Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use back boiler on open fire place

Options
  • 26-01-2021 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I recently moved into a student house and today I found a fused spur switch in our living room which when turned on created a humming noise which lead us to finding a pump beside the fire place. We believe this is a back boiler and we have been lighting fires in the fire place and the chimney got cleaned 3 weeks ago so we are excited at the prospect of being able to heat the whole house. We tired turning on the fused spur switch a while after lighting the fire and the pump by the fire got warm but none of the radiators heated, is there something we did wrong or can try? any advice is welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

falov91066 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I recently moved into a student house and today I found a fused spur switch in our living room which when turned on created a humming noise which lead us to finding a pump beside the fire place. We believe this is a back boiler and we have been lighting fires in the fire place and the chimney got cleaned 3 weeks ago so we are excited at the prospect of being able to heat the whole house. We tired turning on the fused spur switch a while after lighting the fire and the pump by the fire got warm but none of the radiators heated, is there something we did wrong or can try? any advice is welcomed

Would need to see photos of the pipework and fireplace to determine what's going on.
    Also a picture of the hotpress.

Advertisement