Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 21 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Starting to think of another hit. I have 5.4m in the bank. I can pretty much do anything. I've thought of a few options:

1. Salah to Mane
    2. Bank the transfer
    3. KWP to Cancelo
    4. KWP to Cancelo and Bissouma to Barnes for a -4

4 gives me a selection headache as I'll have to play 5 in midfield. Means I would have to drop 2 of cresswell/Dias/Cancelo/Dallas/TAA. I could just go Dallas to Cancelo and keep KWP to stop the headache.

I like the look of having Barnes over Bissouma. And cancelo is a very very good full back pick. Bit torn over what to do. I like doing hits when the other player cannot play and punish me that gameweek ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ElTel wrote: »
    Any chance we'll get early team news on Everton?
    Few toffees around these parts and eh I duuno? for one I think has posted early team news.

Have Soucek Holding Zouma on the bench so am tempted by Digne and demoting Bamford. Squad will become even more rounded post BB though and maybe I bench Robertson!
    I just feel Ancelotti could think he can get away with resting Digne against Newcastle after long injury.

Bamford to DCL looks good too but I keep stopping myself from considering it too long!

I feel the same all this money is leading to a very very well balanced squad! Its unnerving!

Soucek to Son, or Davis to DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Son in for Soucek is too obvious isn't it....

Ive had both players in for a while and have not felt the need to move either one out regardless of £ITB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any chance we'll get early team news on Everton?
    Few toffees around these parts and eh I duuno? for one I think has posted early team news.

Have Soucek Holding Zouma on the bench so am tempted by Digne and demoting Bamford. Squad will become even more rounded post BB though and maybe I bench Robertson!
    I just feel Ancelotti could think he can get away with resting Digne against Newcastle after long injury.

Bamford to DCL looks good too but I keep stopping myself from considering it too long!

Toffee here and I don't see Digne being rested. Played left wing v Leicester. One of our most important players so I'd say he'll definitely start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Lacazette & Reguillon to DCL & Cancelo for a -4, itll hopefully pay back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

CSF wrote: »
    It’s unofficial for now and unless they schedule games on the European weeks (which they usually don’t unless it’s a fixture that’s hard to schedule), it’s likely that Villa might just have a DGW in 26, and a GW in 29, given that Everton and Spurs play each other in the FA Cup and they’re the 2 games we’ve to reschedule.

Which way that would work will likely depend on Sheff United v Bristol City.

If Sheff United win, Villa would likely play the loser of Everton v Spurs in GW29, and you might have Sheff United game in the 26 DGW.

If Sheffield United lose, Villa would still play them in 29, but they could still throw Everton or Spurs in as the DGW game in 26.

So in short I expect only one of those Everton and Spurs to actually create a DGW, but really I know nothing and they’ll basically do whatever they want.

cheers thanks, one to keep an eye on for sure. I only have Martinez in nets for Villa but it might be worth adding Grealish or Watkins when their DGW gets announced for certain

Reading the thread has me thinking of going with the herd on Kane to DCL for a -4. Im lightweight up front with Bamford and Wood who has a tough fixture. But DCL hasnt been on great form either though I do see merit in the Digne/Richarlison supply line argument to get DCL scoring again. Digne has a fantastic cross on him and DCLs goals seemed to evaporate after he got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Soucek out for Gundogan, am I mad? Always find Soucek is on the bench for the games he returns, never feel confident starting him.
    Other midfielders are Maddison, Son, Bruno, Grealish with Bamford, Kane & Antonio up front. I don't think I hit is worth it to move Kane on this week, will probably go to either Ings/DCL next week

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cdev

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Soucek out for Gundogan, am I mad? Always find Soucek is on the bench for the games he returns, never feel confident starting him.
    Other midfielders are Maddison, Son, Bruno, Grealish with Bamford, Kane & Antonio up front. I don't think I hit is worth it to move Kane on this week, will probably go to either Ings/DCL next week

That's exactly what I'm doing. Soucek is regularly on my bench..... Those 15 points from this week laughing at me from bench position 1.

Is it mad to say I am still not sure on getting cancelo in? He had 1 assist before last game. Is this just bad luck or was he just unlucky? Think the next two and their run after that are a different prospect as well. Starting to think of keeping KWP on the bench, Dallas and wood as subs, and then having Barnes instead of Bissouma. Think Barnes will do well against Leeds. Would bring me closer to a full active squad. Bank the week after that then 3 transfers for a fit keeper and to fix any other issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Is it mad to say I am still not sure on getting cancelo in? He had 1 assist before last game. Is this just bad luck or was he just unlucky? Think the next two and their run after that are a different prospect as well. Starting to think of keeping KWP on the bench, Dallas and wood as subs, and then having Barnes instead of Bissouma. Think Barnes will do well against Leeds. Would bring me closer to a full active squad. Bank the week after that then 3 transfers for a fit keeper and to fix any other issues.
    He had exceptionally good underlying numbers leading upto the week just gone, so a week like that was coming. He is great, albeit with the occasional rest coming his way, slightly more risk than his CB buddies.

I would love to have him if I didn't already have 3 defenders that I quite like, but I would be of the opinion that 3 City players is close to essential at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Tempted to flip my City trio. I’ve Dias Stones & Sterling. Gundog is nearly to tempting to ignore especially as a few in my private leave have him. If he hauls and Sterling doesn’t Im in bother. I’m also thinking going forward with City having a 2 or 3 double gameweeks coming up it might be more beneficial to have 2 midfielders especially as they are playing really well again. I know I know Dias Stones Cancelo done really well in the last double game week. Laporte is back now as well so could be reduced minutes for somebody. Sooo

Stones & Son —> Digne & Gundog. A -4 of course but long term solution.
    Don’t fancy Son without Kane, they looked bang average when Arry went off. I could leave is as is until next week and do it for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

Yea he was very unlucky, couple of shots hit the cross bar in one or two games and keeper made some good saves - he's very attack minded - unlike maybe say Dias who will only get forward at corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Trying to figure out who to replace Kane with. Have Wilson and Bamford. Is Harry long term and who would be a decent replacement given upcoming fixtures. Have 2 LFC already, don’t think Firmino is worth a punt. Don’t have any Arsenal. Thinking of Jesus. Thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Damien360 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out who to replace Kane with. Have Wilson and Bamford. Is Harry long term and who would be a decent replacement given upcoming fixtures. Have 2 LFC already, don’t think Firmino is worth a punt. Don’t have any Arsenal. Thinking of Jesus. Thoughts ?

DCL seems to be the most popular replacement and it's who I've gone with myself. On Jesus, it depends which City players you already have but I wouldn't have him in my team personally.

Gave myself a bit of a benching headache for this GW:

Martinez
    Stones Dias Chilwell
    Bruno Gundogan Maddison Grealish Salah (c)
    DCL Watkins

Sanchez Antonio Cresswell Mitchell

Start Watkins, Antonio or Cresswell?
    Don't think I can bench any of the other 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sounds like Nat Philips is gonna be starting for Liverpool on Sunday.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Sounds like Nat Philips is gonna be starting for Liverpool on Sunday.

And probably beside Henderson.

Reckon Moyes can exploit that. Set pieces especially.

Okay I've decided benching headaches are better than nothing. Cancelo in for KWP, and Barnes in Bissouma. Looking longer term, and with 1.8m itb to play with in 2 weeks time barring any catastrophes in between. Can only pay off as KWP won't play and Bissouma will get a 1/2 pointer. Last hit for a while but third one in a row. All paid off so far so why not !

Damien360 wrote: »

Not Jesus anyway

I've the same 3 strikers as you and I'm 99% sure I'll go for DCL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Tempted to flip my City trio. I’ve Dias Stones & Sterling. Gundog is nearly to tempting to ignore especially as a few in my private leave have him. If he hauls and Sterling doesn’t Im in bother. I’m also thinking going forward with City having a 2 or 3 double gameweeks coming up it might be more beneficial to have 2 midfielders especially as they are playing really well again. I know I know Dias Stones Cancelo done really well in the last double game week. Laporte is back now as well so could be reduced minutes for somebody. Sooo

Stones & Son —> Digne & Gundog. A -4 of course but long term solution.
    Don’t fancy Son without Kane, they looked bang average when Arry went off. I could leave is as is until next week and do it for free.

Your in the zone lately so Stones will be rested and that hit looks even better. :pac:
    I do like it tbh. Shield move and good upside. Captain Sterling still?

Was looking at that option to get Sterling and lose Stones, keeping Cancelo.
    For you it's less straight forward perhaps.
    Could Dias be at higher risk of rest with Laporte around? Hasn't Stones played as the right CB? Could the savings help if Kane is out short term say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Gave myself a bit of a benching headache for this GW:

Martinez
    Stones Dias Chilwell
    Bruno Gundogan Maddison Grealish Salah (c)
    DCL Watkins

Sanchez Antonio Cresswell Mitchell

Start Watkins, Antonio or Cresswell?
    Don't think I can bench any of the other 9.

Agree with this order.
    Wolves should score.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Your in the zone lately so Stones will be rested and that hit looks even better. :pac:
    I do like it tbh. Shield move and good upside. Captain Sterling still?

Was looking at that option to get Sterling and lose Stones, keeping Cancelo.
    For you it's less straight forward perhaps.
    Could Dias be at higher risk of rest with Laporte around? Hasn't Stones played as the right CB? Could the savings help if Kane is out short term say.

I think I am going to leave it for this gameweek. When Laporte came on against West Brom it wasn’t for either centre half & he has played a bit at left back also. City have 3 games in a week the last of which is away to Liverpool and Burnley away before that, so there will be rotation. Gundog was taken off after 55 mins he’s hardly going to ply all 3. Might be in a better position to make the change during the week. It’s possible Son might get returns against Brighton as well. I will probably captain Sterling to hopefully cover any Gundog haul

Agree with this order.
    Wolves should score.

I'm actually torn now between starting Watkins and Antonio. Nat Phillips/Henderson cb pairing is swaying me towards starting Antonio. Also not tripling up on Villa away to Southampton with Martinez and Grealish already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

COH wrote: »
    Another day... another hit

Kane > DCL
    Taylor (finally) > Cancelo

Similar for a -4.

Taylor > Cancelo
    Timo > DCL
    KDB > Son

2.1 ITB

I don't get the whole Spurs without Kane means Son won't perform BS. Spurs are a different team this season when you break down them stats that are going around.

Armband going to go on DCL. You could make a case for so many this GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Few fires to put out atm just considering what to do and when so any help appreciated

Current team is

Pope(Meslier)
    Cancelo Dias Robbo (Ogbonna, Coufal)
    Bruno Son Gundogan Ziyech (Soucek)
    Wilson Bamford Cavani

only 1 ft this week but considering a -4 Ogbonna & Bamford/Wilson > Digne & DCL/Richarlison/Antonio

Next fires will then probably be Bamford/Wilson,Ziyech and Cavani over the next few weeks any thoughts? 2.0m ITB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

In the reverse fixture, klopp played him and he put in a rare motm performances, not the quickest but was great at defending set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Phillips is a big man, perfect for a tall West Ham team (take Soucek's ariel threat)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Happy4all wrote: »
    In the reverse fixture, klopp played him and he put in a rare motm performances, not the quickest but was great at defending set pieces.

Haller was up front!

Antonio different player altogether

• Advertisement

Did Kane to DCL

I've 5.1 in the bank and no idea what to do with it.

I should really move on Wilson but no one stands out or i could do JWP to Mane or Son but not sure its worth a hit

Could do Taylor to Digne but not sure its worth a hit either. Digne would need a 7 pointer for it to pay off

Advertisement