Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend dual mixer kitchen tap

• 27-01-2021 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good reliable and affordable mixer tap for the kitchen please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Sorry to bump this but would anyone recommend a dual chrome mixer for a single hole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Any trade counter should have a selection of them. Don't buy the cheapest though

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Any trade counter should have a selection of them. Don't buy the cheapest though

Cheers. How much in terms of a ball mark should I be paying for a good quality dual mixer tap?

Do deck mounted taps fit onto a sink? What's the difference between deck and surface mounted?

billyhead wrote: »
    Cheers. How much in terms of a ball mark should I be paying for a good quality dual mixer tap?

I haven't bought a mono kitchen tap in a long, long time. I'm guessing you can get a cheap one for around 50 euro at a trade counter. Holding this in your hand & one for twice that price you should feel a massive difference in the weight. The more expensive one should be far better quality with better quality brass

• Advertisement

I haven't bought a mono kitchen tap in a long, long time. I'm guessing you can get a cheap one for around 50 euro at a trade counter. Holding this in your hand & one for twice that price you should feel a massive difference in the weight. The more expensive one should be far better quality with better quality brass

Thanks. Would a deck mounted tap fit on a sink hole?

billyhead wrote: »
    Thanks. Would a deck mounted tap fit on a sink hole?

I'm guessing your old tap is a deck mounted tap. Deck mounted & surface mounted are the same thing

I'm guessing your old tap is a deck mounted tap. Deck mounted & surface mounted are the same thing

Thanks. This is the current tap

Pretty much any tap will replace that. I haven't done this type of work as a plumber in a long time & I've forgotten more than I remember. Maybe one of the other plumbers might be more help on what to look out for. Some taps are more difficult to fit than others. Some have better ways to connect underneath than others. Some can work themselves off centre easily & never seem fit properly. The mechanism to attach underneath is very important, especially if you plan not to use a plumber with the correct tools. In this case it would be worth paying a little extra for something easy to install

Pretty much any tap will replace that. I haven't done this type of work as a plumber in a long time & I've forgotten more than I remember. Maybe one of the other plumbers might be more help on what to look out for. Some taps are more difficult to fit than others. Some have better ways to connect underneath than others. Some can work themselves off centre easily & never seem fit properly. The mechanism to attach underneath is very important, especially if you plan not to use a plumber with the correct tools. In this case it would be worth paying a little extra for something easy to install

Cheers. I plan to get a plumber to call out and install the new tap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Screwfix have cook and lewis taps with 10 year warranty very reasonable.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/cooke-lewis-dual-lever-mono-mixer-kitchen-tap-chrome/9385t

Do a click and collect if you can, any plumber or handy man can fit.

Advertisement