Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 21 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FHFC wrote: »
    Of the viabile forwards I don't have Watkins. Is he worth getting in this week? Not crazy on the next 2 fixtures though.

Have Bamford, Wood and Antonio.

Could also bench one of those for Saka and save transfer.

Watkins has 2 in 2, and at some point will have a few DGW's so I think he is a viable option.

Antonia and Lacazette in decent form

Bamford's form isn't the worse - when you consider no one has a problem holding Salah, Bruno, KdB for weeks and weeks with no return, and it's only been 3 games with no return for him.

But other than that most other options are punts that may come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭touts

There isn't a single forward I want as a replacement to Kane. Not one I would look at and think he is reliable. Similarly with my midfield. I'm happy with Salah, Son, Bruno, Gunga and Grealish. There isn't a single fit player I would confidently bring in ahead of any of those. Sure Madison etc but at best it's 50/50 so why bother.

So my options are

Bench Kane for a couple of weeks and hope he comes back.

Or

Sell him for someone like Watkins and wildcard the money into defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

touts wrote: »
    There isn't a single forward I want as a replacement to Kane. Not one I would look at and think he is reliable. Similarly with my midfield. I'm happy with Salah, Son, Bruno,

It's a funny old game when your happy to spend 33m or one third of your starting budget on 3 players who have done little or nothing in their last 6 games

Salah no return in 6 games
    Son and Bruno both have 1 goal and 2 assist in 6 games

Folk dumping Bamford who costs nearly half some of their prices because he's not scored in the last 3 games for instance.

I think Pereira of West Brom is a decent punt - 3 goals in the DGW - they have some very favourable and must win games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's a funny old game when your happy to spend 33m or one third of your starting budget on 3 players who have done little or nothing in their last 6 games

Salah no return in 6 games
    Son and Bruno both have 1 goal and 2 assist in 6 games

Folk dumping Bamford who costs nearly half some of their prices because he's not scored in the last 3 games for instance.

I think Pereira of West Brom is a decent punt - 3 goals in the DGW - they have some very favourable and must win games coming up.

2 of the 3 goals were pens though.

I may just take a punt on Ricky for Kane or maybe Bobby for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

To be fair Salah scored 2 in the cup at the weekend and scored tonight again, albeit ruled out because someone else handled much earlier in the move.

Son also scored but was a fraction offside in the build up too. Son did take his goal well but he was totally anonymous without Kane in the second half.

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    To be fair Salah scored 2 in the cup at the weekend and scored tonight again, albeit ruled out because someone else handled much earlier in the move.

Son also scored but was a fraction offside in the build up too. Son did take his goal well but he was totally anonymous without Kane in the second half.

That's the worry with Son with no Kane. He has no one to give him the ball

What I'd give for a fit Aguero now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Fitz* wrote: »

Your point of Son in the 2nd half concerns me the most. I'm pretty sure Son's form nosedived the last time Kane was out injured so owning both of them is a real pain if he's out for the next while.

On the flip side, it is Brighton and Jose has form for this. I think he took Son off at HT in a game earlier this season due to an "injury". He was supposed to miss a few games so loads sold him and then after a miraculous recovery he started the next game and returned a monster score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Had planned on doing Wood to Kane this week but also looking at the below 2 options for -4.

Burke/Alisoki to Grealish/Chilwell Burke/Wood to Grealish/Watkins

Went with Burke/Alisoki to Grealish/Chilwell for a hit after the Kane injury last night. Will be playing 4-5-1 this wkd for the first time ever! Will do Wood to Watkins next week then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Gone off the son idea now with Kane possibly out.

Might go Salah to mane. Or wood to Antonio sideways. Or bank altogether... Gundogan captain next week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think Son became anonymous because Kane was out though. Before Liverpool went in front there was loads of space in behind which was where he did all his damage. When Liverpool were in front this was no longer the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Brought in Watkins and Sterling
    Moved on Kane and ESR
    -4 but Watkins double should hopefully offset that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Can't decide if I'm happier banking or taking a -12!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Already did DCL in for Bamford

No striker standing out to replace Kane so may bench him

2FT mid week swap with Mane or Salah and replace Kane with Watkins or Wood

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Sorry if this is wrong place but looking for help please,I went to make my wildcard this morning but accidentally pressed transfers button instead.. now I have a 32 point hit for this gameweek and just ruined my season.
    Any way out of this mess?

j timber wrote: »
    Sorry if this is wrong place but looking for help please,I went to make my wildcard this morning but accidentally pressed transfers button instead.. now I have a 32 point hit for this gameweek and just ruined my season.
    Any way out of this mess?

Press the wildcard button and negate the hits

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

COH wrote: »
    Press the wildcard button and negate the hits

So if I press wildcard the hits are gone. Thanks for your reply much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think Son became anonymous because Kane was out though. Before Liverpool went in front there was loads of space in behind which was where he did all his damage. When Liverpool were in front this was no longer the case.

Think kane occupies the defence by coming deep though which creates space. He's still going to be dangerous but I wonder how effective their system is without kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

mount to sterling and captained him.

watch this backfire like everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was all set for Brewster to Watkins but Kane's ankles falling apart has scuppered that.

Might look at DCL now that JamRod and Digne are back....maybe hold off on Watkins move til next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Have we all independently thought about DCL as an option in the past week and now all seem to be actively considering him?

Because I purposely left funds last GW to do Adams to DCL, therefore getting Stones over Cancelo....

Have we all independently thought about DCL as an option in the past week and now all seem to be actively considering him?

Because I purposely left funds last GW to do Adams to DCL, therefore getting Stones over Cancelo....

My thinking is that he's probably the least worst out of a shallow and unispiring pool of currently available forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

After no hits all season I've done my second in a row.

Breaking up with Leeds on believing the idea that Bielsa wrecks his teams early with his style of play and training.

Klich to Gundogan. Lots of games for an in form guy coming up. Can miss one or two without hurting.

Bamford to Lacazette. Feels like he's somehow found himself the forward with the best form. After everyone else has died of course but I'm putting some faith in even with the harder games. Hopefully DCL doesn't mock me for not getting him instead....

dsmythy wrote: »
    After no hits all season I've done my second in a row.

Breaking up with Leeds on believing the idea that Bielsa wrecks his teams early with his style of play and training.

Klich to Gundogan. Lots of games for an in form guy coming up. Can miss one or two without hurting.

Bamford to Lacazette. Feels like he's somehow found himself the forward with the best form. After everyone else has died of course but I'm putting some faith in even with the harder games. Hopefully DCL doesn't mock me for not getting him instead....

I'm torn between Lacca and DCL. I feel like I'll be let down regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Every podcast seem to be bigging him up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Is selling Bruno for Mane a bad idea?

Say just for this gw even? Arsenal have improved dramatically while Bruno has sort of faded away with pogba roaming around.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Also as a separate question

would you pick

Mane, Watkins, Rudiger

or

Grealish, Ings, Chillwell

?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

would you pick

Mane, Watkins, Rudiger

or

?

I'd probably go the latter 3.

If Chelsea keep a CS, they get the same points but Chilwell has the added attacking value. Chilwell is a lot more nailed than Rudiger in multiple formations too.

If Watkins is going to score points, there's a high chance that Grealish will be involved in it o assist points there.

Mane was very 50/50 last night. Terrible first half especially in play, missed a few sitters. But then comes out with 1 G & 1 A. I think he set up Salah's disallowed goal too. This could kick him back into form maybe after a poor run. Hasn't been the best FF asset this season. Personally, I'd have Salah over Mane for FF if you can afford him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Kane/Shaw to DCL/Chilwell for a hit.
    Kane probably gonna miss 4-5 games min. Shaw got a rest but Utd look all at sea at the back. Chilwell playing in a new LWB role likely for attacking points.

Loathe taking a hit, but I put it down to a bit of bad luck only just bringing Kane in on my WC and getting 45 mins out of him. Hopefully it more than covers a -4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

would you pick

Mane, Watkins, Rudiger

or

?

I'd go with the second 3, will score more in the long term I feel.

Advertisement