Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icloud lost password

Options
  • 27-01-2021 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm trying to get an Iphone 12 reconnected to Icloud. It is not my phone and the circumstances are as follows;

An Iphone 8 was upgraded to a 12 following damage to the 8.
    A Vodafone shop did the sale and transferred somehow all data and settings onto the new phone without an Icloud password.

The new phone was then used away for a while and worked fine until a new app was needed. The phone now asks for Icloud password.

Tried to reset the password but cannot be done automatically.
    Promised calls and texts from Apple support have not materialised.

Contacted Apple support by phone and was promised a mail would follow 24 hours later. Did not materialise.

I'll obviously need to try again but now I have a dilemma. I certainly don't want the 12 to update with the older data from the 8 whenever it was last backed up. Would that even happen?

TIA

HD.

Advertisement