Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self monitoring home alarm recommendations.

Options
  • 26-01-2021 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, Im looking for some advice please. I'm looking to get a new self monitored alarm system monitored via an app. It can be wired or wireless as I have an existing wired alarm.
    Would also like 2 external cameras and a touch pad that can also be armed / disarmed via a key fob if they're still a thing. Probably only get the windows and doors on the ground floor done and a motion detector on the landing.
    Really appreciate your opinions and advice on what I should definitely get or not bother getting.
    I live in Cabinteely in Dublin.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Do you want to install it yourself?
    If so, just get an Ajax alarm. Plenty of details on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrKav

I'd prefer not to install it myself. Can anyone recommend an installer that won't insist on monitoring contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

DrKav wrote: »
    I'd prefer not to install it myself. Can anyone recommend an installer that won't insist on monitoring contracts?

You might be a while waiting on a professional installer as we have been advised by The Private Security Authority that we are not to work in domestic dwellings in which people live until after level 5 restrictions have eased.
    We are only allowed in the event of an emergency.

At least you have time on your hands in that regard at least, as you already have a system then i would suggest that you upgrade your control panel and get a licensed company to thoroughly check out your existing system for any dodgy devices which might act up when connected to the new panel.

I would recommend that you give HKC's systems a serious consideration, in a domestic sphere they certainly tick all the boxes. Ps they are a manufacturer based in Dublin as opposed to an installation company.

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/

Advertisement