Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 21 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I need to ship out charlie taylor, my defenders have hard fixtures this week so ideally bring someone who plays this week and then is generally 4th choice.

Shopping in 4.5 basket, tempted to punt on rudigar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

POKERKING wrote: »
    I need to ship out charlie taylor, my defenders have hard fixtures this week so ideally bring someone who plays this week and then is generally 4th choice.

Shopping in 4.5 basket, tempted to punt on rudigar.

How about Targett? Attacking potential in a team that scores goals. Maybe even Coufal if you think that Liverpool can be held scoreless by West Ham sitting deep with 6 or 7 defensive players.

Looked at Rudiger myself. There is still that uncertainty around what system Chelsea will play under Tuchel.

I have Charlie Taylor & also Lowton. That game in GW23 is looking nicely set up for Burnley. I wonder if Taylor can be fit for that game with double Burnley defence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

bamford to DCL done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

bamford to DCL done

This the same DCL that hasn't scored in his last 6 games in the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Doing Bissouma to Son I think. Keep wood Watkins Bamford for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Kane off injured at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Benimar wrote: »
    Kane off injured at HT

Any indication how bad it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Any indication how bad it is?

Got a knock with about 10 mins to go, tried hobble on for 10 mins but didn't look comfortable and in bit pain, nothing serious but could be game or two wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was probably gonna bring Kane in this week, would be hard to do it now even if Mourinho declares him as possibly fit,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

If Kane is out the replacement options are pretty grim tbh....Vardy and Aguero injured, DCL and Firmino out of form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    Was probably gonna bring Kane in this week, would be hard to do it now even if Mourinho declares him as possibly fit,

Yeah they don't play until Sunday evening either so may not get an update before that. I was going to get him in too. Looking at DCL now but it'd be a fixture over form move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cartman78 wrote: »
    If Kane is out the replacement options are pretty grim tbh....Vardy and Aguero injured, DCL and Firmino out of form

Cheapen the **** out of your frontline and go huge in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rikand wrote: »
    Cheapen the **** out of your frontline and go huge in midfield

Because so many expensive mids are in form? oh wait nope...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Saw this on DCL:

"Period of decline largely coincided with the absence of Digne and Rodriguez who between them created 80% of Everton's big chances in the first nine weeks. In the first 9 gameweeks DCL was ranked 1st for shots on target and 2nd for big chances in the league."

Maybe it's not so much that he's been out of the form but that the creativity he was profiting from has been missing. Think he's worth a punt based on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Saw this on DCL:

"Period of decline largely coincided with the absence of Digne and Rodriguez who between them created 80% of Everton's big chances in the first nine weeks. In the first 9 gameweeks DCL was ranked 1st for shots on target and 2nd for big chances in the league."

Maybe it's not so much that he's been out of the form but that the creativity he was profiting from has been missing. Think he's worth a punt based on that.

Plus the extra games he has to play.

Saw this on DCL:

He only had an xG of 0.17 last night though so if there is a revival to come, last night was not the beginning of the green shoots.

It’s definitely a punt based on performances and form but there are much worse situations to punt on anyone in than Steve Bruce’s Newcastle at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

DCL has Newcastle next...this more than anything else has me thinking of him

dsmythy wrote: »
    Plus the extra games he has to play.

Just the one right? And they wouldn’t be odds on for an FA Cup game to be rescheduled given they play Spurs in the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

mectavba wrote: »
    DCL has Newcastle next...this more than anything else has me thinking of him

This is what I was thinking in getting Bamford back for this week.

Worked out less than optimally.

Likewise.

I didn't see anything of the Chelsea game, even the highlights.

Is it still premature to look at Werner as a punt? 0-0 isn't inspiring, but have also seen a few headlines that Chelsea looked improved.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Likewise.

I didn't see anything of the Chelsea game, even the highlights.

Is it still premature to look at Werner as a punt? 0-0 isn't inspiring, but have also seen a few headlines that Chelsea looked improved.

It’s in my mind too. But would I also like to take a punt on a Southampton or Everton striker and hope that they’re the team that gets an early Man City double? Unless something Tuchel says something promising in a press conference I won’t do it I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I might hold Kane. The plan was to strengthen defence anyways.

I benched Lacazette this week and missed his points but will start him next week while I give Kane time.

Or else move the money to midfield and bring in Salah who is looking dangerous again, that would be a -4 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

gammygils wrote: »
    And Bamford :( What a waste if a transfer he was
    Yeah I'll be selling him for Kane. Time to jump off the Leeds train altogether for a few weeks.

you may wish to rethink that transfer (hope you didn't put it through already)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

Tuchel started Giroud in his first match and there’s Abraham there too so Werner feels like an unnecessary risk right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Am I crazy to consider bringing in Richi for Kane this week, and thus doubling up with DCL (who I already have) vs a woeful Newcastle? Or just stick leave Kane on the bench and bringing in someone for the yellow-injured ESR?

Looking at the others contenders:

Jesus doesn't appeal for City
    None of the United strikers can be relied upon, maybe apart from Cavani
    No Vardy and it looks Kane
    Doubts whether Werner will start and a tough away game vs Burnley
    Lacazette perhaps, but think United might sneak that one.
    Firmino maybe, but is hot and cold.

Are people choosing DCL over Ings ?

Are people choosing DCL over Ings ?

I wouldn’t be mad on Ings right now. Villa are good defensively and it’s United after that who aren’t especially good defensively but will still probably dominate the game enough to limit the chances.

DCL has Newcastle and Leeds next who are 2nd and 4th worst for xgc.

Neither of them have much form to speak of (for different reasons) but the key difference for me would be that DCL probably wouldn’t actually have to play well to get returns. Ings is a better player and FPL asset but he will have to play well against those opponents if they’re not on an off day.

Am I crazy to consider bringing in Richi for Kane this week, and thus doubling up with DCL (who I already have) vs a woeful Newcastle? Or just stick leave Kane on the bench and bringing in someone for the yellow-injured ESR?

Looking at the others contenders:

Jesus doesn't appeal for City
    None of the United strikers can be relied upon, maybe apart from Cavani
    No Vardy and it looks Kane
    Doubts whether Werner will start and a tough away game vs Burnley
    Lacazette perhaps, but think United might sneak that one.
    Firmino maybe, but is hot and cold.

Richarlison was not a thought I had in my head....until now.

I wouldn’t be mad on Ings right now. Villa are good defensively and it’s United after that who aren’t especially good defensively but will still probably dominate the game enough to limit the chances.

DCL has Newcastle and Leeds next who are 2nd and 4th worst for xgc.

Neither of them have much form to speak of (for different reasons) but the key difference for me would be that DCL probably wouldn’t actually have to play well to get returns. Ings is a better player and FPL asset but he will have to play well against those opponents if they’re not on an off day.

Of the viabile forwards I don't have Watkins. Is he worth getting in this week? Not crazy on the next 2 fixtures though.

Have Bamford, Wood and Antonio.

Could also bench one of those for Saka and save transfer.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Of the viabile forwards I don't have Watkins. Is he worth getting in this week? Not crazy on the next 2 fixtures though.

Have Bamford, Wood and Antonio.

Could also bench one of those for Saka and save transfer.

We have tough fixtures but he is good.

Advertisement