Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passed test. Am I entitled to insurance rebate?

• 27-01-2021 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi there.. Quick question, a family member just passed her driving test. She has six months remaining on her insurance policy. If she contacts her insurance company, what are the chances that they will refund part of the premium she's already paid or credit her for next year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Some will, some won't. They're not obliged to. Only way to find out is to ring them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 sdfsdfdf

Young driver in our family got €68 refund. Passed test in December, policy expires in mid-June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

ASK! I did it many a moon ago. I walked in with the pass cert and they calculated the refund in front of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Just to clarify:

‘Entitled’ = Right to something,

You might however be ‘Eligible’ depending on your insurers criteria. Not all will give a rebate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Just to bookend this thread and give a heads up to anyone else in this position. My daughter eventually managed to contact her insurance company and they told her she was entitled ; ) to a rebate of over €200.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I got about 10% back. It will largely depend on how far in to your policy you are. A month or two in and you will get a lot, you will get nothing after the 9-10 month mark.

Advertisement