Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by Mod for questioning deletion of a post

Options
  • 27-01-2021 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭

I made a perfectly reasonable post similar to thousands of others featuring a link to an interesting article in the Brexit thread and my own short opinion/analysis of it and it was removed for no reason, when I asked the mod ancapailldorcha why, he deleted that post and banned me from Politics, he also deleted and sanctioned other posters who posted in my support.

I am a long time member of that forum and the Brexit threads in particular to which I have contributed a lot over the years and this is a massive overreaction, why am I being targeted?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hi Thargor,

By what means have you attempted to discuss the issue with the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

PM'd him and got a snarky reply, he's not doing anything about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Can you please share a copy of those PM's?

This:
    You just pasted a link without making any sort of point whatsoever and then went on to question moderation on thread.

Upheld.
    I dont know what he means by making any point whatsoever, I asked about the future direction of Brexit and what the actual endpoint would look like, it was a completely normal comment for that thread.

This is getting ridiculous now, I keep having my posts censored by this lad:
    Thargor wrote: »
    SNIP. Stop dumping links please.
    50% of the posts in that thread are people posting a link to some news and commenting on it, this is pure abuse of mod powers by a hypocrite who does the exact same thing himself.

• Advertisement

Great banned again for posting in the exact same way Ive been posting for years in Politics and the way half the people in that thread continue to post, its just they arent being stalked by a mod who's upset about being called out.

Oh look <snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread deals with your appeal, not other posts

Beasty wrote: »
    This thread deals with your appeal, not other posts
    Its relevant when I give examples of the exact same thing though?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Your appeal is dealt with on its merits

Other actions or inactions by mods are irrelevant here

If you believe there has been inconsistency take it up with the mod via PM. If not satisfied take it to Help Desk - but not before this appeal is dealt with

Beasty wrote: »
    Your appeal is dealt with on its merits

Other actions or inactions by mods are irrelevant here

If you believe there has been inconsistency take it up with the mod via PM. If not satisfied take it to Help Desk - but not before this appeal is dealt with
    Im sorry Im not following, Im talking about a repeated pattern of behaviour, ie he is doing the same thing to my posts over and over again, then doing the same thing himself and ignoring others "link dumping", just targeting me.

Do you want me to make a new thread for every example of this or something? Im not some troll here, Ive been posting in the Politics forum for a decade in the exact same fashion.

• Advertisement

This thread deals with your ban and in particular your post(s) resulting in that ban

It does not deal with any posts made by other posters

If you are complaining about inconsistency, that is not for this forum

So the CMod will deal with your behaviour and whether that warranted the ban

If you wish to complain about inconsistent moderation there is a different process

That process is:
    1. Discuss with the mods and, if not satisfied
    2. Start a thread in Help Desk

However you should await the outcome of this appeal before starting any thread in Help Desk

This thread will deal with your ban and your ban alone.

Apologies for delay in response. I haven't been online over the last week. As advised by Beasty, this isn't the place for feedback.

In relation to your recent infractions:
    The ban was applied due the manner in which you sought to address it. It wasn't by PM as referenced earlier in the thread, it was initiated within the thread.

Your subsequent ban is due to both back seat moderation and attacking the poster. Who coincidentally was the moderator that infracted you previously.

I would not recommend being antagonistic as means to voice and resolve criticism.

I won't be seeking to reverse either infraction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement