Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Post service for sending items outside Ireland (including GB and NI)

Options
  • 26-01-2021 12:43am

Hi folks.

I have a jersey business which I established in 2019. My packets are generally small, flat and light (one item typically)

Up to recently, I've been using An Post, but the farce over Christmas has pushed me into using Parcelmotel for ROI deliveries (which I've found absolutely great so far), however, i would love to ditch An Post completely and use something similar to PM for overseas and UK deliveries (including NI). PM used to send to GB and NI but have stopped since Brexit.

The only affordable service which ive been able to use to date has been An Post Standard for overseas. In terms of getting the customers to purchase, its expensive to go any higher. However, there is a risk attached to standard Post as im sure i don't need to explain to most of you.

Id like to hear others experience.

Most of my packets are sent within ROI and Parcelmotel has been fantastic and pretty affordable. What would be a good equivalent for international shipping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kik4444

Would love to know the same. Just starting a small home business as a side hustle and would like to automate shipping if possible straight from Shopify store so i can print shipping labels and dropping all orders daily to couriers or an post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The problem with an post is they use airmail just like most other postal services around the world.

With flights severely curtailed, it is the slowest delivery service for outside of Ireland. Not their fault, just how it is for all air delivery services.

If looking just at Europe, DPD or GLS are your main options, but rates will be €12-€15 assuming you have some decent volume.

Advertisement