Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon: Contigo Byron 470ml Travel Mug - €13.56

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The mug arrived today. Happy days. Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

The mug arrived today. Happy days. Thanks OP

Mine arrived this morning too, despite being promised for Feb 15th ship date!
    Very pleased - they look really simple to clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just got an email from Amazon to say my mug had been returned by the carrier and they were giving me a refund. Oh well, I guess it was never an essential buy but a bit strange as I had got notification of dispatch and expected delivery date of next Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Really happy with it. I put a coffee into it earlier in the house and it was still roasting a couple of hours later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Just got an email from Amazon to say my mug had been returned by the carrier and they were giving me a refund. Oh well, I guess it was never an essential buy but a bit strange as I had got notification of dispatch and expected delivery date of next Monday.
    Why would that happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Why would that happen?

Did he send it to Parcel Motel by mistake ?

Why would that happen?

Happened to me a few times over the years, it's just random. Didn't happen again after I reordered each item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Same for me, said unable to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭gip

Cheers OP, mine arrived in post yesterday. Really holds heat well and leak proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Soarer wrote: »
    Got mine for €11.30! :D
    Thanks weakening sterling!

#winning

Sterling isnt weakening , it's actually as strong as it has been in 12 months and in or around where it has been for the last 8 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭Soarer

Car99 wrote: »
    Sterling isnt weakening , it's actually as strong as it has been in 12 months and in or around where it has been for the last 8 years.

Jaysus.

received this at the weekend.

seem to hold the heat well.

find that I have to take the lid off completely to drink though as

1. the drinking opening is fiddly and likely to spill on you, especially when the vessel is less full

2. liquid goes right onto your lips the way the open is designed meaning anything above warm will burn your lips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

glasso wrote: »

1. the drinking opening is fiddly and likely to spill on you, especially when the vessel is less full

2. liquid goes right onto your lips the way the open is designed meaning anything above warm will burn your lips

Yep same for me. Was going to use it for casual drinking at home during the day, but the opening takes getting used to. The snap is not suitable for having a drink during the night either without waking herself up.

Great container, but probably more suited to taking drinks out and about than at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

glasso wrote: »

Yep same for me. Was going to use it for casual drinking at home during the day, but the opening takes getting used to. The snap is not suitable for having a drink during the night either without waking herself up.

Great container, but probably more suited to taking drinks out and about than at home.

Jesus - Product designers have a really tough job in fairness.

Back to the drawing board to design a travel mug with an integrated series of offset flow-baffles so the liquid within flows in response to the users tilting motion yet doesn't directly go into the mouth they're actively and purposefully pouring it into.

Also its a travel mug but design considerations need to be taken for the lad that often doesn't travel with it but decides to instead take it into bed with him and sip away under the duvet all night while his owl-eared wife snoozes away, blissfully unaware of his odd nocturnal habits...

Sometimes she wakes and upon observing his jumpy, agitated state suspects he might be surfing the more exotic side of the Internet - but in reality he's carefully topping off his caffeine levels in preparation for the morning that's coming along all too soon.

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Jesus - Product designers have a really tough job in fairness.

Back to the drawing board to design a travel mug with an integrated series of offset flow-baffles so the liquid within flows in response to the users tilting motion yet doesn't directly go into the mouth they're actively and purposefully pouring it into.

Also its a travel mug but design considerations need to be taken for the lad that often doesn't travel with it but decides to instead take it into bed with him and sip away under the duvet all night while his owl-eared wife snoozes away, blissfully unaware of his odd nocturnal habits...

Sometimes she wakes and upon observing his jumpy, agitated state suspects he might be surfing the more exotic side of the Internet - but in reality he's carefully topping off his caffeine levels in preparation for the morning that's coming along all too soon.

The Autoseal version of Contigo are far superior, We got them at work when they removed disposable cups, One-touch when drinking, and keeps stuff hot for 7 or 8 hours.

The drinking opening on this mug is simply not that good imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I've been reading along since the start, delighted with all the reviews, eventually bit the bullet and ordered, and then I start reading all on the 'cons' list. :).

Mine is arriving today, will be interesting to see what I think of it. Bottom line is it didn't break the bank so probably a bargain either way, compared to high street prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I've been reading along since the start, delighted with all the reviews, eventually bit the bullet and ordered, and then I start reading all on the 'cons' list. :).

Mine is arriving today, will be interesting to see what I think of it. Bottom line is it didn't break the bank so probably a bargain either way, compared to high street prices.

I like mine. I agree it's not quite as good at retaining heat as the older one I had (probably an Autoseal - it was a corporate-branded goodie that I picked up in a charity shop). The new one keeps my coffee hot enough to bring in the car, drink half of it, go for a 2 hour walk with the dog and have reasonably hot coffee when I get back to the car. The old one would surprise me by still being hot after 5 or 6 hours. And the new spout is a bit small for a decent slug of coffee.

However a very big plus for me on the new one is the ease of cleaning the lid - it's just all open to access, very simple. Quite likely it's the size of the lid that is determining the rate of heat loss - the old one was much deeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Mango Joe wrote: »

I told you that in confidence ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭event

That one was gone by the time I checked it but I ordered one of these instead

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TRWWB7Y?th=1&psc=1

Its the auto seal.
    I got the Matt Black, 300ml one and comes to £17.71 when the VAT taken off

Not sure if thats a BA or not but might be handy for anyone that missed out or doesnt like the lid on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Mine arrived. Handy out!

event wrote: »
    That one was gone by the time I checked it but I ordered one of these instead

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TRWWB7Y?th=1&psc=1

Its the auto seal.
    I got the Matt Black, 300ml one and comes to £17.71 when the VAT taken off

Not sure if thats a BA or not but might be handy for anyone that missed out or doesnt like the lid on it

I have both and the Autoseal is far superior IMO,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

TimHorton wrote: »
    the Autoseal is far superior IMO,

So you've said, twice.

I have both and the Autoseal is far far superior IMO,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

When the same size autoseal is available at the same price be sure to pop it in here

Does anyone have both?
    Which do they think is superior?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

i have both , had them for a couple of years now , auto seal is handy if you are prone to knocking over the cup at your desk ,
    both hold heat well for over 2 hours , coffee still warm after 4 .. :) if they are filled to the top when you flick open you can get blow back , have learned to cover ope with hand when opening ..

TimHorton wrote: »
    I have both and the Autoseal is far far superior IMO,

I wish I had the auto-seal as the snap-seal is shyte!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've been using an Edel Hoff mug for some time now, cracking design and keeps drinks nice and hot, 17.61Euro. Lid is perfect, just press the button

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EDEL-HOFF-Insulated-One-Handed-Leakproof/dp/B07YWJYS45/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=edel+hoff&qid=1613678087&sr=8-4

• Advertisement

The mug in the OP is now down to £10, which is £8.33 without the VAT, and approx. €9.60 delievered with Prime.

Advertisement