Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is insurance gone up €100 since last year

• 27-01-2021 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Car: 2004 1.4 diesel corolla
    14 year ncb
    Full Licence
    0 points
    Renewal from insure my van for €419 which I got for €317 last year

How is insurance going up we can't drive past 5km etc

Also can anyone recommend another commercial insurance company?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Insurance is not going up, it's coming down for the vast majority. Yours has gone up with your current insurer, so shop around for better value. Having said that, €317 last year for a commercial policy sounds underpriced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Generally commercial drivers have been able to drive further.

But in saying that, is there some reason why you should have less risk within 5km than 30km

Definitely looks like you underpaid last year - I've 35 years claim free driving, 0 points, and commercial policy is almost €500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Insurance is not going up, it's coming down for the vast majority. Yours has gone up with your current insurer, so shop around for better value. Having said that, €317 last year for a commercial policy sounds underpriced

€419 is very underpriced, €317 is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Chiorino wrote: »
    €419 is very underpriced, €317 is ridiculous.

Axa ran a promo scheme last year for basic road legal 3rd party cover at €317.
    Normally no perks like glass or step back ncb
    Had to have full ncb on private car too
    No a/c/c or pp
    Ins & partner only
    Promo discount at inception but standard rate at renewal onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Car: 2004 1.4 diesel corolla
    14 year ncb
    Full Licence
    0 points
    Renewal from insure my van for €419 which I got for €317 last year

How is insurance going up we can't drive past 5km etc

Also can anyone recommend another commercial insurance company?

Caution: don't let it run out, even if it means going with your existing insurer again.

Getting a quote for New Business on a 2004 is going to be very difficult.

I'm having severe issues trying to cover a 2006 1.2 Clio

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Got sorted with AXA. 335 or thereabouts. Insuremyvan give first time customers a massive discount and hike up the price after the first year I was told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Got sorted with AXA. 335 or thereabouts. Insuremyvan give first time customers a massive discount and hike up the price after the first year I was told.

That's phenomenally cheap. 3rd party or fully comp.

I got them down to €475, but it's a commercial suv and just two years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Darc19 wrote: »
    That's phenomenally cheap. 3rd party or fully comp.

I got them down to €475, but it's a commercial suv and just two years old.

Mistake. It was actually €284 for the year when I added my spouse. She's insured with them and have house insurance so coudnt say no. It's 3rd party but I only use the van to purchase farm feed etc.

Advertisement