people who thought the existing tests weren't accurate enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement