If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AV Receiver and center speaker

Options
  • 27-01-2021 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I am looking for a recommendation on upgrading my existing AV Receiver (Denon AVR 1911) and center speaker (Cambridge Audio SL40) Both originally bough from your belfast store almost 10 years go... have definitely stood the test of time....

The AV Receiver needs an upgrade as I've upgraded to a 4k TV with my PS5. I also want to take full advantage of the 4k/120Hz pass through. I have seen that there have some issues with this on the latest AV Receiver. Any suggestions?

The center speaker needs to be upgraded as the SL40 is just a bit too bulky on top the mantle piece so looking for something a little bit more compact with good sound quality but not break the bank.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Hi folks, I am looking for a recommendation on upgrading my existing AV Receiver (Denon AVR 1911) and center speaker (Cambridge Audio SL40) Both originally bough from your belfast store almost 10 years go... have definitely stood the test of time....

The AV Receiver needs an upgrade as I've upgraded to a 4k TV with my PS5. I also want to take full advantage of the 4k/120Hz pass through. I have seen that there have some issues with this on the latest AV Receiver. Any suggestions?

The center speaker needs to be upgraded as the SL40 is just a bit too bulky on top the mantle piece so looking for something a little bit more compact with good sound quality but not break the bank.

Thanks
    Hi Omegared,

Thank for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you!

There were some issues with 120Hz on the newer AV receivers but they have been resolved for the PS5 so you'll have no issues with it, it just requires a bit of playing about in the settings menu.

I would recommend the Denons however we are quite thin on the ground at the moment and waiting for more stock to arrive. I do have limited stock available of the Denon AVCX4700 though which would be one of the best AV receivers available:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204848-denon-avcx4700-black-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x-av-amplifier.aspx

For an upgrade on a centre speaker which is compact I would recommend the Monitor Audio Radius 200 which sounds amazing but has a very small profile:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12548-monitor-audio-radius-200-black-black-single-centre.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.