Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debris (NBC) [** Spoilers **]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

12: I eh.. I'm with the dude in the end credits
    I don't know!
    :)
    Not sure if that was filler or leading to something for the finale next episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That wasn't filler. Earlier episodes like about the clones would be classed as filler, apart from a scene or 2 that ties into the overall story. Though I guess case of the week would be another term.
    Not sure if the same terms are used, but these types of episodes like this week's used to be known as Mythology episodes in the X Files days where the ongoing story was continued.
    We had
    continuation of the story from last week.
    The ball of light which will likely come into play again.
    George looking for and finding the debris.
    INFLUX plan progress.

Of course case of the week episodes gives us great episodes like Tooms, Ice and Darkness Falls from season 1 of X Files alone.

Oh and even though the upfronts are this week, NBC have said they haven't made a decision on shows still airing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Decent episode - should have been more episodes like that
    Hope it does get renewed as it has gotten better throughout the season

Another good episode but did they really have to get
    Walter

fritzelly wrote: »
    Another good episode but did they really have to get
    Walter

I'd say it's more
    Walternate
    :)

The first show I knew Sebastian Roché from was Odyssey 5, another sci-fi series.

So many cliffhangers and no dialogue during the credits this time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So, the audio in the credits must be related to Brian being rescued after his run in with the debris that he talked about in this episode.

Do we know what happened to the other two?

Garcia was the blind guy they left George with in the time loop episodes.
    Don't know about Ming. Seems he disappeared going by the dialogue in episode 9, that you can see in my earlier post

13 The second
    John Noble turned up
    , I was like :eek:

I can't believe
    how much they've left everything just hanging
    like that! They must
    be really confident of getting renewed!

This episode was like
    they just cracked open a huge array of story potential and just left it there! Definitely want to know where it's going!

As for the end credits this time,
    without someone talking almost felt even a bit creepier!

*nods to the music person who's clearly a huge Bladerunner fan* :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I didn't realise this was the season finale. Fúcks sake. Can't believe we're going to be waiting a year to get some answers. Hopefully it gets renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

nooooooooooooooooooo! booooo!

Maybe another network or Netflix will pick it up

Definitely a series that would have benefitted from a binge watch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nice seeing Wyman bring in his old Fringe cast in Noble and Roché, a lot of potential going forward with them as cast members and the way the story opened up a bit more towards the end.

Shame, it was starting to get better as the weeks went on but it's very hard to compact everything into a mid-season show with only 13 episodes, especially when it's sci-fi. Trying to introduce characters, introduce some storylines, and connect with the characters and build up to a finale. A full 22 episode run would have given it a bit more runway and a chance to flesh out the storyline and tie things together a bit better.

Advertisement