Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low bathroom tap pressure

Options
  • 25-01-2021 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm recently having issues with low pressure in the bathroom sink whereby the cold tap came has now come to a crawl. Unfortunately, the hot tap hasn't worked as it should in over 2 years but I've been too lazy to attempt to fix it. Anyway, I've just opened the hot press and began turning a number of valves while keeping both the hot and cold taps opened and guess what, the cold tap is back working as it should!

My issue now is that I'd like to fix the hot tap and have taken some pictures of what I'm dealing with. I've marked each valve and valve handle out to assist.

So in image 1, when I turned the valve on the light all the way anti-clockwise, the cold tap began to flow more freely. The valve on the right made no difference to the hot tap.

Image 2 contains all other valves/valve handes (apologies, I'm unsure of the correct terminology). Image 3 is similar to image 2.

I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me what position I should have each valve/handle in to get the hot tap going again.

Thanks all :)

Advertisement