Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new online 365 app

Options
  • 26-01-2021 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭

Went to log into boi 365 and now failed on a windows 10 pc and dont use phone for banking.
    Play store lists 2 apps  mobile and tablet but no mention of desktops use.

I have got texts from boi with pin security,but failing to use on desktop now because of this new app needed. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

greasepalm wrote: »
    Went to log into boi 365 and now failed on a windows 10 pc and dont use phone for banking.
    Play store lists 2 apps  mobile and tablet but no mention of desktops use.

I have got texts from boi with pin security,but failing to use on desktop now because of this new app needed. Cheers.
    Hi greasepalm,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're having difficulty logging on. 

Can you please let us know what's happening when you try to log on to the desktop site? Are you getting any error messages and can you let us know what browser you're using? 

If you go to your app store and search Bank of Ireland Mobile this will bring you to our Mobile App. 

Thanks, 
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ok entered login details and pin and wanted security authorization and to swipe to accept first 3 times it did not work and a message This Sca notification has timed out? But 4th time i got access on pc lol/Maybe its my new phone?Cheers.

Got in and cannot pay a bill error and why have the timeouts so short:mad::mad:

Ok entered login details and pin and wanted security authorization and to swipe to accept first 3 times it did not work and a message This Sca notification has timed out? But 4th time i got access on pc lol/Maybe its my new phone?Cheers.

Sorry to hear you're still having difficulty with this. There is also an option on the mobile app log in screen 'Added online security' and this can be used instead of receiving a push notification. We will ensure to pass on your feedback regarding the messages timing out. 

Thanks, 
    Tara

Quick one my saved boi link on w.10 desktop now does nothing as in only a white page?? and reloaded another tab and its the same??

https://www.365online.com/Digital/servletcontroller ?? not sure if i have seen that before as link would always work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Few threads on this by now, even inBank of Ireland talk to,

They wont admit, they utterly messed up and thats putting it mildly.
    They just assumed everyone was glued to their smartphones, even at that the updated BOI did not work for me,
    Rollout, implementation, communication, all poor.
    They barely even bother to respond in a way that would fix a problem in one answer.
    Its like being answered by a child that is distracted by something else that has their attention.

• Advertisement

I prefare the bigger screen than using mobile as work pc beside me has more protection on it to be safer but very very slow to load a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Quick one my saved boi link on w.10 desktop now does nothing as in only a white page?? and reloaded another tab and its the same??

https://www.365online.com/Digital/servletcontroller ?? not sure if i have seen that before as link would always work.
    Hi Greasepalm,

Can we ask you to try log in on here to see if this works? We have recently updated our 365 site and this is likely why you are unable to log in from a saved link. Can we also ask you to ensure that this is the only 365 tab that is open when you click into this link?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Just clicked on my pc saved link and now loads the page,maybe it was a technical fault you had.Cheers.

Yes your link works also.:D

Back on Desktop bloody timeout is a pain in the arse.It needs more time added as we al dont have perfect VISION and takes us longer Thanks.

Another thing on mobile how to log out of account as i dont see an option to click?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Another thing on mobile how to log out of account as i dont see an option to click?
    The little face icon at top right of screen I think from recollection earlier this evening.

Perfect that brings me to logout page.Cheers.

Any update of adding time so you wont get logged out time and time again as i have to wait for notification enter pin to switch on phone access and try to get to app to approve then pc logs you out.Cheers.

Any update of adding time so you wont get logged out time and time again as i have to wait for notification enter pin to switch on phone access and try to get to app to approve then pc logs you out.Cheers.
    Hi greasepalm,

Thanks for getting back to us.

When logging in on desktop we would recommend that you have your phone to hand with the screen unlocked so you can access the notification as soon as it is received. We have not been advised of any plans to change the length of time the notification is valid for but have passed on your feedback about this. 

Thanks
    Tara

Only issue with my phone is it goes into auto lock when screen goes blank hence why added time is always better.Cheers.
    I have had phone on table open and awaiting login and it still logs out.

Only issue with my phone is it goes into auto lock when screen goes blank hence why added time is always better.Cheers.
    I have had phone on table open and awaiting login and it still logs out.
    Thanks for getting back to us greasepalm. Can I check, is it your desktop log in that's logging out or the Mobile App? 

Thanks
    Tara

Desktop pc on W10

Desktop pc on W10
    Thanks for the additional information greasepalm. We'll pass on your experience with this process to our colleagues for consideration with any further changes.

Thanks again,
    Tara

Advertisement