Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Professional Master of Education

• 26-01-2021 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. I have many questions about the Professional Master course at University of Limerick. Nobody knows what happens with COVID in the next months but I have to make a decision soon.

-Is the Limerick program similar to the NUI? Is one better than the other?
    -What is the deadline for applications? (I can't find this on the website)
    -What is the Teaching experience like?

Any answers would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭starstothesun

abdul98 wrote: »
    Hi. I have many questions about the Professional Master course at University of Limerick. Nobody knows what happens with COVID in the next months but I have to make a decision soon.

-Is the Limerick program similar to the NUI? Is one better than the other?
    -What is the deadline for applications? (I can't find this on the website)
    -What is the Teaching experience like?

Any answers would be appreciated!

Thank you.

I’m similar to you applying for the PME - info is very limited on the UL website - it appears applications open until 1st july, but then another area on the website says early interviews beginning in March. I contacted them regarding closing date but haven’t heard anything. I’m aiming to have application put in by 31/01/2021 the same date as the NUI s.
    UL is an excellent college i’ve completed studies there before. From what i’ve read on other threads loads of recommendations for UCC if you live at that end of the country and apparently Maynooth highly regarded too.
    From research i’ve done, UL work placement is in blocks, whereas UCC is continuous throughout the year as is Maynooth. Nui Galway does block placement. Also i’m considering applying for Hibernia (block placement too)
    what subject stream are you? I’m business

• Registered Users Posts: 5 abdul98

I’m similar to you applying for the PME - info is very limited on the UL website - it appears applications open until 1st july, but then another area on the website says early interviews beginning in March. I contacted them regarding closing date but haven’t heard anything. I’m aiming to have application put in by 31/01/2021 the same date as the NUI s.
    UL is an excellent college i’ve completed studies there before. From what i’ve read on other threads loads of recommendations for UCC if you live at that end of the country and apparently Maynooth highly regarded too.
    From research i’ve done, UL work placement is in blocks, whereas UCC is continuous throughout the year as is Maynooth. Nui Galway does block placement. Also i’m considering applying for Hibernia (block placement too)
    what subject stream are you? I’m business

Thank you for the information!

I was confuse by the application process. It says 1st of July for Professional Master but this is impossible with interviews in spring. My subject stream is languages (only French).

Have you heard recommendations for the masters program in UL, or the university in general? I don't really know if it's better for me in NUI or Limerick. When I first came to France, the university spend months checking my qualifications. I don't think I have time for this, especially with the deadline mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johayes999

Just a general question on the PME (Primary). Does which college you choose (or the one that chooses you) matter in relation to employability afterwards. In other words would someone with a PME from Hibernia be equally considered by a school as someone with an NUI PME. I am not talking about the QQI level, but is there any snobbery within schools that might look down on Hibernia?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pollymv1

Hibernia isn't equally considered. The roles that grads go on are poorer, less related, less compensated and less respected.

It is seen as a 'buy your way in' avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ros7510

This is absolute bullsh*t 😊 but okay lol
    pollymv1 wrote: »
    Hibernia isn't equally considered. The roles that grads go on are poorer, less related, less compensated and less respected.

It is seen as a 'buy your way in' avenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 abdul98

LOL, sorry I cant contribute to this debate

Does anyone receive an email about interviews? Otherwise maybe I can still apply!

Advertisement