Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 21 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Think kane occupies the defence by coming deep though which creates space. He's still going to be dangerous but I wonder how effective their system is without kane.

Well it goes without saying how linked they’ve been, but I thought the Liverpool goal was the turning point for the amount of space in behind more than Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Brought in Watkins and Sterling
    Moved on Kane and ESR
    -4 but Watkins double should hopefully offset that.

when is this villa double ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Can buy any defender as I have 10 to spend. Looking at Lamptey -> James/Chilwell / Cancelo / TAA

Is selecting James over Chilwell cheating a bit by trying to get in the cheaper option for the same CS points? There is the risk of not starting also though. I'd probably pick Chilwell. Currently don't have any Chelsea.

I have Stones already so doubling up on Man City defence is possible but I kind of want to keep a Man City spot for Ederson for their doubles whenever they happen.

The other option is TAA back on the radar as he has started to look a lot better in the last couple games. Probably too soon though and the added injuries to Liverpool make CS less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Fitz* wrote: »
    Can buy any defender as I have 10 to spend. Looking at Lamptey -> James/Chilwell / Cancelo / TAA

Is selecting James over Chilwell cheating a bit by trying to get in the cheaper option for the same CS points? There is the risk of not starting also though. I'd probably pick Chilwell. Currently don't have any Chelsea.

I have Stones already so doubling up on Man City defence is possible but I kind of want to keep a Man City spot for Ederson for their doubles whenever they happen.

The other option is TAA back on the radar as he has started to look a lot better in the last couple games. Probably too soon though and the added injuries to Liverpool make CS less likely.

Chilwell could be the safer bet. James didn't play in Tuchels first game and Hudson - Odoi was playes as RWB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

You've plenty cash, go Chilwell. More nailed and better attacking potential IMO. Cancelo the other option for City at the back for me.

• Advertisement

Chillwell it is then!

Beware Alonso with this WB system though. While Chilwell is the better player he is not a WB by trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Martinez, Johnstone
    Dias, Chilwell, Taylor, Dallas, Coufal
    Salah, Fernandes, Grealish, Barnes, Gundogan
    Bamford, Wood, Antonio

5.9m ITB

My move here is Taylor to Cancelo, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Benimar wrote: »
    Martinez, Johnstone
    Dias, Chilwell, Taylor, Dallas, Coufal
    Salah, Fernandes, Grealish, Barnes, Gundogan
    Bamford, Wood, Antonio

5.9m ITB

My move here is Taylor to Cancelo, isn't it?

Yeah I think so, or Dallas to Cancelo. That’s one of the most balanced squads I’ve seen but must be a nightmare picking 11 each week?

Suppose with so few premiums going well it allows a stronger overall squad.

Think you’ll end up benching Wood most weeks and for me 6.2 is way too much to have on your bench so I’d consider downgrading him to a Brewster if it allows you an upgrade somewhere else but I’m not even sure who you’d want to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Klonker wrote: »
    Most likely going to bring in Antonio for Bamford but I'll wait until Friday at the earliest.

Planning to do Maguire to Digne now instead. Not mad about United clean sheets over the next few gameweeks.

I still want Antonio but will wait another week by which stage we should know how long Kane is out. I'm happy to carry Kane if he'll be back for West Brom game in GW23.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kane and Struijk out

Chilwell and DCL in

Can't see too many reasons not to do it, not many other options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Think I'm on

Vardy and Dallas out

DCL and Digne in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Another day... another hit

Kane > DCL
    Taylor (finally) > Cancelo

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Mount out, Hamez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yeah I think so, or Dallas to Cancelo. That’s one of the most balanced squads I’ve seen but must be a nightmare picking 11 each week?

Suppose with so few premiums going well it allows a stronger overall squad.

Think you’ll end up benching Wood most weeks and for me 6.2 is way too much to have on your bench so I’d consider downgrading him to a Brewster if it allows you an upgrade somewhere else but I’m not even sure who you’d want to be honest.

Thanks. I have 5.9m burning a hole in my pocket so happy to leave Wood there. I could upgrade him to DCL but then I'd really have a benching headache each week!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Kane - Richarlison
    It was a straight forward swap, i looked at the options of bringing Bale in but going to avoid the hit with this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dice75 wrote: »
    Mount out, Hamez in.

Good transfer, back playing well the last couple of games

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bamford and Dallas to DCL and Digne for -4. Fully prepared for disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Had an awful game week just gone worst this season so far so can't afford to drop any more points.

Just the one transfer thinking of leaving Kane on the bench for now and swapping Burke for Gundogan.

Would have a midfielder of Maddison Bruno Salah Soucek and Gundogan with Antonio and Bamford upfront.

Any comments or suggestions?

Had an awful game week just gone worst this season so far so can't afford to drop any more points.

Just the one transfer thinking of leaving Kane on the bench for now and swapping Burke for Gundogan.

Would have a midfielder of Maddison Bruno Salah Soucek and Gundogan with Antonio and Bamford upfront.

Depends who the Kane replacement would be? Will they outscore Gundogan do you think?

I'm keeping & benching Kane until we know more about the official severity of his injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Depends who the Kane replacement would be? Will they outscore Gundogan do you think?

I'm keeping & benching Kane until we know more about the official severity of his injury.

If you are keeping Kane you might as well start him instead of putting on the bench in case he does a Son on it and is magically fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Thinking about taking Kane and Son out for Sterling and DCL.

Losing 0.7m in value if I ever sign both of those back which is what kills me when it comes to making these transfers.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If you are keeping Kane you might as well start him instead of putting on the bench in case he does a Son on it and is magically fit.

There could be something in that.

Spurs play Chelsea soon. That game could be pencilled in for his return. I'm gonna chance benching him. Couldn't deal with him getting a 1 pointer off the bench while Lacazette scores. I'll take the risk.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1355216660412694528?s=19

That still says best case scenario is 2 weeks though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

miller82 wrote: »
    when is this villa double ?

asking this too as a couple of posters talking of a Villa double but I cant see anything in the fixtures up to GW26 anyway. Is it unofficial for now or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Son in for Soucek is too obvious isn't it....

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Reece james to Cancelo done....thinking of Rashford out for Mahrez as a differential and making capt minus 4... worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Muahahaha wrote: »
    asking this too as a couple of posters talking of a Villa double but I cant see anything in the fixtures up to GW26 anyway. Is it unofficial for now or something?

Probably in 26

https://mobile.twitter.com/bencrellin/status/1354493045731962887/photo/1

Muahahaha wrote: »

It’s unofficial for now and unless they schedule games on the European weeks (which they usually don’t unless it’s a fixture that’s hard to schedule), it’s likely that Villa might just have a DGW in 26, and a GW in 29, given that Everton and Spurs play each other in the FA Cup and they’re the 2 games we’ve to reschedule.

Which way that would work will likely depend on Sheff United v Bristol City.

If Sheff United win, Villa would likely play the loser of Everton v Spurs in GW29, and you might have Sheff United game in the 26 DGW.

If Sheffield United lose, Villa would still play them in 29, but they could still throw Everton or Spurs in as the DGW game in 26.

So in short I expect only one of those Everton and Spurs to actually create a DGW, but really I know nothing and they’ll basically do whatever they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Any chance we'll get early team news on Everton?
    Few toffees around these parts and eh I duuno? for one I think has posted early team news.

Have Soucek Holding Zouma on the bench so am tempted by Digne and demoting Bamford. Squad will become even more rounded post BB though and maybe I bench Robertson!
    I just feel Ancelotti could think he can get away with resting Digne against Newcastle after long injury.

Bamford to DCL looks good too but I keep stopping myself from considering it too long!

Advertisement