Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus

Options
  • 27-01-2021 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Unbelievable. Waiting on a bus to go check on an old person . few people at the stop , bus came 3 people stepped forward in front of me for the bus, as i stepped on the driver shut the doors on me I stepped back , doors opened driver and shut again then opened yelled at me i am only taking 3 shut the door and drove off , bus was not full. He intentionally shut the door to stop me getting on. No apology My arm and leg hurt a bit .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Why aren't you reporting him to DB?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Buses have a max capacity currently which you have absolutely no way of knowing if they are at from outside - they will all look "not full" at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’d be reporting ASAP, any marks on your body, photograph.

Report to Dublin bus, stop number, time, as verbatim as possible the occurrence of events... also the injuries you endured.

If you got bus reg or vehicle number it would obviously make it easier but I doubt you’d have had the opportunity in the heat of the moment... but try informing them of..

Time approximately

Bus stop number / location

Bus number ie. 41

Detailed outline of events.. what happened, what was said etc...the manner and demeanor of the driver...angry, aggressive etc...

Report tonight, advise you’ll be needing to consult a medical professional.

Upshot might be worse case scenario you’ll put a halt either by re-educating the driver or him having to choose another career... which would probably be appropriate :)

If he is wishing to ensure max capacity is adhered to, he needs to ensure that’s done fairly... also safely. Sounds like he failed big time on both counts. He has a duty of care to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

Dublin bus can only operate at 25% capacity.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

Report them. Regardless of reduced capacity that's no excuse to be rude let alone potentially injure passengers. Sick of useless cun** in reasonably well paid jobs who lack basic manners when dealing with the public.

• Advertisement

Report them. Regardless of reduced capacity that's no excuse to be rude let alone potentially injure passengers. Sick of useless cun** in reasonably well paid jobs who lack basic manners when dealing with the public.

It’s an epidemic in this country, people need to fight back and follow through..

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s an epidemic in this country, people need to fight back and follow through..

It's very irritating even in shops it's pretty common to meet staff who have a horrible attitude. You'd swear they were being made to work there against there own will. I don't expect over the top ridiculous friendliness but when I say hello or thank you I do expect the same in return, I feel it's common decency and if you don't believe in that well then it's part of the job you're being paid to do.

It's very irritating even in shops it's pretty common to meet staff who have a horrible attitude. You'd swear they were being made to work there against there own will. I don't expect over the top ridiculous friendliness but when I say hello or thank you I do expect the same in return, I feel it's common decency and if you don't believe in that well then it's part of the job you're being paid to do.

Totally, I think all we can do is be picky as to where we spend our money and be nicely public and loud with our criticism.

Strumms wrote: »
    Totally, I think all we can do is be picky as to where we spend our money and be nicely public and loud with our criticism.

You're right no good bitching and moaning online.

You're right no good bitching and moaning online.

It’s discusssing, a difference ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ydnas wrote: »
    ... as i stepped on the driver shut the doors on me I stepped back , doors opened driver and shut again...
    There is usually a slight delay between the door button being pressed and the door actually physically closing. I used to drive buses and I often pressed the door close button only for a passenger to suddenly jump aboard as the door closes. (Not excusing rudeness, just explaining that the door closing on you may have been accidental).
    ... I do expect the same in return, I feel it's common decency...
    Decency works both ways though. You started a thread recently complaining about a cycle shop because they wouldn't give you a full refund on a bicycle which you had used several times but then decided cycling wasn't for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

There is usually a slight delay between the door button being pressed and the door actually physically closing. I used to drive buses and I often pressed the door close button only for a passenger to suddenly jump aboard as the door closes. (Not excusing rudeness, just explaining that the door closing on you may have been accidental).

Decency works both ways though. You started a thread recently complaining about a cycle shop because they wouldn't give you a full refund on a bicycle which you had used several times but then decided cycling wasn't for you.

Maybe he wanted to bring the bike onto the bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

ydnas wrote: »
    Unbelievable. Waiting on a bus to go check on an old person . few people at the stop , bus came 3 people stepped forward in front of me for the bus, as i stepped on the driver shut the doors on me I stepped back , doors opened driver and shut again then opened yelled at me i am only taking 3 shut the door and drove off , bus was not full. He intentionally shut the door to stop me getting on. No apology My arm and leg hurt a bit .

what are the rules now with limited capacity? If I go get the bus should I make sure to push my way on? :confused::pac:

Advertisement