Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi dropping all devices at same time, at random intervals

Options
  • 27-01-2021 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Trying to debug my home wifi. Some/most evenings there will be maybe 2 Laptops, and 3 phones, a TV streaming netflix and 4 smart switches/plugs connected to the wifi. That shouldnt be too hard for it to handle. Wifi is iin hallway , no more than 4 or 5 yards from most of the devices. Then out of the blue all devices just disconnect. I am trying to figure out is it my Internet connection that is dropping out or wifi signal. Using WhatsApp on a phone is a disaster most of the time. However, using a laptop I rarely see any issues, and nothing that I can ever reproduce. Phones seem to be the big problem.
    I cant tell if using an RJ45 wired connection is any better because as I said I rarely see any problems with a PC on the wifi.
    Broadband speed checker shows me same up/down speeds and ping response time regardless of using wired or wireless connection. I have run a ping test on my laptop to see if many dropped packages and only see maybe 2 or 3 timeouts over the course of a full 60 min

What other tests can I use to see if it is my wifi or actual broadband connection that is at fault?

Advertisement